PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mayo calls out BB for Mac Jones failures

Survive? Isn't that a bit dramatic? I enjoy sports as a diversion, it does not affect my real life that much. The biggest change is that no one wants to go to the bar for games, or have a watch party. Probably better to suffer in isolation LOL.

There are numerous reports of Mayo conducting himself as the next head coach last year, including the baseball bat nonsense. If you don't understand how that undermined BB then you don't understand organizational behavior. It is no different than a senior leader losing their grip on the group in a corporate setting.
Yes, there were hit pieces on Mayo. Who do you think leaked those and why? Those leaks came out, AFTER the Curran report on the Germany game being the one where Bill was done. Mayo specifically addressed those in a press conference.

There was obvious dysfunction in the building from several quarters (coaches, staff, players, etc.). Bill had lost the building. There is zero evidence that Mayo was undermining Bill, when all of the dysfunction was on the O side of the ball, an area he wasn't involved in.

I find it interesting that once Bill left the building, there was a collective sigh of relief from those that remained. All of Bill's loyalists either had to find a job in the college ranks or remain unemployed (there may be 1 ST coach that found an NFL job).

True and some left. No doubt that some who stayed are Mayo guys and others were sick of working under BB. None of that changes the fact that Mayo acted differently after he officially became coach in waiting. Mayo is more ambitious and driven in ways that JMD is not. At the end of the day it does not matter, Mayo is the coach now. It is extremely unlikely that Mayo will have the success that BB had so continuing to take shots only sets him up for failure if the team struggles.
How do you know this? Based on reports leaked from Bill loyalists that had an interest in undermining Mayo, once they saw the writing on the wall?

It didn't seem to bother the players, who overwhelmingly supported his being named HC. It certainly hasn't been reflected in the good working relationship between Mayo and Wolf. He seems to have Kraft's entire confidence. Both players and coaches interviewed by Mayo have lauded him for his insight and questions. People across the league looked at his promotion as well deserved and some HCs have said he'll be successful.

Now, if what you mean to say is that Mayo acts different than Bill, then I agree. Mayo has a different approach than Bill on interacting with the players, coaches and FO staff. We'll have to wait and see if his approach pays dividends.

I do not understand how people talk about offense and defense like they are 2 separate things. You cannot run a defense WITHOUT having an intimate knowledge about the offense, its concepts and goals, and how iit operates. Just as offensive coaches have to fully understand defenses and what to expect. It is NOT one or the other. Josh McDaniels started his coaching career on defense.

Now as we have seen from the Patricia experiment it doesn't necessarily work out, But that can be for a LOT of reasons, but I doubt it was because of a lack of knowledge. BTW- for the children in the room who might have been too young to remember, Tom Brady's QB coach for those first 2 critical years of his career was none other than Bill Bellichick,
Nobody is discussing the point you're trying to make. At all.

They have these ready-made excuses for this "rebuild" if things go south and it takes a few years until the Pats make the playoffs.
Any reasonable person that has been observing the status of the team expects that.

They have their goat (no pun intended) to blame for it if Mayo doesn't set things straight right away.
No reasonable person is expecting things to get straight right away.

It's already started since the burning cash in FA didn't work out. It's Bill's fault that Ridley, or any other top FA, didn't want to sign here.
I don't know of anyone that's made that claim.

It will be Bill's fault if we draft the wrong QB as he won one too many games and had to settle for the no. 3 pick. Just think how sick the bashing would be if he beat the Jets and the Pats had the no.4 pick. Ouch!!
Your entire post is nonsense. You sound paranoid af.

One of the singular DUMBEST posts I've seen in the 25 years I've been posting here. Congratulations. You have a future in radio

Maybe you have too many of us on ignore? You're missing out on some entertainment Ken, 'cause I see much dumber **** than that here on the daily. Hell, hourly even.

Haha you stayed up way past your bedtime to write all that? Bill was the guy who drafted all the players on defense, and it was the 2 Belichick kids who ran the defensive side of the ball !!! Mayo just a Kraft latchkey kid, spent the last few years slowly undermining Bill “The Great” until he got a chance to take over. Hey I hope I’m wrong … but pressures on Mayo now to win at least 2 out of the next 4 Super Bowls!! See how great this guy can be!!! Let’s go Pats !!!
Haha, nice try, but your trolling sucks. It's a bit over the top. Try to be more subtle.

Yes unnecessary drama and horrendous backstabbing.
I wish more of the Patriot's from his era here would speak up.
Kraft has been exposed as a petty man caring only about his legacy.
He's a great philanthropist and a petty owner ... how can a Dynasty show be made with so little Belichick love?
Honestly, my first thoughts about Kraft, fair or not, is how he hung Brady and BB out to dry during Spygate and Inflategate, rather than stand behind them, particularly during Inflategate which DID NOT HAPPEN!

Whatever it takes to get to the HOF, right Bob?

