PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pittsburgh Healthy and playing Very Good D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, right, caught it right in stride, didn't he? Lead him perfect. TOUCHDOWN!!! Oops, nope. Wait for it, here it comes, ahhhh, caught it.:bricks: goes down at the 5.

I love that story, tell it again please.

Yeah, right, caught it right in stride, didn't he? Lead him perfect. TOUCHDOWN!!! Oops, nope. Wait for it, here it comes, ahhhh, caught it.:bricks: goes down at the 5.

I guess you conveniently forgot about the pass interference molestation that occurred while the ball was on it's way down.

If you're just saying that Randy had to jump for the reception fine, but it wasn't just one of those "throw it up there and let Randy go and get it" passes. That was actually a developed route, and Moss was open for the TD, but Brady slightly underthrew him. As the other poster mentioned Tom has overthrown Randy before, and their timing still being slightly off on the deep ball in-game isn't that unusual. I mean, this is their first year together.

Last edited:
I guess you conveniently forgot about the pass interference molestation that occurred while the ball was on it's way down.
The PI is inconsequential, he caught the damn ball. And obviously, "molestation" is a pretty strong word. Had he truely been "molested", he would not have caught the ball.

I know the prevailing sentiment among fans is to look past New England and Indy as the 2 best teams and lump every one else in the category of who's left over...well we DO need to take serious note of Pittsburgh.

They have been healthy all year 0 players to IR.
They have allowed just 98 points in 8 games.

They play a huge game against Cleveland this weekend.
IMO opinion we have to root for the browns to put up some points on these guys...

Huh? Didn't Denver sans Tom Nalen and Jevan Walker light them up?:confused:

Didn't they play against a washed-up QB with NO weapons last week?:confused:

We play pittsburgh after a MNF game and a short week. That is something which adds to the concern that PITT could play with the Pats in DEC.

Also, remember, PITT went into Indy a few years back and smoked them out - I would like to see something like that happen again.

You know what, take a look at who Pittsburg has played, they really haven't played anyone. Until they beat a real contender, then we can have some concern. They hammered a decimated Raven team last weekend who were missing 2 starters in their secondary. The Raven offense is anemic at best. Let's see how they fair against a pretty good Browns team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pittsburgh by themselves doesn't worry me, I mean they could beat us in the regular season but we in pretty good shape to maintain home field advantage. My worry is injuries, we have a streak of games that are mostly against physical teams, in the northeast and at night. The cold temperatures could contribute to injuries down the stretch.

The good news is that once the team gets through this they will have distinct advantage of knowing how to play and win in the elements. Playing in Foxboro in January would be a serious handicap for teams like Indy, San Diego, Tennessee.

Let me play weather man for a second...
Sun 11/18 at Buffalo 8:15 pm <-- will be in the 30s or 40s
Sun 11/25 Philadelphia 8:15 pm <-- will be in the 30s
Mon 12/3 at Baltimore 8:30 pm <-- will be in the 30s or 40s <-- physical
Sun 12/9 Pittsburgh 4:15 pm <-- will be in the 20s or 30s <-- short week
Sun 12/16 NY Jets 1:00 pm <-- will be in the 20s or 30s
Sun 12/23 Miami 1:00 pm <-- will be in the 30s or 40s
Sat 12/29 at NY Giants 8:15 pm <-- will be in the 20s or 30s <-- physical and it will mean something to the Giants

Wow, I just looked over Pitt's schedule. That's ugly. They play the worst division in the AFC (East) and the NFC (West). Their divisional opponents are mediocre (though none as bad as NYJ and MIA in our own division).

The same things that make NE's schedule easy (playing 10 games against AFC East & North) are working for the Steelers, except they also play 4 games against the craptacular NFC West.

Looking at this another way, every team plays 4 first place teams and 4 second place teams from the previous year. These are the first place and second place teams the Steelers play:

First place: Baltimore x2, NE, Seattle
Second place: Cincinnati x2, NYJ, StL

They play one good team (NE) from that list. The second place teams combine for 5 wins (4 of those being Cincinnati x2). That is amazing.

Again, I'm not saying NE's schedule is much harder. They play two good teams (Indy, Dallas) if you look at the same list. I'm just amazed by how weak Pitt's schedule is.

I look at this team and why do the players all look familar?

They are about the same team PATs played last time ( minus Porter and Randel El)
Several of the second string guys then are now starters.

Last time we played PATs had Starks and Beisel for starters.

Belichick and PATs know these players very well and should do well.
Not saying Steelers are a push but if PATs come out with a good
week of preparation and practice and the right attitude they should
win this by at least 2 TDs. IMO.

Last edited:
Not the whole schedule thing again:rolleyes:

Don't you ever just go away and let people discuss football without trolling down a thread? Damn you need a friggin life.

Now onto the thread.

Those are some interesting numbers from CHFF. Thanks for sharing

Don't you ever just go away and let people discuss football without trolling down a thread? Damn you need a friggin life.

Now onto the thread.

Those are some interesting numbers from CHFF. Thanks for sharing

Relax, and think about it. It works both ways BTW. Weren't BOTH fan bases calling out "schedules" last week??

Colts hadn't faced a decent Offensive. Well, that meant squat.

