Welcome to PatsFans.com

Per PFW: NFL releases timetable

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Deus Irae, Jul 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +716 / 44 / -47

Disable Jersey

ProFootballWeekly.com - League releases timeline for free agency, training camp

Mods, while this is a public release, it's off the PFW site. You may (or may not) wish to redact it some.
  2. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +166 / 0 / -0

Thanks for that; there have been so many differing timelines listed by various sources, it's nice to finally get one from the NFL.
  3. patriot lifer

patriot lifer Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

#87 Jersey

BB will have his hands in both free agent talks and training camp at the same time.

I hope he doesn't need sleep.
  4. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +97 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

I go there often. If this is not premium member info (ie: free) and you did gave credit by posting a link, then it's fine.

Hopefully this will clear up some of the confusion on when TC will open. I posted a link aboutan hour ago, to what I've considered a credible site, stating that 10 teams, including the Patriots, would open TC on Wed.

Sounded soon to me, but I went with it. Friday makes more sense.
  5. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +706 / 8 / -9

Disable Jersey

Lots of rookies and vets on airplanes today. Clear skies!
  6. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +166 / 0 / -0

Yeah, the uniqueness of this deal getting done now makes it a fairly sizable disadvantage to being both a GM and and a HC. Nick Caserio is a very sharp guy so he and perhaps Floyd Reese can work with the free agents and their agents, permitting Belichick to focus more on the players on the field. On the other hand that means Caserio won't be on the field lending a hand in passing drills at practices as he has at times in the past - though I'm thinking he didn't do as much of that last year as he had in previous training camps.
  7. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

Per NFLN the timeline actually states team can begin talking to ALL UFA and not just their own (there is no exclusive window) beginning tomorrow but they simply cannot SIGN ANYONE until Friday at 6PM and any player signed by then will not be able to participate in on field activities until or unless the new league year has commenced (deal ratified by a recertified union). The latest date for that to occur is August 4th.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.