PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cool Link One for the Mac Jones haters

Links to cool things
2019 was way worse than this.

You got me curious...and looked it up....a comparison between 2019 and 2022:

2019:

Brady: 16 games, 60.8 completion %-age, 4057 yards, 24 TDs, and 8 Ints.

Edelman 16 games, 13 starts
Gordon 6 games, 6 starts
Snau 8 games, 6 starts
Harry 7 games, 5 starts
Meyers 15 games, 1 start
Brown 1 game, 0 starts
Olszewski 8 games, 0 starts
Dorsett 14 games, 4 starts
Slater 16 games, 0 starts

2022:

Jones: 14 games, 65.2 completion %-age, 2997 yards, 14 TDs, and 11 Ints.

Meyers 14 games, 13 starts
Parker 13 games, 11 starts
Thorton 13 games, 9 starts
Agholor 16 games, 7 starts
Bourne 16 games, 2 starts
Humphrey 6 games, 2 starts
Slater 17 games, 0 starts
Webb 10 games, 0 starts
Washington 1 game, 0 starts

Hybrid RB/WR's we had on the roster:
Montgomery 1 game, 0 starts
Bowden 1 game, 0 starts

-----------------------

I say it is a wash........

The Jets actually beat the Pats 2 out of 3 that season, with the first game being a 28-14 loss. The 45-3 drubbing made us all forget that the Jets had a good team that year with an excellent defense. The Pats had an historic offense with a below average defense.

Like many other great offense / bad defense teams, the Pats were beatable that year if the offense had an off day. They were blown out 34-14 by the Browns too.
One of the things that bothered me about that 45-3 win was the way the Pats mocked the Jets by doing their flying routine. That sure came back to bit them in the arse.

I remember that Brownies game... Mankin$ returns after his hold-out to start the season... Critical fumbles by Gronk & Sammy Morris... only Welker (who assumed kicking duties after Gostkowski's injury) & the corpse of Deion Branch at WR... any motion by the Law Firm was suppressed... and Zero sacks from the defense on Colt ****ing McCoy...

Also their last loss until the POs... But to your point, although the next 3 games were wins, the defense still averaged 26ppg allowed during them.
I was at that Browns game in 2010. It was the 2nd time I went there. I have a friend in Ohio and we also went to the 2000 game, Belichick's first game back there. That was an incredible experience. To say that the Browns' fans hated Belichick then doesn't come close to describing how much. All they did was loudly boo him for every second that they weren't cheering for the Browns.

Then when we went there in 2010 and I saw them lose again I felt the same way as you when it comes to hosting playoff parties. I won't be doing that again.

In the 10 years between games the area changed a whole lot. I liked it better the first time.

Through it all though, the fans were great to me. Maybe it was because they were winning but it didn't feel that way. They hated Bill but not me. I was actually thinking about trying to get tickets in the dog pound in 2000 but my friend talked me out of it.

No doubt the Jete had a good defense... But the Pats' offense made some critical mistakes, including on 3rd downs when in some cases either Brady threw to the wrong shoulder or the receivers turned the wrong shoulder, such as the play before the Chung ****up...

Hyperbole. The Jets were 11-5 in 2010 and had a very good defense that year while we had a below average one. We had an historically great offense that year, 2nd only to the 2007 one. But our below average defense couldn't stop the Jets on a day when our offense played poorly and their defense played well.
Absolutely right!! Watching Braylon Edward's push over 2 guys getting into the end zone was the cumulative explanation of how we were on the rebuilding defense... defense always travels.

You got me curious...and looked it up....a comparison between 2019 and 2022:

2019:

Brady: 16 games, 60.8 completion %-age, 4057 yards, 24 TDs, and 8 Ints.

Edelman 16 games, 13 starts
Gordon 6 games, 6 starts
Snau 8 games, 6 starts
Harry 7 games, 5 starts
Meyers 15 games, 1 start
Brown 1 game, 0 starts
Olszewski 8 games, 0 starts
Dorsett 14 games, 4 starts
Slater 16 games, 0 starts

2022:

Jones: 14 games, 65.2 completion %-age, 2997 yards, 14 TDs, and 11 Ints.

Meyers 14 games, 13 starts
Parker 13 games, 11 starts
Thorton 13 games, 9 starts
Agholor 16 games, 7 starts
Bourne 16 games, 2 starts
Humphrey 6 games, 2 starts
Slater 17 games, 0 starts
Webb 10 games, 0 starts
Washington 1 game, 0 starts

Hybrid RB/WR's we had on the roster:
Montgomery 1 game, 0 starts
Bowden 1 game, 0 starts

-----------------------

I say it is a wash........
I was referring to this upcoming season and including the running game, but I'd still take 2022 over 2019. That supporting cast was awful.

