PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peyton Manning is Stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know those Frank TV ads are annoying as Hell, they run one every twelve seconds, but you have to agree, the guy is pretty effin good at what he does.

Regarding Manning, rag on the guy all you want, but he has beaten the Patriots three strait times and with the last win, the 10,000 lb gorilla is off his back.

I cannot wait to see how the game on the 4th plays out. We'll see for sure if the AFCCG win was more a product of a defensive meltdown by the Patriots or Mannings brilliance. If he shreds the Patriots, I'd say it's the latter, if the Patriots dominate, then the AFCCG win becomes somewhat tainted in my eyes as I'll forever view it as a meltdown, not a QB FINALLY getting over the hump...............

I know those Frank TV ads are annoying as Hell, they run one every twelve seconds, but you have to agree, the guy is pretty effin good at what he does.

Regarding Manning, rag on the guy all you want, but he has beaten the Patriots three strait times and with the last win, the 10,000 lb gorilla is off his back.

I cannot wait to see how the game on the 4th plays out. We'll see for sure if the AFCCG win was more a product of a defensive meltdown by the Patriots or Mannings brilliance. If he shreds the Patriots, I'd say it's the latter, if the Patriots dominate, then the AFCCG win becomes somewhat tainted in my eyes as I'll forever view it as a meltdown, not a QB FINALLY getting over the hump...............
OK, we'll give the Pats D a pass in '05. But G, Manning did very well in Foxboro in '06. Wasn't in playoffs? NP. Then he does it in PO's, and well, it doesn't count, NE melted down. But now all the sudden, a regular season game will be your barometer again?? IF he plays well, will you stop bringing it up?

Actually it seems that you may be the one with a complex. Those that feel insecure tend to try to denigrate others to make themselves feel better. You have displayed a trend of taking shots at people, trying to make fun of who you think they are or where you think they are from without adding anything to the conversation. I have no idea who you are or how old you may be, but this is the impression you frequently give. Go ahead, unload on me, I've come to expect it.

Pretty much summed it up there

H,
My point is he looked awful in the first half of the AFCCG, then looked like a completely different guy in the second half. Was it a product of players being out/sick/hurt, or him playing out of his mind? I am not really sure, maybe a combination of the two.

We'll see how the game on the 4th shakes out; either way, he no longer has the weight of the world on his shoulders, so that alone may be enough to get the job done.

Even though it's a totally different sport, the Yankees were the hammer and the Red Sox were the nail for over ten years, then 2004 happened. The Red Sox went on to win the World Series. Advantage Red Sox; no, because the Yankees won the division the next two years, with the Red Sox finally winning it this year. So, was the playoff win in 2004 a case of the Red Sox FINALLY shaking the Yankees, or the Yankees having a meltdown. Depends on whose fans you talk to.............

Actually it seems that you may be the one with a complex. Those that feel insecure tend to try to denigrate others to make themselves feel better. You have displayed a trend of taking shots at people, trying to make fun of who you think they are or where you think they are from without adding anything to the conversation. I have no idea who you are or how old you may be, but this is the impression you frequently give. Go ahead, unload on me, I've come to expect it.

Not to worry workhorse,. I got your back covered :) :rocker:

Last edited:
Not to worry workhorse,. I got your back covered :) :rocker:
Just like you made all those wonderful predictions concerning the Patriots over at the Dim Star. Would you be kind enough to share those with Pats Fans?

H,
My point is he looked awful in the first half of the AFCCG, then looked like a completely different guy in the second half. Was it a product of players being out/sick/hurt, or him playing out of his mind? I am not really sure, maybe a combination of the two.

We'll see how the game on the 4th shakes out; either way, he no longer has the weight of the world on his shoulders, so that alone may be enough to get the job done.

Even though it's a totally different sport, the Yankees were the hammer and the Red Sox were the nail for over ten years, then 2004 happened. The Red Sox went on to win the World Series. Advantage Red Sox; no, because the Yankees won the division the next two years, with the Red Sox finally winning it this year. So, was the playoff win in 2004 a case of the Red Sox FINALLY shaking the Yankees, or the Yankees having a meltdown. Depends on whose fans you talk to.............

Cool. I don't know about Manning looking awful. I think the team was getting it's ass kicked though. NE almost broke the 100 yard rushing mark with Dillon's 12 yard scamper, but then didn't finish with over 100 yards. Without watching it again, or looking up play by play, it's hard to remember every series. I know in their first series, Manning had Addai for a big gainer, Addai almost came up with it, would have set up at least a FG try. Would have been a nice catch too, but the throw wasn't bad. Scoring six points in the half, I remember (last drive??) where the true "injustice" was Manning had Clark for an easy six, but Sanders got his hand in the crook of the elbow, making a two handed catch impossible. Cannot remember what yard line they got to with the other FG. Obviously, the Harrison pick was bad. Disappointing, because Law got two gimmes the same way as Samuel did. Anyway, the way Manning ended the half, there was hope. He didn't look awful in his traditional sense either. It was a perfect set up though for a monumental failure, but his historic comeback made it all the more sweeter. He made history. the guy that always "chokes", versus his nemesis, and he pulls off an 18 pt. comeback. Looked like he was going to "choke" again with his 3 and out with under 4 to go. But he got a reprieve. And on that final drive. The pressure came. IMO, good move by BB. Make him earn it, hope he wilts under the pressure. But he stepped up. Aberration? I just don't think so. He has played well of late against NE, and got the ring we all coveted for him. so, I think that monkey IS gone, but we'll have to see when these '08 playoffs come around. He's playing now like he always has, but it is just regular season. Should be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Kind of like Peyton's TD record was handed to him? Let's change the rules so the Colt's will fair better with their passing game? Dan Marino's record season will always mean alot more than just being second in the record books to the fans who actually watched the games back then. What Marino did was incredible at the time. Peyton benefited big time with a different set of rules tailored just for him,Polian and Martz.

