PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King - "New England fans have an inferiority complex"

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should really make it right. It's important.

When someone is an idiot, I don't call him an ahole. When someone is a mofo, I don't call him an arse. When someone is a jerk, I call him a jerk. If you call someone a punk and they are a twit, you sound like you don't know what you're talking about. It's more effective to call a spade a spade. Patriot fans can be accused of a lot of things, but we don't suffer from our team's suckiness.

I don't have any problem with what Peter said but he just described(on EEI) a persecution complex....o_O

Side note: Interesting, how does Peter not at least know when they had their kids. I'm pretty sure when we played the Colts in 2011 and theirs pregame footage of TB talking with Peyton about his kids before the game. I know another poster put some dates up as well, it's not like the info is hard to find but maybe he has a giant work load who knows....

Yep, just found the vid

Last edited:
The thing that gets me about how people accuse Brady is that it comes from only two things:

1. A lie
2. Stupidity

The lie is Kensil's, that the balls were 10.1 PSI.

The stupidity comes from all those who watched Brady's press conference and concluded that he said he can't tell the difference between a deflated ball and a proper ball. In fact, besides swearing he had nothing to do with deflation, Brady pointed out that he really likes the balls at 12.5 PSI and that he instructed the equipment guys to put the ball at that. He described this as optimal, and that it feels better than a ball at 13.5 or whatever. The stupidity comes in when knuckleheads and criminals like Brunell and Warren Sapp hear Brady saying to Ron Borges, "I couldn't tell the difference," but the context of the Borges question is whether Brady could tell the difference during the game, because after all D'Qwell Jackson could tell the difference (though he couldn't). Borges' info was all wrong. He thought the LB could tell the difference, he didn't even imagine the NFL's sting operation which they tried to cover-up. This is pure stupidity from the media and the likes of Peter King.

Peter King on WEEI should simply be asked if, for instance, the league office is not biased against the Patriots, as King claims, why did they try to cover p the sting operation with lies, why did they lie about what Brady said about his phone calls to the equipment guys?

I don't have any problem with what Peter said but he just described a persecution complex....o_O

Side note: Interesting, how does Peter not at least know when they had their kids. I'm pretty sure when we played the Colts in 2011 and theirs pregame footage of TB talking with Peyton about his kids before the game.

Yep, just found the vid

Yes- as a fan base there are some here that do suffer from persecution complex. Can't blame us really....

Hearing King on the Eisen show was pathetic. "I'm going to sit back and listen to what people have to say." Really?

What does that mean? To me, it means allowing someone else to do the digging and you pick a position that best aligns with your agenda.

Most everyone - including King in the press called Brady a cheater without proof. Are people apprehensive now in calling PM a cheater without proof? Its a total double standard.

The other thing here is that b/c of Deflategate and everyone jumping to conclusions (based on lies) they may be a bit more cautious this time around.

However, if HGH was delivered to Gisele in a house say in NY LA, etc....the press would be hanging him far worse than they are to Manning.

His thinking is assbackwards, if he can't understand the difference in treatment he's obtuse. Funny listening to him mutter and stutter.
You're right. I just heard most of the King interview with ****erson and Price and he was stuttering like Billy Bibbit in One Flew Over the ****oo's Nest (dating myself, once again.) He's a dink.

No inferiority complex on my part. I have had the privilege of rooting for the greatest sports dynasty of all time, the greatest NBA player of all time, the best hockey player of all time, and the greatest QB of all time playing for a team who is coached by the greatest football coach of all time and whose continued excellence is unrivaled in NFL history. (I'm sure I'm leaving some things out so let me just add et cetera).

And, yes, we Bostonians/New Englanders go to a LOT of parades.

So there's nothing to for me to feel inferior about at all.

What I do have is a low tolerance for the laziness, dishonesty and outright ******** that is routinely peddled by King and others in The Sporting Press in the name of sensationalism and internet clicks. Pandering to mouth-breathers who continue well into their 30s and 40s to play on their mother's computer in the basement is a cynical, wasteful and intellectually bankrupt undertaking and anyone who does it for a living should be ashamed of themselves, Mr. King.

I heard King's interview while I was in the car. He really didn't do himself any favors with that.

****erson blew it completely...let that blowhard right off the hook

"what's the difference between deflategate and Manning gate, Peter?"

"well, deflategate there was the immediate reported underinflation of 11 balls"

jeezus...****erson HAD HIM right there. There isn't one member of this board (except for Scumslime Spammy) that wouldn't have ROASTED King like a pig on a spit after THAT blithering, stuttering explanation. ****erson is 100% trolling Patriot fans...he's a Tanguay Lite moron.

Peter had access to a dictionary, and to any number of psych books, and he came up with inferiority complex?

He must have missed his 3rd latte of the day, or something.

I simply can't wait for his next MMQB!

"Mr. Starwood Preferred Member Travel Note of the Week"

"Factoid of the Week That May Only Interest Me"

"10 Things I think I think"

Pulitzer winning journalism right there!

He has a fat gluteus maximus complex :p

I heard King's interview while I was in the car. He really didn't do himself any favors with that.

I caught about 10 minutes of it and couldn't agree with you more. It was especially funny when King used Joe Morris as proof of New England's "inferiority complex". Apparently Morris was often worried during his career about new players taking his job, and because he grew up in Massachusett, this shows that New Englanders feel inferior.

Greg Hardy is a violent maniac, and he grew up in Tennessee. Therefore, all people from Tennessee are violent maniacs. Right, Peter?

new england has a "please treat everyone the same" complex. The media isnt.

What King exhibited what what I'm starting to hear a lot locally. Which is, if you agree with anything the Pats do you are nothing but a ballwashing homer. This is a Felger ploy that he uses a lot, especially when he has Shank and Borges on. I hate it because they try to come off as WE are the voice of reason and the truth. While everyone else are just fan boys. They are so wrapped up in their own over inflated egos, they don't even realize that are insulting the greater part of their audience.

The fact is that King is a ****. His comments on WEEI only show that after a full year of information to the contrary, he STILL doesn't have the facts straight. And as for ****erson, the name says it all. He's just another local blowhard who doesn't do his homework, or doesn't want to come off as a "ballwashing homer". Either way its not a good look.

You know there are times I wonder if we all aren't overly sensative about the many slights that happen. Then we get crap like the Miami story "leaking" out just at the time the Manning story is starting to get some traction, and I become convinced AGAIN that it ain't paranoia if they are coming to get you. I'm proud that we as a fan base, generally won't tolerate unfair unjust and misinformed negative comments about our players and staff.

Let it be known, that you can't just flippantly make uninformed comments about our team and NOT be called out for it. Clearly you media brothers are man enough to do it, so the fans HAVE to pick up the slack. We want you to know, Peter, that if you want to avoid our "oversensativity" all you have to do is do your homework and tell the truth. I don't think that is an unreasonable expectation. I guess Peter and his ilk are hoping for a more docile readership. Well if he wants that, he's going to have to move to Indy. ;)

****erson is third string, but most of Boston Sports Media like them soft balls rather than that hard curve...all of Boston Sports media rarely goes after the upper echelon sports scribes.. ****erson may have been told not to make too many waves..

All of these guys are treated with kid gloves..

My fall back position on all of this is there is an undue reverence for the American sports writer.. guys like King, Mort et al largely get a pass and their work is criticized lightly. In our area at one time the local scribes were put on a pedestal.. but we had great guys Gammons, Montville, McDonough etc. Then came the really great coaches.. Parcells, BB, Francona, Doc, Julien etc. and they had to take a back seat the result as many had cases of "severe butt hurt".. this explains the vitriol or guys like Borges, the contrariness of Shaughnessy and the incessant need for attention of Tanguay, Felger and Mazz.. this is world of any attention is better than no attention, so they stay stupid stuff and somehow that translates into popularity..

I simply can't wait for his next MMQB!

"Mr. Starwood Preferred Member Travel Note of the Week"

I have always wondered if Starwood paid/compensated him in any way for the weekly plug. Dunkin pays to have their logo behind the press conferences and Gatorade pays to have their bottle on the counter at the press conferences. Is it any different? And if a journalist is receiving money to plug a product, shouldn't they disclose it???? Well Pete, how much are they paying you???

Just speaking for myself, the thing that I find the most irritating characteristic of people like King, Shank, Felger and Borges, et al is the utter contempt they feel toward us, the fans. Those people actually think we're like the gum or dog feces that are stuck on their shoe heels. The antipathy and anger they engender in me is sometimes frightening, but I guess it's just nothing more than a visceral response to being summarily dismissed as just a flock of worthless nobodies, which is undoubtedly the way they view us. Elitist bastards...

****erson is third string, but most of Boston Sports Media like them soft balls rather than that hard curve...all of Boston Sports media rarely goes after the upper echelon sports scribes.. ****erson may have been told not to make too many waves..

All of these guys are treated with kid gloves..

My fall back position on all of this is there is an undue reverence for the American sports writer.. guys like King, Mort et al largely get a pass and their work is criticized lightly. In our area at one time the local scribes were put on a pedestal.. but we had great guys Gammons, Montville, McDonough etc. Then came the really great coaches.. Parcells, BB, Francona, Doc, Julien etc. and they had to take a back seat the result as many had cases of "severe butt hurt".. this explains the vitriol or guys like Borges, the contrariness of Shaughnessy and the incessant need for attention of Tanguay, Felger and Mazz.. this is world of any attention is better than no attention, so they stay stupid stuff and somehow that translates into popularity..

I think it has to do with the evolution of communication. The writers in Sports don't write anymore....they opine, shout, tweet, etc., ad nauseum online or on radio or on some sad cable channel. Their voice could have gotten lost in everyone else's thoughts, tweets, shouts, opinions because they are no smarter, no more logical, no more thoughtful than many of the fans giving their view of things. Think about all the posters on Patsfans.com from varying impressive backgrounds that outshine the so-called Sports scribes and personalities. It is about attention...no attention, no job. Writing is essentially dead in Sports. No one has or takes the time. All hail the age of the glib, gutless contrarian and/or the moneymaking mouthpiece.

Yeah, I threw up in my mouth too.

I think it has to do with the evolution of communication. The writers in Sports don't write anymore....they opine, shout, tweet, etc., ad nauseum online or on radio or on some sad cable channel. Their voice could have gotten lost in everyone else's thoughts, tweets, shouts, opinions because they are no smarter, no more logical, no more thoughtful than many of the fans giving their view of things. Think about all the posters on Patsfans.com from varying impressive backgrounds that outshine the so-called Sports scribes and personalities. It is about attention...no attention, no job. Writing is essentially dead in Sports. No one has or takes the time. All hail the age of the glib, gutless contrarian and/or the moneymaking mouthpiece.

Yeah, I threw up in my mouth too.

I first developed an interest in this sort of thing when Marsall McLuhan was in vogue, and spoke of the "medium becoming the message", which was very prophetic considering the nature of today's beast.

My fall back position on all of this is there is an undue reverence for the American sports writer

Your insight is appropriate not just to sportswriters, but the fourth estate overall. The act of simply reporting an event hasn't been a requirement for decades. Just look at the fact that both ends of the political spectrum's populist (and leading) candidates are railing vociferously against the methods in which they're being portrayed by the media to see that shaping opinion, not presenting it for individual consumption and decision, would seem to be job one for reporters of all stripes.

That said, I think (hope?) a wakeup is taking place...look at the rise of "cutting the cord" regarding cable/satellite bundling which pays for stations the market would've left to wither years ago or using the internet to indirectly consume content instead of showing our "agreement" through the many other ways they access our money to fund their opinion based screeds.

Yes- as a fan base there are some here that do suffer from persecution complex. Can't blame us really....

Hearing King on the Eisen show was pathetic. "I'm going to sit back and listen to what people have to say." Really?

What does that mean? To me, it means allowing someone else to do the digging and you pick a position that best aligns with your agenda.

Most everyone - including King in the press called Brady a cheater without proof. Are people apprehensive now in calling PM a cheater without proof? Its a total double standard.

The other thing here is that b/c of Deflategate and everyone jumping to conclusions (based on lies) they may be a bit more cautious this time around.

However, if HGH was delivered to Gisele in a house say in NY LA, etc....the press would be hanging him far worse than they are to Manning.

King was one of the first "big guys" that came out early on and questioned the Well's report. He was one of the first ones that thought it was way overblown.

King didn't come right out and support Brady but he did criticized the NFL and the Well's report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back