Welcome to PatsFans.com

Peyton Being A Douche

Discussion in 'NFL Football Forum' started by Wildo7, Apr 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +32 / 2 / -0

2. BradyManny

BradyManny Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

What's he yelling at Saturday for? I can't even tell.

Honestly, I know every athlete acts like a douche at some point and these outbursts happen (well, this one is kind of funnier than most... :D ) but Peyton seriously seems like he can be a bigger d-bag than most.
  3. Hok

Hok Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I cannot fathom Brady acting like that to his teammates during a game. :eek:

We are so lucky.
  4. Patriots Nation NY

Patriots Nation NY Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Yeah right .. I bet Brady rips some ass on the sidelines..
  5. Afterlifemobile-86

Afterlifemobile-86 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Yup, and he had every right to do it during superbowl 42 and after to throw them (O-line) under the bus and didn't.
  6. upstater1

upstater1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

I can't fathom Koppen telling him to call running plays.

I can't fathom say, Neal telling him to sit his arse down.

Wow, the guy is not as respected as I thought.
  7. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

He seemed to be yelling at Saterday about calling a play? But Peyaton backed away from #78 pretty fast and sat down.
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2008
  8. richpats

richpats Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

He was too busy seething from the pain in his ankle.
  9. Hok

Hok Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I don't mean Brady doesn't get on his teammates at times if things are going bad, but I have to believe he does it in a more constructive way than that.
  10. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

That clip describes all you need to know about Peyton Manning.

I hope it gets 1+ million views.
  11. patsfan39

patsfan39 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

you don't think brady does that either? I've seen him yell at his receivers during games and I'm sure he yells at his o-linemen from time to time, they just don't show it on tv.
  12. Disco Volante

Disco Volante Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

What's the big deal if he yelled at his teammates during a game? He runs the show on offense and if he feels he needs to yell at somebody to get the point across, that's up to him. An entire week of practice and obsessive planning culminates in those three hours during the game and it's not a time to worry about hurting Jeff Saturday's feelings. They're all pros and I'm sure they made up right after the game was over.

Plus this is actually from the Colts episode of America’s Game for their Super Bowl season so I think things turned out all right.

Rest assure if Kopen was ever over-ruling Brady ON the field, he's going to raise hell and re-assert himself as the leader.
  13. PatsFan24

PatsFan24 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

i know brady has yelled at teamates before, the game at miami in 2006 is the first one i remember. i think there were other games that he was clearly unhappy with some teamates.
  14. jman924

jman924 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Tarik Glenn (Future Hall of Fame Left Tackle): "Don't tell us how to block!"
    Peyton: "No, we're cool!" (Translation="Please don't kill me!")
  15. TealSox

TealSox Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Way to be a leader Mr. Manning! For a second, I thought that was Ryan Leaf freaking out and screaming like a kid.
  16. Drewwho

Drewwho Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I am not a fan of Peyton's, but I see absolutely nothing wrong with what he is doing here. He is the leader and has every right to scream at his OL if they F up or even if they don't. It's an emotional outburst and comes from passion. You bet your arse that Tom Brady does the same thing and I bet Tom gets even more in his WR's and OL's faces. Hell, I've seen him yell at the defense on the sidelines from time to time.

The guys on both teams really admire and respect these two QB's. They are both leaders and at the top of their games and have earned that right!
  17. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

He does it differently. Brady doesn't try to imbarres his team mates in front of each other. He almost always say "WE" need to play better not "YOU" screwed up.
  18. Cartwright

Cartwright Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

HAHA!! I love that, thanks for posting. Nice to see Peyton has some moxey and is willing to speak up and lead and show some emotion! Kinda like Brady having a fit on HIS sideline in '05. Again, great post, thanks.
  19. ausbacker

ausbacker Brady > Manning. PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0

#51 Jersey

I think the Brady rose coloured glasses need to be taken off. If Saturday deserved a serve for changing the play, so be it. I'm sure TB has had a crack at our O-Line indeed for poor performance.

I see nothing wrong with what Peyton did, and illustrates he understands the game of football well and calls the shots onfield (apart from the coaching staff)... not anyone else.

That said, I really dislike the Colts ;)
  20. 363839

363839 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

That post was funny as hell.
    Of course Brady will get in a players face
    if he feels he isn't doing his job.
    But, I don't think, like that.
  21. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -7

The fact is it's a well known fact Peyton "blames" his team mates and Brady never, ever has.

That is the key difference. Brady will never point his finger. He is more apt to take the blame. I think we all know Brady has a lot more character as a leader than 'ol Peyton.
  22. Keegs

Keegs Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

what a ******* douchebag
  23. upstater1

upstater1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

Most of you are missing the point.

It's not a surprise that Peyton is yelling at his guys, and I'm sure Brady does it too.

It's that his own teammates apparently think he's a douche. Saturday is talking back to him and telling him to call a running play once in a while, Glenn is telling him to sit his arse down. Is he respected the way Brady is? I don't think so.
  24. fnordcircle

fnordcircle tfw not enough helmets PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 2 / -4

I love Tom but you've got to be kidding me. Was I the only one watching last year when the Patriots, up big and running up the score, had to take a TO at the LOS (or maybe it was a penalty) and Tom flipped out and shouted 'You have got to be f'ing killing me'.

The fact of the matter is that these are big boys with egos and competitive natures so yeah, they are going to get on each other's cases. I've definitely seen Tom do it.

I remember years ago when we were all excited because Bledsoe got in Brisby's face one game and everyone was like 'holy **** actual emotion from Drew' like it was a positive.

I hate Peyton but only because he's a great QB on our team's biggest rival. There's nothing about this clip that seems bad to me.
  25. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -7

No, I wasn't kidding at all. There is a huge difference in the way Tom Brady handles himself on the field and the way he viewed by his teammates when compared to Peyton.

That is not a homer opinion, it's the truth.
  26. JoeShmoe

JoeShmoe Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You can bet a million dollars that Saturday would rather be snapping to Peyton than say Kyle Boller

If you guys dont think that team and OL dont respect Manning youre nuts ...

Im sure if there really was a problem it would be Saturday who was off .. one leader on that offense and they all know who it is
  27. Patslifer

Patslifer Banned

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

No its not.... You have to love this board, random internet jockeys claiming they know how Tom's teamates feel about him.Honestly, I hate payton as much as the next guy, but please stop acting like this video makes him a bad guy.

Pretty sure things like this happen to all pro's, and I would highly doubt Brady has never been in the same type of situation. Manning has that competative fire that guys like Brady have. Saturday and Manning are close like brothers, and sometimes brother's take frustrations out on one another. Manning is highly respected by his players, and suggesting otherwise is dumb and homer driven. Anyone who had ever played competative sports at a high level knows that when you put a bunch of alpha males in one place, at one time, and things are not going well, things like that happen.
  28. Patslifer

Patslifer Banned

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I agree, some people on this board are ludacris.
  29. upstater1

upstater1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

Really? He's on here? Tell him I love his music. Did he just join in April 2008? Is he really a Patriots fan?
  30. upstater1

upstater1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

Until I saw that clip, I thought they did. After seeing that clip, I think they don't.

What the heck doe Kyle Boller have to do with it?

You think the Red Sox players respect Manny? They don't. That doesn't mean they'd rather see him replaced with Matt Stairs.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.