PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mayo calls out BB for Mac Jones failures

Team Bill has lost their ****. Some of them are actually hoping Mayo/Wolf fail so they can blame Kraft, in a delusional attempt to get him to re-hire Bill. It's quite hilarious.
It is very funny, a guy like Mayo who's been here past 16 years.. entrenched in the organization, bill who lobbied for him to be a HC one day.. ppl are questioning the defense lol.. I have to believe anything we see going forward after draft day has to be far more promising than the last 3 seasons.

I think a lot of what Mayo says is not a dig at Bill, per se, but it's him talking to the locker room, and future locker rooms, players who might come here, either via the draft or FA. He's delivering the message that things will 100% be different down on Route 1, and he's using the media to do that. Bill did not use the media in such a manner. It's just a different style of leadership.
Once Mayo realizes the media will make his job harder , especially up here in New England, he will learn to keep more things in house. Definitely an interesting dynamic moving forward

People are reading waaaaaaay to much into this... Mayo's a bill guy, he can never disrespect bill, and everything he's meant to this organization and the league. Mayo's being himself and he will make his own name as a HC. He's telling it like is.
Ok.. did someone else draft mayo? I get what your saying.. but mangina was disloyal to Bill... we know what happened.. mayo was a player and coach under the best to ever do it.. again some just read way to much into everything mayo says.. heads need to relax and focus on the team getting back to winning. All I'm saying brother!
Following the breadcrumbs, it's quite clear Mayo had a clause in his contract that he would be the successor to Bill. So to help get the process started sooner, he went Jim Tomsula on Bill and leaked the dirty laundry to Curran. It's quite funny how Curran called Bill getting fired and Mayo hired before anyone else. I wonder how he got that info?

Following the breadcrumbs, it's quite clear Mayo had a clause in his contract that he would be the successor to Bill. So to help get the process started sooner, he went Jim Tomsula on Bill and leaked the dirty laundry to Curran. It's quite funny how Curran called Bill getting fired and Mayo hired before anyone else. I wonder how he got that info?
You have a good point. I've said personally that Curran is the most dialed in reporter around the team! Curran even mentioned he's vacationed with Bill, been to Brady and Kraft residence many times.
He is basically an honorary member of the Kraft family pretty much. The thing is Bill oversaw all contracts to coaches, staffers, anyway associated with the team. He knew Mayo's contract had a succession clause. McDaniels contract had one in it as well is why he spurned indy. I just want mayo to be a great coach, and lead this team back into contention.

Why couldn't it have been Jonathan. Mayo was in no position to be doing stuff like this. What would be his upside vs the dire downside he would face had it gotten out. Makes no sense.

If you recall, people leaked to Beddard that Mayo was turning people off in the building. He obviously was a target by some of Bill's guys. The ridiculous story about the baseball bat (it was a mini bat), etc.

The fight was between the Krafts (especially Jonathan) and Bill. They wanted him gone. They controlled the narrative. Mayo already stood to benefit, so he had zero reason to leak stuff like that. That's a lazy take.

With each passing day, any optimism that I had regarding May as HC (and there wasn't much to begin with) is pretty much down to nothing now. I know that a change needed to be made with BB, but this outright back stabbing and venom has got to stop, whether it's the Kraft's or Mayo, it needs to end NOW!!!

He talks alot. Better back it up.

We've got to stop interpreting every quote from Wolf, Mayo, and Kraft as a direct shot at Belichick.

I think that'd be the case if Mayo said nothing at all. Unless you win, you eventually get fired.
The current environment is so unknown that all of the quoted posts are true. Mayo and Wolf need the benefit of the doubt to have the opportunity to be successful while they also need to STFU about how they are an evolutionary stage above BB. Time will tell if the Kraft/Mayo/Wolf will have what it takes to launch the next dynasty.

The current environment is so unknown that all of the quoted posts are true. Mayo and Wolf need the benefit of the doubt to have the opportunity to be successful while they also need to STFU about how they are an evolutionary stage above BB. Time will tell if the Kraft/Mayo/Wolf will have what it takes to launch the next dynasty.
Is that the measure? You either become a dynasty or you fail? How about becoming a contender and winning a SB every decade or so. Would that be considered a failure? I'm honestly asking to see what people's expectations may be.

At this point, I'd be content with the team not being ass.

You have a good point. I've said personally that Curran is the most dialed in reporter around the team! Curran even mentioned he's vacationed with Bill, been to Brady and Kraft residence many times.
He is basically an honorary member of the Kraft family pretty much. The thing is Bill oversaw all contracts to coaches, staffers, anyway associated with the team. He knew Mayo's contract had a succession clause. McDaniels contract had one in it as well is why he spurned indy. I just want mayo to be a great coach, and lead this team back into contention.
FWIW, I think Mayo is smart guy who is driven to be successful. I have no issues with him being the HC of the NEP. I do have concerns that he leveraged his coach in waiting status to undermine BB, where JMD did not. Clearly the on field results created a different climate. It is also worth considering that Mayo's ruthlessness is an indication that he has what it takes to be a HC in the NFL where JMD does not have the required killer instinct.

Is that the measure? You either become a dynasty or you fail? How about becoming a contender and winning a SB every decade or so. Would that be considered a failure? I'm honestly asking to see what people's expectations may be.

Even if it is unrealistic, I prefer to wish for a return to the great years. Year over year that should be the measure for all Patriots teams going forward. In the meantime enjoy each season for what it brings.

