PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT: Shawne Merriman's career in jeopardy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are the same ons that call people classless when they wish injury on Brady.

This sucks both for Merriman and the league. He's a supremely talented player and if his career is indeed over than it is a blow to the overall talent level in the league. Yes, the Patriots benefit, but it's still not cool.

Brady ever test positive for steroids?
Brady ever declare, at a public rally, that he is going to hit an opposing player in the mouth? Lead a cheer of "[insert name here] sucks"?
Does Brady do a dance over the cornerbacks he burns on TDs?
Make boneheaded predictions about teams during half-time of playoff games?
Generally act like a douche?

Merriman's got an act only a mother can love (or the hundreds of Chargers fans).

As I said, I don't wish injury to Merriman, but the comparison to Brady is a weak one. People wished injury on Brady because he did his job better than everyone else. There's a huge difference between the two.

You guys are the same ons that call people classless when they wish injury on Brady.

This sucks both for Merriman and the league. He's a supremely talented player and if his career is indeed over than it is a blow to the overall talent level in the league. Yes, the Patriots benefit, but it's still not cool.
While I'm a Patriots fan I won't bemoan injuries to others. They are the opponents. Maybe in 20 years (when I'll be 60 :eek:) I'll just enjoy the sport for what it is with no favorite team, like I currently do in baseball, and then it will be different. But right now the most important thing to me is to have the Patriots win. So . . .

Damn I hope this is not true.

we’re hearing that there is quiet concern

God I hate PFT......

Brady ever declare, at a public rally, that he is going to hit an opposing player in the mouth? Lead a cheer of "[insert name here] sucks"?

Merriman's got an act only a mother can love (or the hundreds of Chargers fans).

As I said, I don't wish injury to Merriman, but the comparison to Brady is a weak one. People wished injury on Brady because he did his job better than everyone else. There's a huge difference between the two.

different position, different mindset/attitude. If Rodney was at a rally (with no cameras he knew of) it wouldn't bug you hearing him say "Rivers sucks" and I don't remember hearing anyone complain when Seau was doing his stupid dance last year. Steroids and HGH don't bother me and I don't consider them as a black mark against someone's soul the way others do, and everytime I've heard Merriman speak he seems like a good guy to me. Pats fans would worship him if he played for us.

While I'm a Patriots fan I won't bemoan injuries to others. They are the opponents. Maybe in 20 years (when I'll be 60 :eek:) I'll just enjoy the sport for what it is with no favorite team, like I currently do in baseball, and then it will be different. But right now the most important thing to me is to have the Patriots win. So . . .

Good that the Pats don't have to deal with him, bad that an injury has possibly ended a talented players career early. I don't think those two feelings are irreconcilable.

God I hate PFT......

No kidding. It's irritating when Florio speaks in the plural when it's only his opinion. It's like he's schizo or something.

different position, different mindset/attitude. If Rodney was at a rally (with no cameras he knew of) it wouldn't bug you hearing him say "Rivers sucks" and I don't remember hearing anyone complain when Seau was doing his stupid dance last year. Steroids and HGH don't bother me and I don't consider them as a black mark against someone's soul the way others do, and everytime I've heard Merriman speak he seems like a good guy to me. Pats fans would worship him if he played for us.

To each his own though I'll add that it would bother me if I saw Rodney, or any member of the Patriots, participating in a fan chant like that.

I don't think any of those things I listed warrant actively rooting for injury, but I can certainly see why people won't shed tears, lose sleep, or feel sorry about Merriman's rumored situation.

the guy is a prick, i do not root for players to get hurt but i would not miss this guy one bit

Good that the Pats don't have to deal with him, bad that an injury has possibly ended a talented players career early. I don't think those two feelings are irreconcilable.
They aren't - but they aren't totally equal feelings either. Right now it's more important to me to help the Patriots than to improve the overall talent of the league.

we’re hearing that there is quiet concern

Is that like quiet strength?

I don't care for Merriman at all. I don't wish him injury, but if he just decided to up and leave the league, I wouldn't mind.

No kidding. It's irritating when Florio speaks in the plural when it's only his opinion. It's like he's schizo or something.

I have "sources" who say he is.:singing:

You forgot: "Did Merriman father a child out of wedlock?"

Ouch.
This could get ugly. But, what Brady did has nothing to do with football so I don't see how it has to do with this.

Last edited:

Good point, I guess that was pretty disrespectful towards other teams and the league.

Does anyone who isn't a puritan really care about that? I've defended Merriman but there's much more legitimate things to criticize him for than that. I love how football fans all become christian fundamentalists all of a sudden when it suits their trash talking purposes.

Last edited:
Is that like quiet strength?

I don't care for Merriman at all. I don't wish him injury, but if he just decided to up and leave the league, I wouldn't mind.

Ditto. I don't wish physical injury or malice on someone who simply plays for a rival of my favorite team, but at the same time I won't be feeling any sympathy for the douche-bag that he is.

Does anyone who isn't a puritan really care about that? I've defended Merriman but there's much more legitimate things to criticize him for than that. I love how football fans all become christian fundamentalists all of a sudden when it suits their trash talking purposes.

I couldn't have said it any better.

merriman basically ended priest holmes career with a vicious hit and subsequent concussion without so much as a blink. if merriman's career should be over, i doubt i'll blink.

might have to add him to the list of jackasses that shot his mouth off about the pats yhen vanished, he can join freddy mitchell mike vanderjerk and anthony smith.....and hopefully joey porter

i wonder if it hurt it doing the light's out dance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News