PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pittsburgh Trolls, come here to get your Crow pie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say, gatekeeper makes this win so much more enjoyable. I think we need to ban reasonable posters like Steel74 and keep more nutjobs around. Steel, here's hoping you represent the Steeler fan base. With a few other exceptions, most of the Steeler fans who've come here are just out of their minds.

In terms of passion and football knowledge (and a touch of insanity), the Steelers fan base, or Steeler Nation, is second to none. Football comes from the Ohio River Valley, and it is probably the central part of our heritage. Pittsburghers have been scattered all over America (I live in Louisville, for example), and the Steelers are really the only single thing that ties us to our homeland.

So you have to understand that when you're dealing with rambunctious and obnoxious and almost certainly inebriated Steelers fans flaming and trolling your fan site, it's because to defend the Steelers is to defend the home.

I know for a fact that most Pittsburghers are gracious, friendly people who get a bit demented when it comes to the Steelers. But every Pittsburgh fan knows what they saw tonight, and that it was profoundly demoralizing for two reasons: one, it was obvious that Pittsburgh and New England are in different leagues at this point in time, and two, the two factors that could enable Pittsburgh to elevate it's game to New England's level and seriously contest for a championship -- the Steelers' secondary and its offensive line -- are structural problems that usually take a long time to fix.

Wow... you want to call this win tainted because Troy Polamalu didn't play. Give me a F*ing break. You are an igrnorant steeler troll who obviously can't see who the better team is.

Why don't you go back to 2004 when we went to Pittsburgh and lost 34-20. Tell me idiot, who didn't play for the patriots that day... Ya thats right, the NFL's leading rusher.. Corey Dillon.... The patriots had only 2 yards rushing all game.... Did we come here and say the win was tainted... No

We took it for what it was, and went to pittsburgh in January and kicked your asses...

I hope we play you guys again in January because the outcome will only be worse..

Get off this board, and go cry about your Loss

You can't be serious. The Steelers destroyed the Ravens by over 30 points on Monday night this year. Big Ben threw 5 - count 'em - FIVE TD's in the first half alone in that game![/b]

LOL but he didn't throw those 5 TDs against the Patriots. We could care less what Big Ben does against lesser teams.

And he could've thrown more if the Steelers hadn't started running out the clock in the second half. Brady couldn't even throw five TD's against the Steelers in the whole game tonight.

Plus, the whole victory is tainted because Troy Polamalu missed this contest with a battered knee.

Yawn, so your complaint is that we beat up your team by 21 instead of 28 points? LOL. I'm sure if we had, you'd just be whining about the Pats "running up the score" instead.

The Steelers got OWNED tonight. Once the second half started, it wasn't even close. Try to recall that football is a 60 minute game. BTW how's that "guarantee" working out for you? Hehehe. :D :singing: :rocker:

Last edited:
Here is a man whose TV broke halfway through the first quarter. Steelers looked good right up until they couldn't finish off their first drive. When they were forced to settle for a FG, I knew they were dead.

The second half especially was an old-fashioned butt-whupping, with the Steelers assuming the position.

I doubt the Steelers will make it past hte Colts, but if they do, I only hope they play like they did today, continuing to blitz like robotic morons in the face of swing and screen passes.

You guys should have given Cowher the money he wanted. Tomlin can't coach.

Actually, I'd be surprised if Tomlin doesn't turn out to be a very good coach in the NFL. First of all, he's extremely young, and he's inherited Cowher's team and his coaches, one of whom, **** Le Beau, is a legend as a coach and a player.

The fact is that Bruce Arians, the offensive coordinator, is not an NFL-level coach. He simply doesn't understand the pro offense, and his desire to be Ben's buddy rather than his coach underscores his unfitness and panders to a young QB's impulsiveness and lack of wisdom. I can pin every one of the Steelers' losses, partially including the one today against New England, on Arians, even with the Steelers' jobber secondary.

If you're in Tomlin's position, what can you do? You can't fire your offensive coordinator mid-year at 9-3, now 9-4, especially with the playoffs coming up. Trust me, as clumsy as the Steelers offense looked today in Foxboro, it is a marked improvement over where they were a month ago, when Ben was getting sacked 7 times a game and the Steelers were losing to teams like the Jets. I have no doubt it was Tomlin who pulled Arians into his office for the Come to Jesus meeting.

Remember, when Belichick took over the Patriots in 2000, Parcells had been gone long enough that there wasn't an overwhelmingly established team to make into his own image. The 1997 Patriots I saw lose to Pittsburgh in the playoffs compared to the current Patriots were like a firecracker compared to a car bomb.

BTW, I said the same thing when the Steelers settled for that FG in the 1st quarter. You are really smart.

In terms of passion and football knowledge (and a touch of insanity), the Steelers fan base, or Steeler Nation, is second to none. Football comes from the Ohio River Valley, and it is probably the central part of our heritage. Pittsburghers have been scattered all over America (I live in Louisville, for example), and the Steelers are really the only single thing that ties us to our homeland.

So you have to understand that when you're dealing with rambunctious and obnoxious and almost certainly inebriated Steelers fans flaming and trolling your fan site, it's because to defend the Steelers is to defend the home.