Yes, there were hit pieces on Mayo. Who do you think leaked those and why? Those leaks came out, AFTER the Curran report on the Germany game being the one where Bill was done. Mayo specifically addressed those in a press conference.

There was obvious dysfunction in the building from several quarters (coaches, staff, players, etc.). Bill had lost the building. There is zero evidence that Mayo was undermining Bill, when all of the dysfunction was on the O side of the ball, an area he wasn't involved in.

I find it interesting that once Bill left the building, there was a collective sigh of relief from those that remained. All of Bill's loyalists either had to find a job in the college ranks or remain unemployed (there may be 1 ST coach that found an NFL job).
There was a sigh of relief when Bill Parcells left the building and was was replaced by Pete Carroll too.

Just sayin’.

Here’s the thing. Mayo’s now drawn the line. If whoever we draft doesn’t develop, 100% will he be held accountable and summarily fired.

If these bozos draft JJ at #3 then we might as well start looking for new coaches and GM.

One of the singular DUMBEST posts I've seen in the 25 years I've been posting here. Congratulations. You have a future in radio
How kind of you. I do have a face for radio. It’s my Tourette’s that could get me in trouble.

How kind of you. I do have a face for radio. It’s my Tourette’s that could get me in trouble.
That would be a problem. But those stations DO have buzzers and I'm sure there is some medication available. Don't give up.

How do you know this? Based on reports leaked from Bill loyalists that had an interest in undermining Mayo, once they saw the writing on the wall?

It didn't seem to bother the players, who overwhelmingly supported his being named HC. It certainly hasn't been reflected in the good working relationship between Mayo and Wolf. He seems to have Kraft's entire confidence. Both players and coaches interviewed by Mayo have lauded him for his insight and questions. People across the league looked at his promotion as well deserved and some HCs have said he'll be successful.

Now, if what you mean to say is that Mayo acts different than Bill, then I agree. Mayo has a different approach than Bill on interacting with the players, coaches and FO staff. We'll have to wait and see if his approach pays dividends.
LOL, talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Everyone is at the mercy of what we have access to in the media. If the standard for posting was verified facts this place would be silent.

Honestly, my first thoughts about Kraft, fair or not, is how he hung Brady and BB out to dry during Spygate and Inflategate, rather than stand behind them, particularly during Inflategate which DID NOT HAPPEN!

Whatever it takes to get to the HOF, right Bob?
He went from millionaire to billionaire on the backs of others. His loyalty is to the the brand of Benjamins. Nough said …

Team Bill has lost their ****. Some of them are actually hoping Mayo/Wolf fail so they can blame Kraft, in a delusional attempt to get him to re-hire Bill. It's quite hilarious.
Belichick is never coming back to the Pats. Lay off the pipe.

It's a 50 - 50 proposition if BB ever sets foot in Foxboro again if Bob Kraft is still breathing.

And, Kraft has proven to be a poor judge of talent. Pete Carrol sucked axx and was a players HC like you know who. Buddies and business don't mix. Did not mix then and does not work now.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
Belichick is never coming back to the NFL. Lay off the pipe.
FIFY

It's a 50 - 50 proposition if BB ever sets foot in Foxboro again if Bob Kraft is still breathing.
His loss.

And, Kraft has proven to be a poor judge of talent. Pete Carrol sucked axx and was a players HC like you know who. Buddies and business don't mix. Did not mix then and does not work now.
Carroll had a better record (Reg & Plyoff) his 3 years than Bill had his last 4.

After Belichick has a much needed vacation away from the grind of the NFL he will be recharged and ready to accept one of the numerous offers to HC/GM an NFL team again.

Right now is the time for the chihuahuas like Thunder and Mayo to nip at his ankles and brag how great they will be.

The low information fans love this kind of talk and bravado from people who have accomplished nothing.
His loss.
More bologna and chips for other people.
Carroll had a better record (Reg & Plyoff) his 3 years than Bill had his last 4.
Is that why Thunder kicked Pom Pom Pete to curb after 3 seasons. He lasted as long as Corky Mac Jones another Kraft success story.

Carrol took over Parcells Super Bowl team and won 1 post season game. His players coaching style was a joke. Playing shirts and skins B Ball with the players post practice. Dew Bledsoe jumped into a mosh pit and injured someone. Pom Pom posed for Thunder in the Pats Pro Shop catalog modeling the latest in fashion.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
Hey I hope I’m wrong … but pressures on Mayo now to win at least 2 out of the next 4 Super Bowls!! See how great this guy can be!!! Let’s go Pats !!!
There is no pressure on Mayo for anything. He’s a rookie HC inheriting a lousy football team that his predecessor built.

With each passing day, any optimism that I had regarding May as HC (and there wasn't much to begin with) is pretty much down to nothing now. I know that a change needed to be made with BB, but this outright back stabbing and venom has got to stop, whether it's the Kraft's or Mayo, it needs to end NOW!!!
The damage has been done.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back