PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PatsFans.com Roll Call

cubedoggy said:
From: Brighton, MA via West Roxbury, MA via Vieques, PR via West Roxbury, MA. Born Quantico, VA.
Pats fan since: I was a kid...the 70s. I remember when Ben Dreith became the embodiment of Satan.
Not a season ticket holder, but I've gotten one game a year from friends who have seats in Sec. 110 since 2003.

My fondest memory (other than seeing Banner #2 go up before the Pats beat the Colts two years ago) was seeing the Pats beat the Bengals to make the playoffs in '85.
Man, was it cold. We were three rows from the top of the old bowl, and we'd sneaked in a flask of SoCo. We had quilts and stuff to keep warm, and at some point, the flask got dropped, but we had no idea what had happened to it until we got up to leave. The flask had fallen, broken, and the contents had turned viscous so that it looked like a snapshot of a flask breaking.

Good times.

I was at that game...me and several others had to pull the goal post off a guy that got pinned by it when it came down (Ok torn down). Being on the field didn't seem as cool after that, kind of killed my buzz....and that guys I'm sure.

I'm originally from Brookline, MA but have lived in the Pacific Northwest since 1976. I've been a Pats fan since my dad took me to Schaefer Stadium when I was eight years old (1975) to see the Patriots demolish the Vikings in a preseason game. I still remember that damn roughing the passer call on "Sugar Bear" Hamilton (that was almost as bad as Bucky #@!$% Dent's home run in '78) and I thought the "Tuck Rule" play was a fitting pay back even if it took almost 30 years.

Seekonk,MA
Season ticket holder since 1986- sullivan stadium and that horrible astro turf.

Been a fan as long as I can remember.

From: Originally North Andover-Now living in San Dimas, CA (Bill and Ted fame) for 13 years.
Not a season tix holder
Been a Pats fan as long as I understood football (35 years...)

Grew up in Weymouth, MA; now live in Brookline, NH. Have followed the Patriots since the 60s. Got to know Ron Burton some as he led the Northwestern Alumni Association and my parents were both alumni. Never been to a live NFL game.

I live in Atlanta ( hence the ATLPats fan)
I am from Merrimack, NH
I have been a Pats fan for 30 years
and I wish I was a season ticket holder

I was born in Waltham, MA and lived in Sharon, MA until I was about 6. Then we moved to Northern Virginia, and when I got the chance to go to law school at BC I jumped at the opportunity to go back to New England. Unfortunately, my husband's job has brought us back to Northern VA, but we still have plenty of family left in New England and basically a tradition of Pats fans.

I have been a fan for as long as I can remember due to familial influences. The despair that came with a fan in the 80s (though I was too young to really be embarrassed by it) turned to hope and pride when Parcells/Bledsoe came to town. My earliest memory was my dad taking me to a Pats/Jets game when I was too young to know what the heck was going on. My best memories have all been recent, of course.

Originaly from Natick Ma. Now live in Grand Junction, Colorado
Not a season ticket holder.
I was born a Pats Fan. Babe Parilli was the first QB I remember.

I live in Londonderry, NH
Originally from MA and have been a fan since the Grogan era. I admit to being a Cowboys fan in my youth, mostly because the Pats stunk and the Cowboys had those cool silver uniforms so my loyalties were divided until the early 90s when my conversion was complete.
Not a season ticket holder and am jealous of those of you who are.

Moved from Boston to NYC four years ago.
Pats fan since I came to this great country (to Boston) in 1996 and learnt about American futball...
:D