You look at Brady's numbers and think the offense moved the ball well, but they didn't.

This 2023 team has two capable TE's (2019 had zero), solid stable of RB's, and better WR's. However, both offensive lines are fairly similar - not good.

A pattern of the Ryan Brothers was to go to a team and use their scheme which seemed to initially throw off opposing offenses. However, you'll see the pattern where the league catches on and then their defensive effectiveness and ranking starts to plummet leading to their firing.

After that 2010 upset, Brady figured out Ryan's D and hung 30 and 37 points on them in 2011, sweeping the Jets. Patriots went on to win an additional 5 games and only lost one time until Ryan got fired in NY (2014).

After 2010, Brady went 11-1 against Rex Ryan with the Jets and Bills.

So yes, that playoff loss was a massive upset, letdown and fluke.

I was referring to this upcoming season and including the running game, but I'd still take 2022 over 2019. That supporting cast was awful.

You look at Brady's numbers and think the offense moved the ball well, but they didn't.

This 2023 team has two capable TE's (2019 had zero), solid stable of RB's, and better WR's. However, both offensive lines are fairly similar - not good.

I'd take 2019 over 2022 just because of Edelman being on the roster.... even right now...Edelman with bad knees would be our #1 receiver if he came out of retirement...(unless Hops signs)

I'd take 2019 over 2022 just because of Edelman being on the roster.... even right now...Edelman with bad knees would be our #1 receiver if he came out of retirement...(unless Hops signs)
Yep Juju thrives in a System IF he ain't the focus Juju - Bourne -Parker = Defense yawns.:rolleyes: On the other hand D-Hop -Juju and Bourne = Défense gets scared.:eek:

Yep Juju thrives in a System IF he ain't the focus Juju - Bourne -Parker = Defense yawns.:rolleyes: On the other hand D-Hop -Juju and Bourne = Défense gets scared.:eek:
In addition to the two TE's.

In addition to the two TE's.
Our Two TE's have to prove it neither is Gronk though you wouldn't know it judging from the Offseason hype. H Henry have never hit the 700yds mark: M Gesicki have done it twice the latter might be the better of the two. Mike Gesicki have a excuse for those low numbers last year with Hill and Waddle everybody else is an after thought.

Last edited:
first of all, who the ****k is Wayne Gregoire and what the ****k is "Musket Fire"?
Mac Jones did fine when the head coach and general manager didn't sell him down the river with tweedle Dee and tweedle dum running the offense

No doubt the Jete had a good defense... But the Pats' offense made some critical mistakes, including on 3rd downs when in some cases either Brady threw to the wrong shoulder or the receivers turned the wrong shoulder, such as the play before the Chung ****up...
There were a lot of factors that went into that loss and some were mental.

The Pats were way too ****y after the beatdown a few weeks earlier and even mocked the Jets at the end of that game.

Bill may have taken some steam out of the team at the start by benching Welker for his foot-jokes. And that may have been a two sided sword. The team was surprised by it and it gave Ryan something else to get the Jets more worked up about.

As bad as that loss was though it pales in comparison to 2007. Every time I go by the location where I watched that SB, not as much these days, I'm glad that the building was torn down soon after and the area made into condos. I couldn't bear to see that building again.

As bad as that loss was though it pales in comparison to 2007. Every time I go by the location where I watched that SB, not as much these days, I'm glad that the building was torn down soon after and the area made into condos. I couldn't bear to see that building again.
I'm still immensely saddened that Randy Moss and especially Junior Seau didn't get their ring.

I'm still immensely saddened that Randy Moss and especially Junior Seau didn't get their ring.

I can still picture Teddy Bruschi hugging Junior and saying something to him on the sidelines just after the Moss TD to put them in the lead...
I've always wondered what that was...

I can still picture Teddy Bruschi hugging Junior and saying something to him on the sidelines just after the Moss TD to put them in the lead...
I've always wondered what that was...
Most likely that it was up to them to end it.

I thought they had it bag after that TD as you could feel the momentum swing in their favor.

Most likely that it was up to them to end it.

I thought they had it bag after that TD as you could feel the momentum swing in their favor.

Yep, even more so after the KO return when Ventrone tackled the dude at the Vagiants 15...

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back