PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cool Link One for the Mac Jones haters

Links to cool things
2 dominant defenses those years including a HOF CB in revis.. and a stout running game..
They were terrible teams and had no business being in the AFCCG's.

They were terrible teams and had no business being in the AFCCG's.
Those jets teams were ferocious on defense.. they gave offenses problems.. they knocked us out from getting to another AFC title game..

As a Mac fan, I think it is still important to acknowledge and understand the criticisms of his game. This article pretty well summarizes the hate:

I read posts from the bottom up and couldn't figure out what people were talking about.
This article doesn't below here. And it isn't a summary of criticism, it is a summary of, as stated, "the hate." Once you start with that kind of bias, you define the narrative as about an attempt to influence rather than to inquire.

Those jets teams were ferocious on defense.. they gave offenses problems.. they knocked us out from getting to another AFC title game..
They had no business beating the Pats in 2010. None!

They had a ton of JAG's on offense and defense.

Regardless of their defense, there was no reason for Bill to allow Sanchez to go wild in the 2nd half of that game.

Pats would've gone on and annihilated the Steelers in the AFCCG.

Regardless of their defense, there was no reason for Bill to allow Sanchez to go wild in the 2nd half of that game.

Hyperbole. The Jets were 11-5 in 2010 and had a very good defense that year while we had a below average one. We had an historically great offense that year, 2nd only to the 2007 one. But our below average defense couldn't stop the Jets on a day when our offense played poorly and their defense played well.

Hyperbole. The Jets were 11-5 in 2010 and had a very good defense that year while we had a below average one. We had an historically great offense that year, 2nd only to the 2007 one. But our below average defense couldn't stop the Jets on a day when our offense played poorly and their defense played well.
Pats were a 9.5 point favorite at home against a 2nd year QB where they beat them down a few weeks prior 45-3.

Using the points per argument against people that use this as the gold standard, they both allowed 19 points per game.

No excuses.

The article contains a lot of truth.

Jones does throw off his back foot. Jones does look lost out there just like Mark Sanchez did. Rarely in control of whats going on. The opposing defense is in control and the Pats offense led by Jones is trying to react and stay in the game best as possible. Stevenson had only 8 less targets than Meyers who was the # 1 WR. Stevenson's YBC (yards before catch) was a - 0.8 yards. Everything is check down and bail out in lieu of forcing the ball down field.

BB must make a change at QB if it looks like the season is going down the drain again.

You mean a offense run by a former defensive coordinator who has led his defense as a read and react format ran the offense last year like a defense. Jones was a second year QB. He isn't the one calling how the offense is called. He had little to no ability to call audibles or adjustments. He had to run the play as Patricia called it.

But at least you are coming around to admitting Patricia was the problem last year and not Jones. You post makes a strong argument for that.

You mean a offense run by a former defensive coordinator who has led his defense as a read and react format ran the offense last year like a defense. Jones was a second year QB. He isn't the one calling how the offense is called. He had little to no ability to call audibles or adjustments. He had to run the play as Patricia called it.
Jones had to run the dink and dunk because that is what he is good at. Jones is not a QB who strikes fear in DBs. We see the QBs who do when the Pats DBs play perfect coverage, but the QB makes an incredible throw. Thats not your boy at all.

Patricia and Judge did not instruct your boy Mac to throw INTs.

But at least you are coming around to admitting Patricia was the problem last year and not Jones. You post makes a strong argument for that.
The silly season is almost over. The savior BOB kicked out of Alabama can work his magic.

Blaming Patricia and Judge is finally worn out.

I hear ya.. we definitely beat ourselves that game.. Crumpler drops a TD pass in the end zone.. but Calvin pace, David Harris, Shaun ellis, revis, Cromartie, scott.. I'll take those JAGS any day on defense... our defense was opportunistic that season.. McCourty and Brandon Merriweather allowed Braylon Edward's to bully his way into the end zone.. ugh I hated that game!

Jones had to run the dink and dunk because that is what he is good at. Jones is not a QB who strikes fear in DBs. We see the QBs who do when the Pats DBs play perfect coverage, but the QB makes an incredible throw. Thats not your boy at all.

Patricia and Judge did not instruct your boy Mac to throw INTs.

The silly season is almost over. The savior BOB kicked out of Alabama can work his magic.

Blaming Patricia and Judge is finally worn out.

Patricia and Judge didn't instruct Jones to throw INTs, but they did instruct him to throw a lot of 50-50 balls to receivers who were well covered. That was the actual plan. Throw to Parker and let him fight for the ball. The most certainly instructed Jones to throw risky throws to receivers who were not striking any fear in DBs hearts.

And in the last eight games of the season last year, Jones threw four INTs (vs. 11 passing TDs). You take away the final Buffalo game, and Jones threw one INT in the last seven games of the season. He threw 11 INTs last year. Most of them was when Patricia and Judge were running the ridiculous offense that didn't suit anyone on the team. When the Pats abandoned that ridiculous offense and tried to run something closer to the more traditional Patriots' offense, Jones didn't turn over the ball except for one game.

And most QBs don't strike fear into DBs' hearts. You think if teams can cover Tyreek Hill and take him out of the game, they fear Tua? If they can take Jefferson out of the game, they fear Cousins? He is a third year QB.

I want Jones to succeed this season almost as much for my favorite team to do well as I would love to see you eat all your words.

Comments:

1.) Pat Chung’s fake PR call gave the Jets a score before halftime in that 2010 divisional game then in the 2nd half we finally score…but it took a 12+ play drive that chewed up like 9-10
minutes.

2.) No doubt about it being a do-or-die year for Mac. If we don’t pick up his option, we are drafting a QB high in April, 2024 for sure, IMO.

3.) Mac did not look great last year, BUT:

- Bad OL against elite defenses which got him hurt too.

- No game breaking threats on offense other than Rham. For christ’s sake…give Mac something. Not even Brady was able to cook with this talent level back in 2019…remember BB giving up a 2nd for Snau? That was a snafu all right…

- Watered down offensive game plan/calls.

- Leaky special teams putting more pressure on the offense to score (say the Bills didn’t have a 2nd KOR for TD in week 18, maybe that game is a lot closer).

- Zappe played @GB (a game decided by one Rodgers TD pass and Jack Jones had a pick six too), DET (before they put tgings together), @CLE (No Watson and they weren’t that good), and CHI (after coming off the bench and engineering some TD’s before the Bears finally exposed his limitations). Hard to say how good Zappe was…but I expect him to be better this year and challenge Mac more. Nonetheless, the point remains…Mac played the Bills 2x, @Dolphins 1x (with Tua), Ravens (with Lamar), @Minnesota, and Cincinnati….all six were playoff teams. We were competitive in all games except for maybe @Mia and vs. the Bills at home.

Yep... I was so confident of another win vs the Jete that I hosted a playoff party here...and haven't hosted another since, nor will I for the rest of my life, sadly.

Agreed... Their defense that year was always a wee bit iffy; unfortunately, they chose the wrong ****ing time to play their worst game of the season, and after getting off to such a great start too, by forcing a missed chip-shot FG (by Nick Folk) after the offense gave the ball to the Jete on the Pats' own 12 because Welker had to be punished...

Without. ****ing. Question.

Last edited:
Patricia and Judge didn't instruct Jones to throw INTs, but they did instruct him to throw a lot of 50-50 balls to receivers who were well covered. That was the actual plan. Throw to Parker and let him fight for the ball. The most certainly instructed Jones to throw risky throws to receivers who were not striking any fear in DBs hearts.

And in the last eight games of the season last year, Jones threw four INTs (vs. 11 passing TDs). You take away the final Buffalo game, and Jones threw one INT in the last seven games of the season. He threw 11 INTs last year. Most of them was when Patricia and Judge were running the ridiculous offense that didn't suit anyone on the team. When the Pats abandoned that ridiculous offense and tried to run something closer to the more traditional Patriots' offense, Jones didn't turn over the ball except for one game.

And most QBs don't strike fear into DBs' hearts. You think if teams can cover Tyreek Hill and take him out of the game, they fear Tua? If they can take Jefferson out of the game, they fear Cousins? He is a third year QB.

I want Jones to succeed this season almost as much for my favorite team to do well as I would love to see you eat all your words.
Hilarious

I needed a good laugh.

Yep... I was so confident of another win vs the Jete that I hosted a playoff party here...and haven't hosted another since, nor will I for the rest of my life, sadly.

Nope... Their defense that year was always a wee bit iffy; unfortunately, they chose the wrong ****ing time to play their worst game of the season, and after getting off to such a great start too, by forcing a Nick Folk missed FG after the offense gave the ball to the Jete because Welker had to be punished...

Without. ****ing. Question.
The Jets actually beat the Pats 2 out of 3 that season, with the first game being a 28-14 loss. The 45-3 drubbing made us all forget that the Jets had a good team that year with an excellent defense. The Pats had an historic offense with a below average defense.

Like many other great offense / bad defense teams, the Pats were beatable that year if the offense had an off day. They were blown out 34-14 by the Browns too.

Hilarious

I needed a good laugh.

Your ridiculous posts leave most of us in stitches all the time. I guess I am glad to return the favor.

The Jets actually beat the Pats 2 out of 3 that season, with the first game being a 28-14 loss. The 45-3 drubbing made us all forget that the Jets had a good team that year with an excellent defense. The Pats had an historic offense with a below average defense.

Like many other great offense / bad defense teams, the Pats were beatable that year if the offense had an off day. They were blown out 34-14 by the Browns too.

I remember that Brownies game... Mankin$ returns after his hold-out to start the season... Critical fumbles by Gronk & Sammy Morris... only Welker (who assumed kicking duties after Gostkowski's injury) & the corpse of Deion Branch at WR... any motion by the Law Firm was suppressed... and Zero sacks from the defense on Colt ****ing McCoy...

Also their last loss until the POs... But to your point, although the next 3 games were wins, the defense still averaged 26ppg allowed during them.

- No game breaking threats on offense other than Rham. For christ’s sake…give Mac something. Not even Brady was able to cook with this talent level back in 2019…remember BB giving up a 2nd for Snau? That was a snafu all right…
2019 was way worse than this.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back