PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pittsburgh Trolls, come here to get your Crow pie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^

how many sacks now? 38?

your team averages 3 sacked a game. Maybe you should trade up and take one of the Olinemen.

Last edited:
Generally well spoken, but I must say, Here we go with that camera thing again.

1.)Every team tries to steal defensive signals. Period. They've been doing that since signals were first used.

2.) Most teams try to videotape that stuff. They do it from the press box up where the OC sometimes sits during games.

3.) The Patriots and BB were sanctioned for camera placement. Period.

So you are in essence correct in assuming that this is a league wide "scandal". I also believe you are correct in assuming the league tried to quiet this down for the reasons you stated. As far as mic-ing players or things like that goes, the Patriots were victims of stolen audibles and line calls in the Miami game last year. The players on the Doofins came out and admitted such after the game. But because they purchased the signals from a third party, the league found it totally legal. The networks mike players all the time. They also use sideline ground level mikes to pick up things like grunts and popping pads. These mikes are always live feeding to the network for recording and editing for highlight tapes, NFL films specials, etc. Someone intercepted them and sold them to Miami.

So this is as common as a third and long pass play in this league. Way too much was made of it in the media, because they seriously dislike Belichick for his lack of cooperation with them.

Just had to say it one last time.

I know they were cited for camera placement, but the assistant didn't have the camera placed to capture Belichick's handsome profile.

Look, we're probably never going to agree on this issue. My brother-in-law is a Pats fan and we argue about it all the time. As I said earlier, I don't jump to any conclusions about the Patriots' accomplishments, and I suspect a league investigation would have revealed that this practice is at least fairly wide-spread, if not commonplace.

But I do think it's a very serious infraction, even if other teams are doing it. And if other teams are doing it, the Steelers included, they should have the hammer dropped on them. End of story. The integrity of the game is too valuable to **** around with.

Unfortunately, Roger Goodell left New England holding the bag, and if I were a Patriots fan, I would be up in arms about the appearance, at least, that my team was doing something improper that every other team in the league wasn't doing.

Goodell came straight from the Jet front office to his job as commish

you do the math

I hear a lot of that kind of bravado from Pats fans publicly, but privately the ones who aren't psychos are disturbed by it too and are determined to argue that their team deserves respect as a dynasty. They simply have to band together against all the haters throughout the league who despise their head coach and take shots at them and their team.

I don't think the Patriots are cheaters. I think their head coach got caught doing something illicit which I consider cheating, and the league covered it up, probably more for its own reasons than for New England. Furthermore, I think it's highly possible that an actual investigation might have revealed that New England wasn't the only team engaging in this type of behavior, which could have had the effect of mitigating the hit on the Patriots' reputation throughout the league.

I'm not a psycho... I know the Patriots deserve respect for what they've accomplished, I don't think.

Anyone who fails to give the Patriots due credit is a jealous moron.

Nonsense!

The first half belonged to Pittsburgh. The Pats were very fortunate to go into the locker room with the slim lead they had. Then, in the second half, it took a cheapy trick play to really gain a real advantage in the game for the Pats. The Steelers wanted to step up and go man to man in a smashmouth way, but nooooo, the Patriots had to resort to trickery, taking advantage of two second string safeties. If Polamalu was in there, the Steelers would have won this football game.

No matter. Revenge will be nice in January. It follows the pattern. You know - : '04 Pats lose to Steelers in reg season and go on to win the playoff game.

'05 Steelers lose to Cots in reg season, go on to win the playoff game.

Same will happen this year. Remember that. I will be more than happy to resurrect this post of prophecy come January.

And as far as "conquer" vs. "concur," it's just a silly mistake. You know, kinda like when Moss droopped that TD pass tonight. HA HA :singing:

We've turned the Steelers into puddy everytime we've played them in the playoffs...this time won't be any different.

I really am shocked at some of the Patriots' fans here. I really expected a classy response to tonight's game, such as "Congratulations on a good performance. It was a hard fought game and you guys gave us a tough battle. It's gonna be an exciting rematch in January!"

But all I see is the Pats fans trying to heap hot coals upon the heads of the Steelers and their fans, not even acknowledging that the Steelers organization is one of the most respected in all of professional sports including FOUR Super Bowls in just SIX years between '74 and '79. The Patriots current borderline dynasty doesn't even have a chance to match that since they have only won three in six, and even if they win one this year (which I doubt), it will only make four in seven years.

None of us care about YOUR history pal.

In terms of passion and football knowledge (and a touch of insanity), the Steelers fan base, or Steeler Nation, is second to none. Football comes from the Ohio River Valley, and it is probably the central part of our heritage. Pittsburghers have been scattered all over America (I live in Louisville, for example), and the Steelers are really the only single thing that ties us to our homeland.

So you have to understand that when you're dealing with rambunctious and obnoxious and almost certainly inebriated Steelers fans flaming and trolling your fan site, it's because to defend the Steelers is to defend the home.

I guess I can respect that.

Ellis Hobbs on #27 for the Squeelers (I forgot his name already).

"I've said some things I've regretted," Hobbs said, "but nothing to that degree. Nothing where I've gotten the whole East Coast ready for you, saying, 'Come on over here so we can slap you around.'

Well, Anthony, at least you got one thing right. The Patriots truly are not the Bengals. They don't have eight losses, and they don't have receivers who go into histrionics in the end zone or race thoroughbreds in their spare time.

Last edited:
Nonsense!

The first half belonged to Pittsburgh. The Pats were very fortunate to go into the locker room with the slim lead they had. Then, in the second half, it took a cheapy trick play to really gain a real advantage in the game for the Pats. The Steelers wanted to step up and go man to man in a smashmouth way, but nooooo, the Patriots had to resort to trickery, taking advantage of two second string safeties. If Polamalu was in there, the Steelers would have won this football game.

No matter. Revenge will be nice in January. It follows the pattern. You know - : '04 Pats lose to Steelers in reg season and go on to win the playoff game.

'05 Steelers lose to Cots in reg season, go on to win the playoff game.

Same will happen this year. Remember that. I will be more than happy to resurrect this post of prophecy come January.

And as far as "conquer" vs. "concur," it's just a silly mistake. You know, kinda like when Moss droopped that TD pass tonight. HA HA :singing:

Pattern? I agree, a rematch will follow a pattern. Of the last 7 times these two teams have played, the Patriots have won 6 of them. Now THAT'S a pattern. :)

I will not eat any crow. By and large, the Steelers outplayed the Pats in this game. There were just a few lucky breaks that allowed you guys to eek out a victory. Brady was missing passes, the Pats D looked old and slow, and they failed to capitalize on a Pittsburgh special teams misque. Any true football fan will conquer that the game was much closer than the final score.

Beyond that, the Steelers withheld a great deal of their plan of attack for the rematch in January, which, I am predicting now, the Steelers will win soundly.

That's one of the dumbest posts I have seen in a long while. The Steelers left NOTHING out. They wanted this game as badly as the Pats did, they just couldn't get it done. They were out-coached and out-played. Two long touchdown passes off of sucker plays. That showed lack of disepline. Both times the Saftey took the bait and came up to stop the run that wasn't there. Halftime adjustments by the Pats was brilliant. That so called Old and Slow defense came out and shut us down. Getting your ass handed to you by 21 points is hardly "eeking out" a victory. It's more like being owned, which we were. My hope now is just making the playoffs. It was a great game by the Pats. I hope we are able to play well enough to get another shot at you guys,

Congratulations.................... L8NITE............

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News