PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pittsburgh Trolls, come here to get your Crow pie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good points. I agree, and thanks for keeping your perspective amidst posts from fans on both sides still "energized" from the game.

Obviously, Gatekeeper passed out before the second half started, so he thought the game was close.

Steel74, we welcome you to this board anytime to talk football. Lots of crazy posts tonight, so don't take anything personally. Here's to more football discussions with you in the future.

What, you mean like referring to my quarterback as "Worthlessberger"?

OH YEAH? WELL YOUR QUARTERBACK IS NAMED, UH, TOM GAY-DY

Oh ****, I amuse myself. Yeah, man, I gotta get me some of that stuff gatekeeper was smoking. Would make an ugly ****** game like this a WHOLE lot more enjoyable.

What, you mean like referring to my quarterback as "Worthlessberger"?

OH YEAH? WELL YOUR QUARTERBACK IS NAMED, UH, TOM GAY-DY

Oh ****, I amuse myself. Yeah, man, I gotta get me some of that stuff gatekeeper was smoking. Would make an ugly ****** game like this a WHOLE lot more enjoyable.
Now! Now! Now!

Don't be a sore loser like the worthless GateKeeper!

Now! Now! Now!

Don't be a sore loser like the worthless GateKeeper!

Gatekeeper's not worthless. Anyone who is so zen he can rationalize an ass-kicking of this proportion obviously has the secrets to life.

I must meet this keeper of the gate and learn his mysterious ways.

I will not eat any crow. By and large, the Steelers outplayed the Pats in this game. There were just a few lucky breaks that allowed you guys to eek out a victory. Brady was missing passes, the Pats D looked old and slow, and they failed to capitalize on a Pittsburgh special teams misque. Any true football fan will conquer that the game was much closer than the final score.

Beyond that, the Steelers withheld a great deal of their plan of attack for the rematch in January, which, I am predicting now, the Steelers will win soundly.

34-13 is now 'eeking out' a victory? That's 3 touchdowns, dumb****.

Are you the same Gatekeeper for the D.T.Watson center for the insane off of Ohio River Boulivard? Just askin. I know there always looking for new people,after reading your posts you do qualify. ;)

I gotta say, as satisfying as the win was for me.............. This thread is better than a happy ending. :cool:

Gatekeeper (obviously still way to drunk to be thinking rationally) is pure patsfans gold right now. Enjoy it boys and girls, these kinds of delusional post game moments are rare indeed.

As goofy as GK is, I have to say Steel74 is on the other side of the spectrum. I hope you are more of a reflection of your fan base. GoldenArcher too. You put into words what I'm sure many non-Patriots fans probably feel.

I gotta say, as satisfying as the win was for me.............. This thread is better than a happy ending. :cool:

Gatekeeper (obviously still way to drunk to be thinking rationally) is pure patsfans gold right now. Enjoy it boys and girls, these kinds of delusional post game moments are rare indeed.

As goofy as GK is, I have to say Steel74 is on the other side of the spectrum. I hope you are more of a reflection of your fan base.

I hope so too. I'm so ******* money.

You put into words what I'm sure many non-Patriots fans probably feel.

I'm afraid not. Nearly all of the non-Patriots fans I've met detest the Patriots organization like a sickness. Although I have opinions on the spy-tape affair and on Bill Belichick generally -- which in the interest of civility, and in consideration of how touchy I am about the questioning of Super Bowl XL's refereeing, I choose not to advertise on this forum -- as a football fan I have enormous respect for the Patriots players and their truly stratospheric level of play.

Plus, my brother-in-law is from Boston and he got me hooked on those goddamn Red Sox when David Ortiz hit a two-run walk-off home run to right field in extra innings in game 3 of the 2004 ALCS. Boston's a cool town.

And I appreciate the plaudits, but to be fair, over at Stillers.com, amid self-loathing posts like "Death to Arians" and "WE NEED GREG LLOYD" there have been some Pats fans gloating and generally acting as counterpart to the gatekeeper.