I know for a fact that most Pittsburghers are gracious, friendly people who get a bit demented when it comes to the Steelers. But every Pittsburgh fan knows what they saw tonight, and that it was profoundly demoralizing for two reasons: one, it was obvious that Pittsburgh and New England are in different leagues at this point in time, and two, the two factors that could enable Pittsburgh to elevate it's game to New England's level and seriously contest for a championship -- the Steelers' secondary and its offensive line -- are structural problems that usually take a long time to fix.
Steel, all kidding aside I know this to be true. I have family from PA and they are HUGE Steelers fans, which is understandable.

Personally I don't think you're all that far from challenging the Pats. You have a very good QB (a notch below TB, but he's in his own league right now), a good RB and a tough D.

I can't speak to the O-Line, but it would help if the veterans kept 2nd year backups who wouldn't be on the field but for injuries from shooting their mouths off. Just looking at TB's reaction, clearly the Pats used this as motivation. I have always wished the Steelers all the best (except when playing the Pats) :D and I still do. Good luck to you and I hope you guys can beat the Colts and come back to Gillette in January.

It's kind of ironic that we only won because of "cheap trick plays" when that was the signature of the Steelers during their 2005 superbowl season. How come when the Pats do that play its a "cheap trick play," but when the Steelers do it, its a "gadget play." You're a moron to say the least.
Like that gadget play when Kimo von Oelhoffen took out Carson Palmer.

But all I see is the Pats fans trying to heap hot coals upon the heads of the Steelers and their fans, not even acknowledging that the Steelers organization is one of the most respected in all of professional sports including FOUR Super Bowls in just SIX years between '74 and '79. The Patriots current borderline dynasty doesn't even have a chance to match that since they have only won three in six, and even if they win one this year (which I doubt), it will only make four in seven years.
Who cares what happened in the 1970's? Stop living in the past, MORON!

"Don't you know how many titles we won before global warming??????? You're all IDIOTS!!!!"

heh heh

Like that gadget play when Kimo von Oelhoffen took out Carson Palmer.

Everyone in the Bengals organization knew that Kimo didn't intentionally take out Palmer's knee. He played in Cincinnati for six or seven years and was known by everyone in the league to be a totally stand-up guy without a cheap bone in his body.

Now if Joey Porter had hit him ...

I'm very glad I started this thread. Gatekeeper's insane rantings have been the #2 highlight of my week. (#1 being beating the Stealers of course)

You can't be serious. The Steelers destroyed the Ravens by over 30 points on Monday night this year. Big Ben threw 5 - count 'em - FIVE TD's in the first half alone in that game! And he could've thrown more if the Steelers hadn't started running out the clock in the second half. Brady couldn't even throw five TD's against the Steelers in the whole game tonight.

Plus, the whole victory is tainted because Troy Polamalu missed this contest with a battered knee.
You forget to mention that both starting cornerbacks for the Ravens did not play in that game.

As for Polamalu, he bites on play action as bad as the other safeties for Pittsburgh!

Who cares what happened in the 1970's? Stop living in the past, MORON!

I love the 70s. Bad decade for fashion, wallpaper and home appliances, great decade for football ...

I will not eat any crow. By and large, the Steelers outplayed the Pats in this game. There were just a few lucky breaks that allowed you guys to eek out a victory. Brady was missing passes, the Pats D looked old and slow, and they failed to capitalize on a Pittsburgh special teams misque. Any true football fan will conquer that the game was much closer than the final score.

Beyond that, the Steelers withheld a great deal of their plan of attack for the rematch in January, which, I am predicting now, the Steelers will win soundly.
You're a fricken' idiot!

Last edited:
Everyone in the Bengals organization knew that Kimo didn't intentionally take out Palmer's knee. He played in Cincinnati for six or seven years and was known by everyone in the league to be a totally stand-up guy without a cheap bone in his body.

Now if Joey Porter had hit him ...
No, he intentionally took out his anterior cruciate and medial collateral ligaments. :D

Steel, all kidding aside I know this to be true. I have family from PA and they are HUGE Steelers fans, which is understandable.

Personally I don't think you're all that far from challenging the Pats. You have a very good QB (a notch below TB, but he's in his own league right now), a good RB and a tough D.

I can't speak to the O-Line, but it would help if the veterans kept 2nd year backups who wouldn't be on the field but for injuries from shooting their mouths off. Just looking at TB's reaction, clearly the Pats used this as motivation. I have always wished the Steelers all the best (except when playing the Pats) :D and I still do. Good luck to you and I hope you guys can beat the Colts and come back to Gillette in January.

That O-line was really, really beneficial to the Patriots game plan today. For the most part they didn't rush more than four defenders (and even then an "end" was usually setting the edge to contain Roethlisberger). Despite all that, there was generally pretty good pressure all night (thank you, Mike Vrabel).

FWIW, I was not all that impressed with Roethlisberger. Definitely more impressed with his ability to shake a tackle than his ability to run an offense (and with the way Belichick game planned, he probably is as well). My guess would also be that Tomlin and Arians have little faith in Berger, as well, with the way they decided to simply run the ball with six and a half minutes left in the game.

This is all with just one viewing of the game, in real time, and in the heat of the moment, so it's more likely that I'm completely wrong than that I know what I'm talking about.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes