PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King: NFL Exec "Way over the top. Draconian"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even the largest Anti-Pats executives are smart enough to look at this and say, "that much over that little evidence? He could do that to us, too."

Absolutely. How would you like to lose a MILLION DOLLARS based on "more probably than not" and "were generally aware"? And then have incredibly valuable draft picks taken away on top of that? And then have the face of your franchise thrown under the bus? All over what amounts to too much pine tar on the bat?

And in all of this, Roger Goodell hands out the biggest fines ever and sends out Troy Vincent to do the dirty work?

I hope we're seeing the end of Roger Goodell right here and right now.

I am looking forward to seeing this played out in court. I fully expect New England to be exonerated, and Goodell to be so hurt that his position as commissioner is untenable and he's forced to resign or get fired.

New England will, in all likelihood, file for an injunction against the league to prevent any suspensions from going forth until an appeal can be heard, and for a lawsuit to be filed to restore the draft picks and eliminate the fine.

With the "evidence" presented in the Wells report, there is simply no basis to support any of the punishments handed down.

Third guy was probably Ryan Grigson.

The third guy thought it was draconian, over the top and went too far. The 2nd guy is the one you want.

The third guy thought it was draconian, over the top and went too far. The 2nd guy is the one you want.
I just meant whichever of the three disagreed, lol I'll fix the post

I'm surprised 2 out of 3 thought it was excessive also because it should have been 3 out of 3. It's a minor infraction in a league that is based of vicious competition. It's hypocritical beyond belief in a league where the cost of playing is often permanent brain damage. What are they on drugs at the commissioners office?
Second exec was from either the colts or the jets.

Second exec was from either the colts or the jets.
Definitely a Jet. They are the ones who hate us the most and would be expressing glee at every chance they got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3