Last edited:
I'm afraid not. Nearly all of the non-Patriots fans I've met detest the Patriots organization like a sickness. Although I have opinions on the spy-tape affair and on Bill Belichick generally -- which in the interest of civility, and in consideration of how touchy I am about the questioning of Super Bowl XL's refereeing, I choose not to advertise on this forum -- as a football fan I have enormous respect for the Patriots players and their truly stratospheric level of play.

Plus, my brother-in-law is from Boston and he got me hooked on those goddamn Red Sox when David Ortiz hit a two-run walk-off home run to right field in extra innings in game 3 of the 2004 ALCS. Boston's a cool town.

And I appreciate the plaudits, but to be fair, over at Stillers.com, amid self-loathing posts like "Death to Arians" and "WE NEED GREG LLOYD" there have been some Pats fans gloating and generally acting as counterpart to the gatekeeper.

Re: How much everyone else hates us- honestly, at this point, we just don't give a ****. It's pure envy, and anyone with half a brain realizes that they didn't cheat anyways.

As for there being some dumb pats fans on your forums, I don't doubt it. That's what happens on teh internetz, I'm afraid.

and anyone with half a brain realizes that they didn't cheat anyways.

Well, we can agree to disagree. Like I said, I get defensive about Super Bowl XL, so I can understand why a Pats fan would be defensive about the Belichick videotaping thing.

Well, I certainly can't speak accross the board, but I live smack in the middle of Bills country and am continually in discussions about football. I can tell you the 97% DETEST the patriots, but less then 15-20% look at the spygate thing as any big deal. Most see it for exactly what it is.

Now, with those fans that I'm closer with and we get ito it with a little more depth. They admit to detesting us, but much of it comes with the grudging respect of what we do and how we do things. Much the same way that I have detest every other dynasy before this one. :cool:

Well, we can agree to disagree. Like I said, I get defensive about Super Bowl XL, so I can understand why a Pats fan would be defensive about the Belichick videotaping thing.

You're a pretty reasonable fan................. take a step back, get over the fact that it was the Patriots, and take a look MUCH deeper then what the media has feed you and you will understand exactly what this was.

Had this been the Saints, Arizona or someone like that, it would have been a 2-day story MAX.

Find a definition of cheating that encompasses what the Pats did and I will find you examples of others who got slaps on the wrist, at worst, for equally bad actions.

You're a pretty reasonable fan................. take a step back, get over the fact that it was the Patriots, and take a look MUCH deeper then what the media has feed you and you will understand exactly what this was.

Had this been the Saints, Arizona or someone like that, it would have been a 2-day story MAX.

Well, okay, you've drawn me in. First of all, I don't jump to the conclusion that the Patriots players, or even Bob Kraft, were aware of or participated in the illegal videotaping that Belicheck was sanctioned for.

I'm sorry, however, but I do consider that cheating, and I believe Belicheck should have received a much stiffer penalty. However, I don't jump to the conclusion that New England's titles are necessarily "tainted" or that there must be asterisks put next to them.

There's no doubt in my mind, unless the NFL has been beaming digitally recreated football games to me over the past six years, the Patriots have been at the pinnacle of the league in terms of talent, execution and coaching.

I don't have any resentment, as many NFL fans do, about the Patriot's winning their first title in 2001 on the strength of the "tuck rule" because, although I think it's a stupid rule, it was and is a rule and so there's no favor the NFL granted the Patriots by enforcing it.

The whole "Spygate" episode is, however, incredibly disturbing to me, but I'm pretty much a Nazi about this kind of thing.

I think Indy's amplification of crowd noise in their dome is cheating, and the league should sanction them severely, and, to gore my own ox, I think the Steelers cheated during the 74 AFC Championship game versus Oakland, when only most of the field at Three Rivers was covered, leaving the lanes along the sidelines iced over, which had the effect of impeding the Raiders' receivers routes. Pete Rozelle should have delayed the game and sanctioned the Steelers severely.

Actually, I think the league screwed New England by refusing to conduct an investigation into Spygate and by destroying the evidence presented to them by Belichick perhaps BECAUSE they didn't want it revealed how common the practice of illegally mic-ing players or videotaping signals was around the league.

