PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Polian takes swipe at Pats...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Polian takes swipe at pats..

Why does consecutive regular season games matter? What's the significance of that? Really.

George Halas! ;)

What do you expect from a guy whose first team lost the SB four times in a row (thrice with him as manager), and his third team has only 1 SB to show for their 8 playoff appearances despite having a QB of Manning's caliber and all the influence on the league? One word: Insecurity. Brings out the best in him apparantly, calling fans "lair" on air, making incoherent statements, contradictions, getting upset, leaving the show early, and trying to divert attention off himself by taking a swipe at the common enemy, Pats. And personally, I'm loving it. Makes me realize just how envious he is of the Pats' success. Hey Polian, guess what? We had the balls to go out and get the ONLY 16-0 ever. No matter what you do now, you'll still be a pu**y. Eat that.

Colts at Bills:

High: 19 °F RealFeel®: 0 °F
Cloudy and windy with snow at times

Ask yourself, would you rather be playing or siting immobile on the sidelines in that cold?

As to Polian, his sewing the seeds of hate and envy towards the Patriots could create an environment of hatred where an impressionable young Houston defensive player could be driven to say put firecrackers in his jockstrap in an attempt to crash Brady's high flying offense.

IMO, 16-0 is a very special season. No one else has ever done it.

Going 18-0 is even more special.

Going 18-1 and losing the SB was disappointing but does not negate the other 2 records or diminish them in any way.

As for Polian, he is very good at putting teams together. After that he should (Please be quiet - edited).

Here's is a new banner that they can flay at the Lube thanks to him.

white_flag_surrender.jpg

Last edited:
Please remember the rules on personal attacks. If someone has a different opinion you can disagree or ignore it.

A lot of these comments are kind of ironic, given that after SB42 a lot of posters were second guessing our decision to get into an all out slugfest with the Giants in that last "meaningless" RS game, who were saying that the 16-0 record didn't mean jack b/c we didn't finish the job, and then later calling the stadium banner a cruel joke.

Now everyone (including me) is saying what an epic, brass balls achievement the 2007 regular season was. Interesting how 16-0 now becomes a crowning moment of the franchise when we get to use it to pile on the Colts and Poilan. :eat1:

Colts at Bills:

I hope Mannings fingers freeze on the sideline and he cracks a bone trying to catch an errant Painter pass!:D

and then later calling the stadium banner a cruel joke.

It is. All of my friends who are Pats fans hate that banner. My Bills fan friend is the only one who likes it because he thinks it's ultra-lame.

Thank you. some of the people saying Indy could be the team of the decade are ebcause of their regular season wins, and maybe the one time regular season wins would matter for them they say screw it. Absolutely mind boggling. They loved the consecutive games record, which as someone else pointed out, their record is pretty flawed when you throw the playoff loss in the middle of it. But regular season brilliance just sums up the Colts, clearly the team of the decade September-December ;)

Just like people used to argue that the AFC was better than the NFC even though the latter had that long streak of winning Super Bowls, because the AFC won more of the regular season interconference games between the two during the same period.

Not exactly the same thing as comparing Pats vs. Colts in this decade, but I think it fits.

I'm often puzzled as to why people get so caught up in things like most consecutive wins and and most wins of the decade?

It doesn't mean a whole lot to me either, but I didn't want to see the Colts break the Pats' consecutive regular season game streak because, IMHO, the Colts didn't face near the competition in their streak that the Pats did. Also the refs made a lot of calls against the Pats during their streak, while the Colts got a lot of bogus calls their way in their run.

the Colts didn't face near the competition in their streak that the Pats did.

The Pats faced teams like the Cards, Bills, Fins, Seahawks, Browns, Texans and Jax during that stretch. Not exactly the creme de la creme of the league back then...

Last edited:
The Pats faced teams like the Cards, Bills, Fins, Seahawks, Browns, Texans and Jax during that stretch. Not exactly the creme de la creme of the league back then...

yes but you must also remember, and perhaps, you forgot, that we faced the #2, #3, #4, and #7 seeds (the browns you mentioned who only missed the #6 seed cause the Colts gave the titans a gimmie in the last game ;)) in the AFC, and the #1, #5, and #6 seeds in the NFC, we played 6 out of a possible 8 playoff teams for a given season, played against an undefeated teams in their house (DAL - #1 seed NFC) in what was a game (at that time) between two undefeated teams at the latest point in a season and only went on to put up one point shy of the most points EVER in Texas stadium, we there after broke that undefeated match-up record when we played the colts #2 seed, in thier house, we saddled with a franchise record in penalties and still won.

We not only had the top seeds in each conference, we got everyone's A+ game, and they all spent their wad playing us, as evident by the fact that our opponents were so drained after our games they went a collective 1-15 after playing us, we on the other hand had to go out the next week and get everyone's A game,

THAT is what the 2007 Pats did . . . (not to mention all of the records)

all it takes is one game loss to break a streak, we had the top seeds in both conferences, 1, 5, 6 & 2, 3, 4, 7 with everyone bringing the A game . . . how do you think most teams would fair if they had that kind of schedule, it simply doesn't get any tougher than that . ..

It doesn't matter. The Patriots annihilated those teams.

The Patriots played all but one playoff teams that year. That says a lot.

He's a gutless douche, doesn't even bother me. What it will do is feel all the better when he loses in the first round as always.

BTW I wonder if anyone told this guy that the playoffs DO matter, in fact they're all that matter. So we do have more wins that you Bill, thank you.

"Gutless douche?" Has there ever been a courageous douche?

That aside. Polian is right. It would not be very historical to go 16-0 because the Pats have been there, done that.

Denying his team of a shot at 19-0 for 20 minutes of a game at home against the Jets and a sure win in Buffalo was downright wrong, though. The fans in Indiana are stunned, upset and confused. Their mojo is messed up and they don't know whether to even watch on Sunday - a day when a good football party was in order to celebrate a perfect regular season. A huge mistake.

Probably not the right place for this.. but still WTF?

collegehumor.1570148cb6b4d5b67d2826867f5e5375.jpg

Colts at Bills:

It would be hilarious to see the Bills win 50-0 and send Indy into the bye with "momentum." Maybe T.O. will have a career game.

It would be hilarious to see the Bills win 50-0 and send Indy into the bye with "momentum." Maybe T.O. will have a career game.

Based on what they did vs the Jests, the starters will play into the 3rd quarter and come out. That'll give the Bills the opportunity to win or blow them out.

Losing breeds losing..

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey