PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mayo calls out BB for Mac Jones failures

Agree and this is why:
Jerry Jones is 81 and your man Thunder is 82 still using coupons at the massage parlor.

In case you haven't noticed, this dynamic duo are not only NFL owners, but they are principals and speak for the group of 31. owners The youngest NFL owner C Hunt employs the oldest NFL HC.
In the last decade, the players coming into the locker room are different," Kraft said as he sat alongside Raiders wide receiver Davante Adams. "So how you relate to them, how you connect ... I think [Mayo] can relate to young people today."
Hilarious

Thunder sat next to Adams. Did he wear his Air Jordan's?
Adams, entering his 11th NFL season, agreed with the overall point, saying: "In order for the team to realize and fulfill their full potential, you need somebody they're willing to play for. You're seeing a difference [from when I came into the league] ... the way you talk to them, the verbiage or understanding you approach them with; when you have guys that have lived it a little bit [as players] you can unlock a little bit of something with a few players."
It just seems like yesterday that Christian Gonzales was relating to Bill Fraud Belichick in training camp. It was really Mayo all this time with the Belichicks sucking up all the glory.

The players (incl. many ex-Pats) have been saying this for years. The owners also recognize this. That's why you're seeing a transition to younger coaches. Bill and Pete were the last of a dying breed (>70 yo HCs).
Andy Reid better sleep with one eye open. His days are numbered.

In the end if was Bill's hubris. it started with benching Malcolm butler. then trying to trade Gronkowski to detroit which means New England only has 5 super bowls......either way, asking a 2nd year player to elevate average talent is just poor coaching/management. and the idea that it worked with Brady is I see that alot on this board and I feel its abit of revisionist history.

the supposed "decline" that bill saw in Brady in 2018 and 2019 was in large part because Bill left him out to dry. He did the best he could being the GOAT and McDaniels put on a coaching clinic in 2018 to save the season after the loss against pittsburgh. but no one can argue the results of going from 25tds in 2019 struggling to 40 and winning a super bowl with better talent in 2020.

I do somewhat agree that patriots are not a destination for guys to sign right now. new coach, no QB, very much a team in limbo. Now maybe that changes in a year we will see. can only hope.
Over the years he had so much built up equity with the organization rightly so. He absolutely hands down is the best to ever do it. However the other hat he wore as GM is what sped up the process. Absolutely agree McDaniels did a masterful job coaching in 2018. That AFCCG at KC 3 consecutive 3rd downs was just so Brady...

I've said personally that had we had similar production at the QB position that we had in 2019 last season we'd be a playoff team.

I can bet you Brissett would likely be a better option as a bridge than what we had at the position last 2 seasons.

Carrol lost the SB to NE by way of the most idiotic call in SB history.
What a terrible take considering the situation. One that negates the absolutely incredible, ballsy and brilliant call by Bill to let the clock keep going, which may have been the greatest example of the chess vs checkers claim that we hear. That was high-stakes thinking on his feet plus confidence in the defense by Bill.

Another play that gets overlooked because some people don't know or care about the situation was the saving tackle by Hightower. Without that tackle Patsfans would be in a much different place. We'd probably have thousands of pages on Duron Harmon's mistake on the Kearse catch instead.

And worst of all, that take diminishes the greatest defensive play in SB history. And we can all thank Collingsworth for that because of the way he skipped right over the great play by Butler and immediately started harping on the call with his crybaby voice.

The calls that hurt the Seahags most of all were the TOs. They were so busy celebrating the Kearse catch that they had to burn their 2nd TO, forcing them into passing with only 1 TO at the end.

Andy Reid better sleep with one eye open. His days are numbered.
Reid just turned 66, he's not going anywhere. He can coach 4 more and based on his averages his last 4 seasons, will probably pass Bill in total wins, win %, and playoff wins. He would need 12 playoff wins to catch Shula's overall record. I doubt he gets it, or catches Bill's 6 SBs, but he can retire at 69 with 4 or 5 SBs. IF he decides to coach into his 70s, he'll fail like all the rest have.

What a terrible take considering the situation. One that negates the absolutely incredible, ballsy and brilliant call by Bill to let the clock keep going, which may have been the greatest example of the chess vs checkers claim that we hear. That was high-stakes thinking on his feet plus confidence in the defense by Bill.

Another play that gets overlooked because some people don't know or care about the situation was the saving tackle by Hightower. Without that tackle Patsfans would be in a much different place. We'd probably have thousands of pages on Duron Harmon's mistake on the Kearse catch instead.

And worst of all, that take diminishes the greatest defensive play in SB history. And we can all thank Collingsworth for that because of the way he skipped right over the great play by Butler and immediately started harping on the call with his crybaby voice.

The calls that hurt the Seahags most of all were the TOs. They were so busy celebrating the Kearse catch that they had to burn their 2nd TO, forcing them into passing with only 1 TO at the end.
Carrol had a history of not " letting Russ cook" but picked that play and time to go for it.

What a clown call.

Seattle had 1 more timeout and 26 seconds left. It was 2nd down in 4 down territory. The ONLY throw is out of the back or sides of the endzone stopping the clock and protecting the ball if its not caught.

Defense of that ill advised play call is a joke.

Reid just turned 66, he's not going anywhere.
Some player might beat the crap out of him on the sideline.

Kelce showed Fatso whose Boss.
He can coach 4 more and based on his averages his last 4 seasons, will probably pass Bill in total wins, win %, and playoff wins.
Hes done a good job relating to Rashee Rice.

After Rice crashed his Lamborghini due to racing his crew got all the guns and drugs out of the car to make the getaway. Thats how you do it.
He would need 12 playoff wins to catch Shula's overall record. I doubt he gets it, or catches Bill's 6 SBs, but he can retire at 69 with 4 or 5 SBs. IF he decides to coach into his 70s, he'll fail like all the rest have.
Big Red wont last 4 more years if KC goes on a losing jag.

KC will run his big axx off and promote some obscure position coach rumored to have teams lined up to interview him for Head Coach, but nobody can name a single team. Realtalk.

Carrol had a history of not " letting Russ cook" but picked that play and time to go for it.

What a clown call.

Seattle had 1 more timeout and 26 seconds left. It was 2nd down in 4 down territory. The ONLY throw is out of the back or sides of the endzone stopping the clock and protecting the ball if its not caught.

Defense of that ill advised play call is a joke.
Passing was the correct call in that situation. With a pass, if it falls incomplete, then very little time is taken off the clock, allowing you to run the ball on 3rd and 4th if you want, giving you an open playbook. If you run it and get stopped, like just happened on the previous play, you have to burn your last TO, and are forced to pass it, making it predictable.

It just didn't work out. Great play by Malcolm.

Some player might beat the crap out of him on the sideline.

Kelce showed Fatso whose Boss.

Hes done a good job relating to Rashee Rice.

After Rice crashed his Lamborghini due to racing his crew got all the guns and drugs out of the car to make the getaway. Thats how you do it.

Big Red wont last 4 more years if KC goes on a losing jag.

KC will run his big axx off and promote some obscure position coach rumored to have teams lined up to interview him for Head Coach, but nobody can name a single team. Realtalk.
Get back on your meds, you sound hysterical.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
Passing was the correct call in that situation. With a pass, if it falls incomplete, then very little time is taken off the clock, allowing you to run the ball on 3rd and 4th if you want, giving you an open playbook. If you run it and get stopped, like just happened on the previous play, you have to burn your last TO, and are forced to pass it, making it predictable.

It just didn't work out. Great play by Malcolm.
Hilarious

Nobody defends that play call.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
Over the years he had so much built up equity with the organization rightly so. He absolutely hands down is the best to ever do it. However the other hat he wore as GM is what sped up the process. Absolutely agree McDaniels did a masterful job coaching in 2018. That AFCCG at KC 3 consecutive 3rd downs was just so Brady...

I've said personally that had we had similar production at the QB position that we had in 2019 last season we'd be a playoff team.

I can bet you Brissett would likely be a better option as a bridge than what we had at the position last 2 seasons.

I don't disagree there. its sort of like a chicken and egg sort of thing. Mac did himself no favors, but there were other issues at hand as well.

Bill was a good GM until about 2013-2014. not sure what happened. that second dynasty was built on amazing drafts from 2009-2012

I don't disagree there. its sort of like a chicken and egg sort of thing. Mac did himself no favors, but there were other issues at hand as well.

Bill was a good GM until about 2013-2014. not sure what happened. that second dynasty was built on amazing drafts from 2009-2012
Absolutely agree! I believe this time around the organization is taking more strategic, thought out approaches. As fans it may be frustrating for us to see, but as Curran said the offseason was an untangling of everything bill.. the guy ran everything! I believe we as the fan we have to realize that sometimes.

Well sorta. Bill kept drafting and bringing in players as if Brady was still the QB. That first year, they baby gloved Mac and he did decent without having to do much, but if things got rough he was overwelmed, and then I guess they thought, hey, lets give him some more and see what happens. then Mac became a 10 year old girl with a skinned knee. Macs main issue was he is mentally tough as cotton. You can tell the great mental QB's that have played. It never mattered what was around them, who got hurt, what pressures, how they played one game or one play. They kept going, they kept making the team as good as it could be. Mac cannot do that. He needs a lot of things to be working around him or he folds rather quickly. Brady could handle those things, and BB knew it, Mac could no. I do not blame Mac on Bill at all. I never understood why some fans just could not fathom that sometimes QB's dont work out well in the NFL.

Hilarious

Nobody defends that play call.
Belichick defended the call, so did many others. It was not a bad call, it was not executed. Thats really what things come down to. If a coach makes a call and the players execute it, they are a genius and the media will come up with every reason it was a amazing call. If the players dont execute it, then the coach is an idiot and they will find every way to say why it was bad. The clock was ticking, they had 1 time out, they were going to have to pass at one point anyway. NE is setup in run stop goalline thinking a run was coming. Seattle called a play that had worked for them all year, that would be a TD or an incomplete which would stop the clock, save a timeout and give them two more plays if needed, then they could run, if they still didnt get it they have a timeout. Butler made a great play, thats why it failed. Players make plays, players execute, Butler did, Seattle didnt. Had butler not made the play, all you would hear is what a genius call it was, Bill was outcoached, why didnt he call Timeout, etc etc.

Belichick defended the call, so did many others. It was not a bad call, it was not executed. Thats really what things come down to. If a coach makes a call and the players execute it, they are a genius and the media will come up with every reason it was a amazing call. If the players dont execute it, then the coach is an idiot and they will find every way to say why it was bad. The clock was ticking, they had 1 time out, they were going to have to pass at one point anyway. NE is setup in run stop goalline thinking a run was coming. Seattle called a play that had worked for them all year, that would be a TD or an incomplete which would stop the clock, save a timeout and give them two more plays if needed, then they could run, if they still didnt get it they have a timeout. Butler made a great play, thats why it failed. Players make plays, players execute, Butler did, Seattle didnt. Had butler not made the play, all you would hear is what a genius call it was, Bill was outcoached, why didnt he call Timeout, etc etc.
BB never creates a sideshow controversy via media comments.

He never called out another Head Coach.

Terrible play call that lost Carrol the game.

The clock was ticking, they had 1 time out, they were going to have to pass at one point anyway. NE is setup in run stop goalline thinking a run was coming. Seattle called a play that had worked for them all year, that would be a TD or an incomplete which would stop the clock, save a timeout and give them two more plays if needed, then they could run, if they still didnt get it they have a timeout.

Perfect logic for passing in that situation. Which is why they made the wrong decision and should have run the ball.

Yes unnecessary drama and horrendous backstabbing.
I wish more of the Patriot's from his era here would speak up.
Kraft has been exposed as a petty man caring only about his legacy.
He's a great philanthropist and a petty owner ... how can a Dynasty show be made with so little Belichick love?

I don't care how big of an a-hole BB was, you don't kick a guy when he's down like this. Mayo and Kraft are a hard team to root for right now.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back