Pats hadn't played a good defense. That DID mean squat for 52 minutes, but then they stepped up (thanks defense) and won the game. Speaking incessantly about how the Steelers haven't played anyone is absolutely silly. These are veteran players. Ward, Ben, Parker, Palmolive, etc.., these guys have played great teams in big games. The schedule they have played will mean nothing when you guys play in December. It won't come back to haunt them, it won't leave them ill-prepared. That's MY take.

I think the Steelers are for real. There QB is playing at a pro bowl level and right now I would rank him 2nd behind Brady in the AFC. Their Wr's are all up and coming with Holmes and Washington. Solid tight end. Offensive line is strong while their defense as always seems to recover from free agent defections without skipping a beat. I think Parker needs a compliment to share some of the workload in short yardage situations but other than that,Parker is one of the best 1st and 2nd down backs in the league.

I'm looking forward to the matchup because I want to see how the Pat's match up against a slower style of offense like the Steelers. They can run well and it seems lately Ben can throw the deep ball with very nice accuracy when needed. That's a formula for success,especially with bad weather.

I'm not so worried about them in November,I'm confident enough in the Pat's to think we will win handily if the weather is good. What sweats my brow is a snowbowl game in January which is why I'm hoping Maroney and Faulk can get some good work in before that time comes.

Why wouldn't the Pats take the Steelers seriously? It doesn't matter if we take them seriously or not. Fans aren't going to take the field against the Steelers. Let the Patriots worry about that. If any team wants a 16-0 record, they have to treat every game like it's a playoff game. There are no breaks, no teams can be taken lightly.

Last edited:
Hey, I have a question for everyone. Someone please get back to me on this. I saw Hines Ward walk up to Reed during the ravins game and pretty much just head butt him right on, or slightly under the face mask, which knocked Ed Reed out. They only showed it once.

To me, it looked so flagrant it was obnoxious.

Did anyone else see this? Am I like wearing a tinfoil hat on this one?

I was surprized to see Reed go back in later in the game. He got cranked right on his chin. And, it looked as if ward emediately motioned for help from the sidelines because he knew that he had knocked Reed cold.

I already posted on this once right after the game, but it was treated with a blaz`e attitude.

Anything? I mean, Wilfork got big fines and this chump just walks up and head butts someone and nothing.

Hey, I have a question for everyone. Someone please get back to me on this. I saw Hines Ward walk up to Reed during the ravins game and pretty much just head butt him right on, or slightly under the face mask, which knocked Ed Reed out. They only showed it once.

To me, it looked so flagrant it was obnoxious.

Did anyone else see this? Am I like wearing a tinfoil hat on this one?

I was surprized to see Reed go back in later in the game. He got cranked right on his chin. And, it looked as if ward emediately motioned for help from the sidelines because he knew that he had knocked Reed cold.

I already posted on this once right after the game, but it was treated with a blaz`e attitude.

Anything? I mean, Wilfork got big fines and this chump just walks up and head butts someone and nothing.
Only hit I saw was Ward blocking Reed on a play, leveled him. Maybe I saw it wrong, but certainly, had he just walked up to him and head butted with his helmet, he would have at the least, been fined.

Relax, and think about it. It works both ways BTW. Weren't BOTH fan bases calling out "schedules" last week??

Colts hadn't faced a decent Offensive. Well, that meant squat.

Pats hadn't played a good defense. That DID mean squat for 52 minutes, but then they stepped up (thanks defense) and won the game. Speaking incessantly about how the Steelers haven't played anyone is absolutely silly. These are veteran players. Ward, Ben, Parker, Palmolive, etc.., these guys have played great teams in big games. The schedule they have played will mean nothing when you guys play in December. It won't come back to haunt them, it won't leave them ill-prepared. That's MY take.
Actually Washington was one of the top defenses at the time. Yes you are right they do have veterans who have played in big games against great teams, I can remember them being 15-1 and very mouthy. And they got whooped by the Pats.

I know we like to goof on Manning around here, but that's just silly.

Statistically speaking Roethlisberger is the better QB right now. If the probowl was based on stats only and not by popularity there would be a strong argument over who would be backing up Brady.

Roethlisberger 137/208 1742yds 20tds 6ints 111.9rating

Manning 168/259 2058yds 14tds 4ints 100.8rating

Manning has had 31 more pass attempts which puts him 316 yds ahead. Although Ben has 6 more TD's with 31 fewer attempts.

Pitt rushing attempts 150 for 1204yds

Indy rushing attmepts 137 for 1101yds

Seems pretty close to me.

Statistically speaking Roethlisberger is the better QB right now. If the probowl was based on stats only and not by popularity there would be a strong argument over who would be backing up Brady.

Roethlisberger 137/208 1742yds 20tds 6ints 111.9rating

Manning 168/259 2058yds 14tds 4ints 100.8rating

Manning has had 31 more pass attempts which puts him 316 yds ahead. Although Ben has 6 more TD's with 31 fewer attempts.

Pitt rushing attempts 150 for 1204yds

Indy rushing attmepts 137 for 1101yds

Seems pretty close to me.

I realize R-whatever has great stats this year and I greatly appreciate your proper use of the word "fewer" so I can't bring myself to argue with you. I just think Brady and Manning sit in rarefied air and it takes a lot to even discuss any other QBs in the same breath.

I think I was just being sensitive to the Peyton-bashing that occurs around here and failed to take your comment as simply giving R-whatever credit for his great season so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back