PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Polian takes swipe at Pats...

Status
Not open for further replies.
so pats 18-1 are not an undefeated team sure but polian's 23 wins excluding the playoffs is meaningful and actually 'consective' ?

somehow he decided to not count the one loss they had......the one playoff game they had

All the Polian talk is smokescreen.

He didn't want to be known as the team that went 16-0 and then was "one and done".

Let's face it, they had several improbable wins. It's not like they have been dominating or anything close to dominant.

I would point out that Jonathan Kraft did say in an interview he felt the team was getting tense before SB XLI with history on the line. Not an excuse but facing extra pressure is not an illegitimate perspective.

All the Polian talk is smokescreen.

He didn't want to be known as the team that went 16-0 and then was "one and done".

Let's face it, they had several improbable wins. It's not like they have been dominating or anything close to dominant.

I would point out that Jonathan Kraft did say in an interview he felt the team was getting tense before SB XLI with history on the line. Not an excuse but facing extra pressure is not an illegitimate perspective.

Eh. The real problem with SB 42 was that the coaching staff had to spend the majority of Saturday giving depositions to the NFL attorneys.

Um, why was my comment on my moderation deleted but the others in this thread were not?

Re: Polian takes swipe at pats..

love his logic.

"We wanted to have the most consecutive regular season win streak"

"We wanted the most wins of the decade"

"New England didn't win the super and so no one considers them an undefeated team"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, 16-0 in the regular season doesn't count as an undefeated season (which I agree with), but records that don't include post season wins is a historical achievement and does count.

I'm lost???

ESPN and all the other sports networks "should" publically ridicule this man for saying such idiotic things.

So, most wins in a decade IS important, but not an undefeated regular season? What an arse!

Regardless, the Patriots ARE the team of the decade and nothing Polian can say will change that.

Last edited:
Eh. The real problem with SB 42 was that the coaching staff had to spend the majority of Saturday giving depositions to the NFL attorneys.

That is a GREAT point! And sadly was a planned tactic to give the Pats the least chance at achieving an 18-0 record....sadly, it worked.

Um, why was my comment on my moderation deleted but the others in this thread were not?
Strange, my reply to NYCPatsFan's post has also been deleted when all I did was give an opinion on using forum sign-up dates as some form of fan test....utterly bizarre :confused:

Last edited:
Strange, my reply to NYCPatsFan's post has also been deleted when all I did was give an opinion on using forum sign-up dates as some form of fan test....utterly bizarre :confused:

Renegade mod?

Last edited:

I agree.

The league and Rog were hell bent on not having the Pats go undefeated. Anyone who thinks that Ramgate was spontaneous is a moron.

However, Kraft did note it so the concept of perfection being a distraction and added pressure is not illegitimate

The Colts deciding to throw in the towel creates an interesting angle to the playoffs for them.

Forget the "oh no, Peyton might get hurt in the last quarter against the Jets" baloney. (What, he couldn't have gotten hurt in the first half?) The Colts decided they couldn't handle the pressure of going for perfection, so they quit. What they probably DIDN'T expect was getting so much flak for it--now there's even more pressure on them to win the Super Bowl, or else forever be pinned with the label of quitters who ending up losing anyway! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Did the Giants have practice or any preparation that day? If that actually happened, there is something seriously fishy about it.

The Colts deciding to throw in the towel creates an interesting angle to the playoffs for them.

Forget the "oh no, Peyton might get hurt in the last quarter against the Jets" baloney. (What, he couldn't have gotten hurt in the first half?) The Colts decided they couldn't handle the pressure of going for perfection, so they quit. What they probably DIDN'T expect was getting so much flak for it--now there's even more pressure on them to win the Super Bowl, or else forever be pinned with the label of quitters who ending up losing anyway! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

I dont know what to make of the Colts and their decision to rest the starters.

2008- They win their last 9 games- knocked out 1st round
2007- The lose their last game, win 6 of their last 7- knocked out 1st game
2006- Lost 3 of their last 5- win 4 games to capture the SB.
2005- Start of 13-0, lose two of their last 3- knocked out 1st game.
2004- Lose their last game but win 8 of last 9- win first playoff game, get crushed by Pats in div.
2003- Lose 2 of their last 5- Lose to Pats in AFCCC.

IMO the Colts have gone the rest route in the last game and been knocked out. They've gone the pedal to the metal route and been knocked out. In the two times that they have gone to the AFCCG, they have lost at least 2 of their last 5. Maybe Polian is gonna tank the last one as history shows that to be the best route.:confused:

Last edited:
What will happen if Colts don't win a SB? Polian is going to be regret for not having a 16-0 record. Fans and media are going to laugh at his stupid decision.

Has anyone else noticed how much Curtis Painter resembles a young Polian? It's sort of creepy. :eek::scared:

Has anyone else noticed how much Curtis Painter resembles a young Polian? It's sort of creepy. :eek::scared:

I can see it. That is weird!

The modern day american team sports are the descendent of the backroom dealing baseball clubs in the late 1890's. Game fixing, powerful man deciding outcomes before the games are played, what else is new?

Evidence? look at the officiating, how much undue influences has Polian the scumbag been able to put?

I agree.

The league and Rog were hell bent on not having the Pats go undefeated. Anyone who thinks that Ramgate was spontaneous is a moron.

However, Kraft did note it so the concept of perfection being a distraction and added pressure is not illegitimate

Polian's comments are 100% damage control. Polian so badly miscalculated the fallout from his mystifying decision to throw in the towel that he is now resorting to attacking other people and teams' accomplishments. However the proof comes from the Colts' own fans

Many of them stated that they admire the Patriots for having the balls to chase after perfect season in 2007.

The decision to quit on his team and his fans will have a major devestating impact on his organization. He can not win.

1. If the Colts win the SB, his decision to throw in the towel will haunt him forever
2. If they do not win the SB, his throw in the towel decision will be viewed as root cause.

Last edited:
Colts at Bills:

High: 19 °F RealFeel®: 0 °F
Cloudy and windy with snow at times

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents