PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT: Seymour could miss season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm tired of this argument.

The idea that unfounded speculation is good because it cause counter speculation amuses me. sorry.

I realize the first one to guess right is considered to have a scoop around here, so I'm backing out.

Yes, there are actual scoops. But they're like the boy who cried wolf. When there actually was a wolf everyone laughed and ignored him.

http://www.amazon.com/Boy-Who-Cried-Wolf/dp/0689874332

I'm amused by your insistence than anything that isn't personally spoon fed by Stacey James to Mike Reiss is "unfounded speculation."

PFT's report wasn't "unfounded speculation," in fact, it wasn't speculation at all. It was a report of a rumor going around that the complications from Seymour's surgery could keep him out for the entire year. If any speculating was done, it wasn't by PFT. People in the league were talking, and PFT let us know what they were saying.

It seems like you'd prefer that everybody keep silent until the team wants us to know things. In other words, you seem to be against journalism of any sort, and would rather have it replaced entirely by publicity.

You know, I was wrong when I said I was "amused" by your position. Honeslty, I'm saddened by it.

Okay, what have we gained?

Before Florio's speculation, we knew Seymour was on PUP but did not think he would be out for the year.

Now, thanks to Florio, we know that Seymour is on PUP but we do not think he will be out for the year.

Magnificent! Thank you, Mike Florio!

Uh, we've had it confirmed that there's a very real chance he won't be ready by weak 6, and that while a "dramatic" interpretation, his missing the season isn't out of the question.

I think that gives us a far better - if still vague -- idea of the seriousness of Seymour's complications.

I'm amused by your insistence than anything that isn't personally spoon fed by Stacey James to Mike Reiss is "unfounded speculation."

PFT's report wasn't "unfounded speculation," in fact, it wasn't speculation at all. It was a report of a rumor going around that the complications from Seymour's surgery could keep him out for the entire year. If any speculating was done, it wasn't by PFT. People in the league were talking, and PFT let us know what they were saying.

It seems like you'd prefer that everybody keep silent until the team wants us to know things. In other words, you seem to be against journalism of any sort, and would rather have it replaced entirely by publicity.

You know, I was wrong when I said I was "amused" by your position. Honeslty, I'm saddened by it.

It was a report of a rumor going around

Seymour could miss season

Seymour's career could be over

Seymour could be ready in 2 weeks, they want to give him time.

Seymour could be an alien from the Planet Lovetron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back