PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pittsburgh Trolls, come here to get your Crow pie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That O-line was really, really beneficial to the Patriots game plan today. For the most part they didn't rush more than four defenders (and even then an "end" was usually setting the edge to contain Roethlisberger). Despite all that, there was generally pretty good pressure all night (thank you, Mike Vrabel).

FWIW, I was not all that impressed with Roethlisberger. Definitely more impressed with his ability to shake a tackle than his ability to run an offense (and with the way Belichick game planned, he probably is as well). My guess would also be that Tomlin and Arians have little faith in Berger, as well, with the way they decided to simply run the ball with six and a half minutes left in the game.

This is all with just one viewing of the game, in real time, and in the heat of the moment, so it's more likely that I'm completely wrong than that I know what I'm talking about.

I thought Ben played well actually, especially with one side of his line collapsing and with an offensive game plan that was an improvement over what we've seen but still inadequate to beat the best team in the league. There were a few times I thought he made questionable decisions, however, but this game was over by the 4th quarter.

I wasn't predicting a Steelers victory, but I thought the game would be closer than it was. That was a resounding statement game by the Pats, multiple exclamation points included.

The 1st half gave me some hope, both teams played fairly evenly. But the Pats 2nd half playcalling, Brady dropping back to pass on every down until the last series, was a massive FU to the Steelers secondary.

Given the outcome I'm actually glad Anthony Smith and company got tooled so badly, maybe he and the other talkative players on our team will stop thinking they are better than they really are and put more into film study and increasing their football IQ. That was never the case under Cowher, but seeing Tomlin's post-game presser I am hopeful he will take his team and staff to task to learn from this beatdown.

I hope the Steelers get another crack at the Pats in the playoffs. In 2005 they got smacked by the undefeated Colts late in the season and then turned the tables when it mattered most... I want to see how they perform in a similar situation against a team far more formidable.

Until then, good luck.

I will not eat any crow. By and large, the Steelers outplayed the Pats in this game. There were just a few lucky breaks that allowed you guys to eek out a victory. Brady was missing passes, the Pats D looked old and slow, and they failed to capitalize on a Pittsburgh special teams misque. Any true football fan will conquer that the game was much closer than the final score.

Beyond that, the Steelers withheld a great deal of their plan of attack for the rematch in January, which, I am predicting now, the Steelers will win soundly.

Pass that this way:singing:

I will not eat any crow. By and large, the Steelers outplayed the Pats in this game. There were just a few lucky breaks that allowed you guys to eek out a victory. Brady was missing passes, the Pats D looked old and slow, and they failed to capitalize on a Pittsburgh special teams misque. Any true football fan will conquer that the game was much closer than the final score.

Beyond that, the Steelers withheld a great deal of their plan of attack for the rematch in January, which, I am predicting now, the Steelers will win soundly.

Just like your team, man. You are always overconfident when you shouldn't be.

The Patriots have owned the Squeelers since the days of cross dressing Kordel Stuart. Why would this season be any different? You had your fluke victory a few years ago on Halloween.

"Teams like Baltimore and Pittsburgh like to talk before and during the game. We like to do our talking on the field with our play". Randy Moss

Last edited:
I feel for Steel74, he's a fan just like any of us and he is not a homer, he sees things for what they are and you have to respect that.

Gatekeeper on the other hand, is chopping but no chips are flying. How you can watch that game and come up with the crap you have been spewing here is beyond my comprehension, you are in need of some sort of counseling.................

My tribute to you steelers fans!

Last edited:
I thought Ben played well actually, especially with one side of his line collapsing and with an offensive game plan that was an improvement over what we've seen but still inadequate to beat the best team in the league. There were a few times I thought he made questionable decisions, however, but this game was over by the 4th quarter.
Good points. I agree, and thanks for keeping your perspective amidst posts from fans on both sides still "energized" from the game.

Obviously, Gatekeeper passed out before the second half started, so he thought the game was close.

Steel74, we welcome you to this board anytime to talk football. Lots of crazy posts tonight, so don't take anything personally. Here's to more football discussions with you in the future.

Nonsense!

