PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pittsburgh Healthy and playing Very Good D

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure that is what the Chargers thought last weekend also...

Yes because that is completely the same situation. What the hell does the Chargers losing to the Vikings have to do with anything? We're talking about the 4-4 Chargers right? The team that the Pats kicked the snot out of?

Last edited:
I dont really care if YOUR personally scared of the Steelers. For your sake though I would hope Bill Belichick doesn't feel the same way.

YOU'RE not very smart steely mcbeam.

Yeah.... very good D. :rolleyes:

The Patriots will shred that secondary.

Pitt is the 2nd best team in the NFL. They are a very worthy adversary who are quite capable of beating the Pats.

yeah...in 2021 maybe

Yeah.... very good D. :rolleyes:

The Patriots will shred that secondary.

Watch football much? The D allowed 163 yards total today by the Browns. And the Pit secondary is part of the #1 overall pass defense in the league this year. That was blanket coverage in the second half. They stopped blitzing and allowed NOTHING BEYOND 10 YARDS of the LOS. In fact I'll wager that on Dec 9 the Pats will have their lowest offensive output of the season in terms of passing yards.

I love how the new bandwagon fans on this site love to pretend they know what the **** they are talking about... just because they have a winning team.

I have tons of respect for what the Pats are doing this year, but none for the fly-by-night fans who can't even talk football intelligently.

Pats fan since 61...we'll MURDER Rothlisberger...Pats can win a close low scoring game...they just did last week against the DEFENDING SUPER BOWL champions

you actually think BB is gonna call a 3 man rush late in the game with the STEELERS FACING 3RD AND 17?

we got sumpin for Crashburger, as you will see

Last edited:
Pats fan since 61...we'll MURDER Rothlisberger...Pats can win a close low scoring game...they just did last week against the DEFENDING SUPER BOWL champions

Nice supporting arguments. You should be ashamed to admit you are actually over 46 years old.

pal, at my age shame ceases to be an issue

Watch football much? The D allowed 163 yards total today by the Browns. And the Pit secondary is part of the #1 overall pass defense in the league this year. That was blanket coverage in the second half. They stopped blitzing and allowed NOTHING BEYOND 10 YARDS of the LOS. In fact I'll wager that on Dec 9 the Pats will have their lowest offensive output of the season in terms of passing yards.

I love how the new bandwagon fans on this site love to pretend they know what the **** they are talking about... just because they have a winning team.

I have tons of respect for what the Pats are doing this year, but none for the fly-by-night fans who can't even talk football intelligently.

You do realize that both the Redskins and Colts fans made those same statements, right?

They had to give up on the blitz, which was ineffective during the first half. Brady will surgically take apart that defense if they think they'll be able to simply drop 8 (hell, even seven) in coverage. Anderson was not able to consistently make the check-down throws that were there to be had, and when he did the Browns dropped a lot of balls.

It's not going to be a blow out, but there was nothing in that game that should frighten the Patriots. Especially when you consider the fact that the Steelers STs played like crap and their running game was pretty stagnant during the second half.

I saw nothing impressive about the Steelers today.

Certainly was far from their best game. I was cursing the TV for most of 4 quarters. This team still has to prove it can consistently perform week-to-week in all three phases of the game.

However I will say that I was happy with how they adjusted their D in-game. I don't think Anderson suddenly forgot how to throw the ball in the 2nd half... the secondary gave him nothing except check-downs and valves.

Special teams on the other hand did stink.

yeah..we see your point...the Brows QB is at least as good as TOM BRADY...oh..wait...

You do realize that both the Redskins and Colts fans made those same statements, right?

Exactly. And didn't Dallas have the #1 pass defense?

However I will say that I was happy with how they adjusted their D in-game. I don't think Anderson suddenly forgot how to throw the ball in the 2nd half... the secondary gave him nothing except check-downs and valves.

Which would be fine if Tom Brady didn't kill teams between 0-10 yards, but he does.

What's a valve?

They had to give up on the blitz, which was ineffective during the first half. Brady will surgically take apart that defense if they think they'll be able to simply drop 8 (hell, even seven) in coverage. Anderson was not able to consistently make the check-down throws that were there to be had, and when he did the Browns dropped a lot of balls.

It's not going to be a blow out, but there was nothing in that game that should frighten the Patriots. Especially when you consider the fact that the Steelers STs played like crap and their running game was pretty stagnant during the second half.

We'll see how the gameplans and teams stack up in a month. This wasn't a great game by the Steelers. While they might have taken the Browns for granted after beating them 8 straight, no one on the Steelers is going to underestimate the Pats come Dec. 9. Different opponent, different matchups, different gameplan.

The secondary and pass D is still going to be one of the best units the Pats face this year. Pitt's STs and o-line play certainly need improvement to give the Pats a real tough game.

Edited for posting in the wrong thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back