Even if it is unrealistic, I prefer to wish for a return to the great years. Year over year that should be the measure for all Patriots teams going forward. In the meantime enjoy each season for what it brings.
How did you survive the last 4 seasons?

FWIW, I think Mayo is smart guy who is driven to be successful. I have no issues with him being the HC of the NEP. I do have concerns that he leveraged his coach in waiting status to undermine BB, where JMD did not. Clearly the on field results created a different climate. It is also worth considering that Mayo's ruthlessness is an indication that he has what it takes to be a HC in the NFL where JMD does not have the required killer instinct.
Please explain how exactly Mayo undermined BB. From what I saw, the D was the only unit that was actually balling.

We've learned that the O, from the coaches to the players was a dysfunctional **** show. Yet, it was Mayo that undermined BB? I hope you have receipts to back up your defamatory comments.

How did you survive the last 4 seasons?
Survive? Isn't that a bit dramatic? I enjoy sports as a diversion, it does not affect my real life that much. The biggest change is that no one wants to go to the bar for games, or have a watch party. Probably better to suffer in isolation LOL.
Please explain how exactly Mayo undermined BB. From what I saw, the D was the only unit that was actually balling.

We've learned that the O, from the coaches to the players was a dysfunctional **** show. Yet, it was Mayo that undermined BB? I hope you have receipts to back up your defamatory comments.
There are numerous reports of Mayo conducting himself as the next head coach last year, including the baseball bat nonsense. If you don't understand how that undermined BB then you don't understand organizational behavior. It is no different than a senior leader losing their grip on the group in a corporate setting.

Survive? Isn't that a bit dramatic? I enjoy sports as a diversion, it does not affect my real life that much. The biggest change is that no one wants to go to the bar for games, or have a watch party. Probably better to suffer in isolation LOL.

There are numerous reports of Mayo conducting himself as the next head coach last year, including the baseball bat nonsense. If you don't understand how that undermined BB then you don't understand organizational behavior. It is no different than a senior leader losing their grip on the group in a corporate setting.
Lot of the staff stayed, so guess they weren't that bothered by it.

Lot of the staff stayed, so guess they weren't that bothered by it.
True and some left. No doubt that some who stayed are Mayo guys and others were sick of working under BB. None of that changes the fact that Mayo acted differently after he officially became coach in waiting. Mayo is more ambitious and driven in ways that JMD is not. At the end of the day it does not matter, Mayo is the coach now. It is extremely unlikely that Mayo will have the success that BB had so continuing to take shots only sets him up for failure if the team struggles.

I do not understand how people talk about offense and defense like they are 2 separate things. You cannot run a defense WITHOUT having an intimate knowledge about the offense, its concepts and goals, and how iit operates. Just as offensive coaches have to fully understand defenses and what to expect. It is NOT one or the other. Josh McDaniels started his coaching career on defense.

Now as we have seen from the Patricia experiment it doesn't necessarily work out, But that can be for a LOT of reasons, but I doubt it was because of a lack of knowledge. BTW- for the children in the room who might have been too young to remember, Tom Brady's QB coach for those first 2 critical years of his career was none other than Bill Bellichick,

Last edited:
They have these ready-made excuses for this "rebuild" if things go south and it takes a few years until the Pats make the playoffs. They have their goat (no pun intended) to blame for it if Mayo doesn't set things straight right away. It's already started since the burning cash in FA didn't work out. It's Bill's fault that Ridley, or any other top FA, didn't want to sign here. It will be Bill's fault if we draft the wrong QB as he won one too many games and had to settle for the no. 3 pick. Just think how sick the bashing would be if he beat the Jets and the Pats had the no.4 pick. Ouch!!

Haha you stayed up way past your bedtime to write all that? Bill was the guy who drafted all the players on defense, and it was the 2 Belichick kids who ran the defensive side of the ball !!! Mayo just a Kraft latchkey kid, spent the last few years slowly undermining Bill “The Great” until he got a chance to take over. Hey I hope I’m wrong … but pressures on Mayo now to win at least 2 out of the next 4 Super Bowls!! See how great this guy can be!!! Let’s go Pats !!!

I respect that. I just don't believe mayo undermined Bill at all. See the players stopped responding and buying in. Mcourty even said as much. He felt a drastic shift in the locker the last 2 seasons.. he said it started in 2022 with the Patricia experiment where players even on defense felt like it wasn't in the best interest of the team. Things like that then 2023 totally going south is what escalated things. It was just time for both Bill and organization to part. Mayo and SB kept that defense rolling under the watch of Bill.

Venecol as the voice of reason... dafuq???
I guess what they say is true, if you live long enough you'll see most everything come to pass. Or maybe the old saying that applies to this is the one about the blind squirrel?

Haha you stayed up way past your bedtime to write all that? Bill was the guy who drafted all the players on defense, and it was the 2 Belichick kids who ran the defensive side of the ball !!! Mayo just a Kraft latchkey kid, spent the last few years slowly undermining Bill “The Great” until he got a chance to take over. Hey I hope I’m wrong … but pressures on Mayo now to win at least 2 out of the next 4 Super Bowls!! See how great this guy can be!!! Let’s go Pats !!!
One of the singular DUMBEST posts I've seen in the 25 years I've been posting here. Congratulations. You have a future in radio

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back