It is quite possible that league officials' desire to cover their own asses left the impression league-wide that they were carrying New England's water, when in reality they could very well have been trying to cover up a wide-spread scandal, maybe involving teams that New England played prominently, that they knew about but ignored. We'll never know.

Well, okay, you've drawn me in. First of all, I don't jump to the conclusion that the Patriots players, or even Bob Kraft, were aware of or participated in the illegal videotaping that Belicheck was sanctioned for.

I'm sorry, however, but I do consider that cheating, and I believe Belicheck should have received a much stiffer penalty. However, I don't jump to the conclusion that New England's titles are necessarily "tainted" or that there must be asterisks put next to them.

There's no doubt in my mind, unless the NFL has been beaming digitally recreated football games to me over the past six years, the Patriots have been at the pinnacle of the league in terms of talent, execution and coaching.

I don't have any resentment, as many NFL fans do, about the Patriot's winning their first title in 2001 on the strength of the "tuck rule" because, although I think it's a stupid rule, it was and is a rule and so there's no favor the NFL granted the Patriots by enforcing it.

The whole "Spygate" episode is, however, incredibly disturbing to me, but I'm pretty much a Nazi about this kind of thing.

I think Indy's amplification of crowd noise in their dome is cheating, and the league should sanction them severely, and, to gore my own ox, I think the Steelers cheated during the 74 AFC Championship game versus Oakland, when only most of the field at Three Rivers was covered, leaving the lanes along the sidelines iced over, which had the effect of impeding the Raiders' receivers routes. Pete Rozelle should have delayed the game and sanctioned the Steelers severely.

Actually, I think the league screwed New England by refusing to conduct an investigation into Spygate and by destroying the evidence presented to them by Belichick perhaps BECAUSE they didn't want it revealed how common the practice of illegally mic-ing players or videotaping signals was around the league.

It is quite possible that league officials' desire to cover their own asses left the impression league-wide that they were carrying New England's water, when in reality they could very well have been trying to cover up a wide-spread scandal, maybe involving teams that New England played prominently, that they knew about but ignored. We'll never know.

I'm glad people think of the Patriots as cheaters. It makes it that much more fun to give opposing fans ****. Letting people know I don't care what they think and that my favorite team is the best and their's sucks is very, very enjoyable.

I'm glad people think of the Patriots as cheaters. It makes it that much more fun to give opposing fans ****. Letting people know I don't care what they think and that my favorite team is the best and their's sucks is very, very enjoyable.

I hear a lot of that kind of bravado from Pats fans publicly, but privately the ones who aren't psychos are disturbed by it too and are determined to argue that their team deserves respect as a dynasty. They simply have to band together against all the haters throughout the league who despise their head coach and take shots at them and their team.

I don't think the Patriots are cheaters. I think their head coach got caught doing something illicit which I consider cheating, and the league covered it up, probably more for its own reasons than for New England. Furthermore, I think it's highly possible that an actual investigation might have revealed that New England wasn't the only team engaging in this type of behavior, which could have had the effect of mitigating the hit on the Patriots' reputation throughout the league.

Generally well spoken, but I must say, Here we go with that camera thing again.

1.)Every team tries to steal defensive signals. Period. They've been doing that since signals were first used.

2.) Most teams try to videotape that stuff. They do it from the press box up where the OC sometimes sits during games.

3.) The Patriots and BB were sanctioned for camera placement. Period.

So you are in essence correct in assuming that this is a league wide "scandal". I also believe you are correct in assuming the league tried to quiet this down for the reasons you stated. As far as mic-ing players or things like that goes, the Patriots were victims of stolen audibles and line calls in the Miami game last year. The players on the Doofins came out and admitted such after the game. But because they purchased the signals from a third party, the league found it totally legal. The networks mike players all the time. They also use sideline ground level mikes to pick up things like grunts and popping pads. These mikes are always live feeding to the network for recording and editing for highlight tapes, NFL films specials, etc. Someone intercepted them and sold them to Miami.

So this is as common as a third and long pass play in this league. Way too much was made of it in the media, because they seriously dislike Belichick for his lack of cooperation with them.

Just had to say it one last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results