The first half belonged to Pittsburgh. The Pats were very fortunate to go into the locker room with the slim lead they had. Then, in the second half, it took a cheapy trick play to really gain a real advantage in the game for the Pats. The Steelers wanted to step up and go man to man in a smashmouth way, but nooooo, the Patriots had to resort to trickery, taking advantage of two second string safeties. If Polamalu was in there, the Steelers would have won this football game.

No matter. Revenge will be nice in January. It follows the pattern. You know - : '04 Pats lose to Steelers in reg season and go on to win the playoff game.

'05 Steelers lose to Cots in reg season, go on to win the playoff game.

Same will happen this year. Remember that. I will be more than happy to resurrect this post of prophecy come January.

And as far as "conquer" vs. "concur," it's just a silly mistake. You know, kinda like when Moss droopped that TD pass tonight. HA HA :singing:

Cheapy Trick Play? Hell, that play was the Steelers bread and butter...

that pass to Moss for the TD in the 2nd half was a trick play....heh...he played the Steeler secondary like a bunch of $10 ho's

I've never trolled but this seems as good of a thread as any to post this.

Now that I've drowned my sorrows with a couple of Big 'N Tasties, I would like to mark this down as the day that I realized that hating the Pats is useless.

1. While I'm not ready to let the cheating go, everything else the Pats do in terms of building their team is within a salary cap system that all of the other teams have to adhere to.
  2. The Steelers tried to get the Pats caught up in the media game. All the Pats said in reply was 'see you on the field'.
  3. I think everybody tries to find reasons to call the Pats classless. For years we thought we had the classiest team. Tonight we had Ray Lewis syndrome, and added some post-play cheap shots on top of it.
  4. Greatest team of all time? Maybe. But ask any Dolphins fan in the midst of the season they're having if they give two ***** about holding that distinction now. Plus, the NFL is even more of a what-have-you-done-for-me-lately league than it was back then.
  5. The rest of the NFL product is GARBAGE. Pittsburgh included. You guys complain about your team enough to know that they have flaws that can be exploited. Except, talent is spread so thin in this league that nobody has the personnel to do it.
  6. Ok. I'll turn of the bitterness here. I guess my point is that for the Pats to be doing what they're doing in a salary cap league is incredible, they have handled themselves with class even though everyone else tries to start the trash talking.

But let me hang on the kind of hate that includes major respect. After all the Patriots did end a 16-1 season for us!

Wow. What a ****ing idiotic thing to say. Um...okay. Best of luck with that, mongoloid.

I've never trolled but this seems as good of a thread as any to post this.

Now that I've drowned my sorrows with a couple of Big 'N Tasties, I would like to mark this down as the day that I realized that hating the Pats is useless.

1. While I'm not ready to let the cheating go, everything else the Pats do in terms of building their team is within a salary cap system that all of the other teams have to adhere to.
  2. The Steelers tried to get the Pats caught up in the media game. All the Pats said in reply was 'see you on the field'.
  3. I think everybody tries to find reasons to call the Pats classless. For years we thought we had the classiest team. Tonight we had Ray Lewis syndrome, and added some post-play cheap shots on top of it.
  4. Greatest team of all time? Maybe. But ask any Dolphins fan in the midst of the season they're having if they give two ***** about holding that distinction now. Plus, the NFL is even more of a what-have-you-done-for-me-lately league than it was back then.
  5. The rest of the NFL product is GARBAGE. Pittsburgh included. You guys complain about your team enough to know that they have flaws that can be exploited. Except, talent is spread so thin in this league that nobody has the personnel to do it.
  6. Ok. I'll turn of the bitterness here. I guess my point is that for the Pats to be doing what they're doing in a salary cap league is incredible, they have handled themselves with class even though everyone else tries to start the trash talking.

But let me hang on the kind of hate that includes major respect. After all the Patriots did end a 16-1 season for us!

hey...we could be brothers!...(from different mothers of course)...you're right...there are a ton of crappy teams in the league and a lot of real crappy football being played. I think if you shrunk the league by 6 teams or so, it'd be a lot harder to be top dog with an exclusively passing offense like this...but then I think we might be stronger in key areas like the secondary if the talent pool were bigger.

who knows..it is what it is and we're stuck with it...some teams make chicken shyt out of it, others chicken salad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back