Born in Somerville, MA
Raised in Dorchester, MA
I knew of the Pats as a child;
I followed the Pats when Chuck Fairbanks arrived;
I was hooked on the Pats when they started 6-1 in 1974;
I cursed Ben Effin Dreith to Hell in 1976;
I was in Japan when John Lennon died in 1980;
I was in Sullivan Stadium when the Pats clinced a (strike-shortened) playoff birth in 1982;
I too was at the Bengals game in 1985. Damn, that was cold.
I was there in 1988 when Doug Flutie came off the bench, and on a QB keeper, led the Pats to a comeback win;
I moved to Dallas, TX with my future wife in 1992;
I watched Bill Parcells' Pats lose to Bill Belichick's Browns in January 1995. I saw the game with my dad at Milton Hospital. He passed away two days later.
My wife and I hosted a SB party for her med school friends in Galveston, TX in January 1997. If Troy Brown and Sam Gash had played, Desmond Howard doesn't win SB MVP.
My wife watched SB36 with her brother's family in Cleveland, OH. She interviewed that week with the Cleveland Clinic. I stayed behind in Galveston with our 2-1/2 year-old girl and 1-1/2 year-old boy. When U2 sang "Where the Streets Have No Name", I sang with them, and began to think crazy thoughts - like victory. That remains the greatest halftime show in the history of the SB. Later, when the game clock inexplicably showed 0:00, tears filled my eyes. When the tv showed Bobby Hamilton crying and hugging a teammate, I fell to my knees and sobbed, alone, happy, relieved, tired, wishing that I too had someone to hug.

That's all, I guess. I hope this qualifies me as a Pats fan, though I'll pass on the Kool-Aid, thank you.

Born: Pepperell, Mass.
Currently: live in Merriam, KS (basically KC) for last 10 years.
Years: been a Pats fan for over 30 years. Met Grogan at Bryant college when NE had TC down there.

Lots of good Pats players have come from the Midwest area.

Steve Nelson - N Dakota State
Andre Tippet - Iowa
Steve Grogan - Kansas State
Adam Vinetieri - S Dakota State

From Halifax ,Nova Scotia
Pats fan for 30 years
Never been to an NFL game(yet!)

Nashua, NH before that
Rochester, NY for a few years
East Lyme, CT before that
East Falmouth, MA when I was a kid
Dover, DE originally (I'm an Air Force brat)
Pats fans since the 60s (I remember getting Joe Kapp)
Season ticket holder since '95

Became a Pats fan in 1985 during that great run to the Super Bowl against da Bears. Was in London studying and ever since remained a die hard fan.
Played touch football at an American High school here in Bahrain so knew the rules of the game when young which made me love the game.
Still havnt seen the Patriots live, but made a promise to my son that i'll be there in Miami when we get there in Feb. 2007. GO PATS.

Born n' raised in Roe Diland. Been living in Mesa Arizona for the last 17 years (try it, you'll like it). Thank God for (can I mention God on this sight?) NFL Sunday Ticket. Been a Pats fan since "62", season ticket holder from "78" till "88". Was at the first game played in then Schaefer Stadium, preseason game betwixt the fran tarkenton led gints and the mike taleafaro (spell?) jim nance Patriots. Game ended at about ten, the traffic was so bad i didn't get out of the parking lot till 4:30 a.m., and yes, i remember it well. We had a stadium, we belonged. Almost forgot, there were so few season ticket holders in "85" that we were all able to buy 2 souper bole tickets each at the unheard of price of $75.00 ea.! The game stunk but i can alway say I went to a Souper bole.

I'v been a pat's fan since about 97-98 watching that Pats/GB game. :)
Not a season ticket holder, but we are about to move to somewhere around Boston (Which btw, if anyone knows some nice real estate area let me know :)) so I hope I will be soon.

Well let's see...

Originally from Medfield MA (graduated 1971 MHS)
Residing in NJ since 1981...been living in South Amboy NJ since 1994.

Been a Pats fan since the mid 60's

Last Pats game I attended was a pre-season game against the Giants at the original Schaefer Stadium in the early 70's...been awhile I'd say.
I always listened to the games on the radio and if they were ever on TV I'd be glued to the set from start to finish no matter how bad they played. Back then there were far more downs than ups it seemed. Today I get to see them play 5-6 times a season and the other games I follow on NFL Field Pass on my PC.

GO PATS!

gomezcat said:
Born in Manchester, England. Raised there until I was 12. Then grew up in Bolton (both places are in Lancashire, North West England, five or six hours NW of London). Now living in South East London.
Pats fan for 20 years, when I was 14, thanks to a Pats supporting friend. My first memory was highlights v the then LA Rams when Irving Fryar caught a Hail Mary from the somewhat unfairly maligned Tony Eason. (1986 season)
Miss Gcat and I want to do a trip to the States at some point and would love to do a Pats game, but wouldn't we all?

I hate to complain but can't you Brits show SOME semblance of originality and stop naming your towns after places around here?

Last edited:

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back