Dump on Manning all you want. For his looks, his constant commercials, his family, anything you want to. Same goes for Polian and Dungy and any other Colt. Thats your opinion.

But, continuing to restate the fantasy that the Colt's got ANY rules changed, which is simply not true in ANY sense, just makes you look dumb.

JMO.

And you must have rose colored glasses on if you think that there weren't a few calls that went your way in the 2nd half of the AFCC last year. It's called home field advantage. That's why everyone strives to get it.

Exactly. It's the same thing as the refs not making those OBVIOUS defensive holding calls in 03 and 04.:)

Dump on Manning all you want. For his looks, his constant commercials, his family, anything you want to. Same goes for Polian and Dungy and any other Colt. Thats your opinion.

But, continuing to restate the fantasy that the Colt's got ANY rules changed, which is simply not true in ANY sense, just makes you look dumb.

JMO.

Exactly. It's the same thing as the refs not making those OBVIOUS defensive holding calls in 03 and 04.:)

I don't understand why you keep denying the rule change. It was done. It was done publicly. You're using semantics, and I'm sure that you assailed any Patriots defender of Belichick if you felt they were doing the same thing. Prior to the competition committee getting involved, there was a certain degree of contact being permitted after the 5 yard 'bump' area. Since the committed made this a 'point of emphasis', that contact is no longer permitted. Now, you can dress that up all you want, but it's still a change in the rule.

It's not as if Polian denies this:

http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/01/19/sports/nfl.php

In fact, one of his comments defending is makes him look like one of the biggest ****ies the sporting world has ever seen:

"What was going on before wasn't acceptable, all that grabbing and poking. If it's not acceptable to do that in a schoolyard, why is it OK to do it in the NFL?"

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/specialreports/specialnfl/s_291033.html

The "fantasy" is yours.

I don't understand why you keep denying the rule change. It was done. It was done publicly. You're using semantics, and I'm sure that you assailed any Patriots defender of Belichick if you felt they were doing the same thing. Prior to the competition committee getting involved, there was a certain degree of contact being permitted after the 5 yard 'bump' area. Since the committed made this a 'point of emphasis', that contact is no longer permitted. Now, you can dress that up all you want, but it's still a change in the rule.

I think the difference of opinion lies in whether you consider calling a rule that is on the books but relaxed in calling a rule change.

I think the difference of opinion lies in whether you consider calling a rule that is on the books but relaxed in calling a rule change.

1.) Peytonisbetter's own words

continuing to restate the fantasy that the Colt's got ANY rules changed, which is simply not true in ANY sense

not true in ANY sense is clearly wrong, at least as I define any.

2.) I believe (I don't know for sure, but this is what I've been informed) that if he has actual copies of the rule books from prior and after the change, he'll find the text of the rule changed, or 'clarified'. The committee called it a 'point of emphasis' rather than a rule change in order to prevent it from needing a full vote of all the teams. The way I've had it explained to me, rule changes of this sort require a 3/4 vote of all the teams, while a point of emphasis just requires a vote of the competition committee.

If anyone has information showing this (point #2) to be wrong, I'd appreciate them posting it as I don't want to go forward being misinformed.

There was no rule change. Not in the rule itself, the wording of it in the rulebooks, nothing, anywhere. It's the same rule now as it was then. For some unknown reason, the ref's just decided to stop calling it. All Polian did was ask the owners why a rule that was on the books wasn't being called. And he had every right to do it.

Apparently, at least 24 of the 32 owners agreed with him as they basically told the refs to start enforcing the rules as they were written. Wow, what a premise, huh? Lol.

The only fantasy is those of you who think the RULE was changed.:bricks:

There was never a rule change, the rule was left exactly how it was it was just reemphasized and called how it SHOULD have been called prior to the AFCCG in Foxbourough

Last edited:
There was no rule change. Not in the rule itself, the wording of it in the rulebooks, nothing, anywhere. It's the same rule now as it was then. For some unknown reason, the ref's just decided to stop calling it. All Polian did was ask the owners why a rule that was on the books wasn't being called. And he had every right to do it.

Apparently, at least 24 of the 32 owners agreed with him as they basically told the refs to start enforcing the rules as they were written. Wow, what a premise, huh? Lol.

The only fantasy is those of you who think the RULE was changed.:bricks:

Actually, we know for certain that this is not how it happened. The rule WAS being enforced. It simply wasn't being enforced to his satisfaction. Again, he doesn't deny this. You're arguing a point that the GM you're 'defending' has already conceded.

Last edited:
Actually, we know for certain that this is not how it happened. The rule WAS being enforced. It simply wasn't being enforced to his satisfaction. Again, he doesn't deny this. You're arguing a point that the GM you're 'defending' has already conceded.

obviously it wasn't being enforced to the satisfaction of the majority of the owners who voted to have it reemphasized as well

obviously it wasn't being enforced to the satisfaction of the majority of the owners who voted to have it reemphasized as well

Where are you getting this "majority of the owners"?

Give the Colts some credit, guys... they could beat the Pats in the playoffs this year, too. If the entire defense comes down with the flu, the Pats are forced to play their 4th and 5th safeties, the Colts are gifted a TD on a no-contact PI call and the refs take 4 points off the board on the most obvious missed PI call, I could definitely see the Colts squeaking out a 4 point victory at home, again.

Careful or you will start to sound as whiney as a Colts fan.

What are Colts fans doing on this board? They still that insecure about the Patriots even after beating them in the playoffs?

When the Colts lose against us in November, these same fans talking smack will disappear, so it's better to get some jabs in now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft