PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats Sign DL Andre Carter

Status
Not open for further replies.
On paper sounds like a good pick, increases the whole ability to rotate and confuse the other teams offense..

Of course Mike Florio, another pats hater, makes a snide comment.

Guess, somehow, he missed all the draft picks that did well last year and the number that look good this year..

Florio knows how to play a crowd - he has been regularly labelled both a Pats hater and a Pats lover many, many times.

That also applies to the Steelers and a couple of other teams.

Florio doesn't need to know alot about football because a large part of his target audience don't either.

Florio knows how to play a crowd - he has been regularly labelled both a Pats hater and a Pats lover many, many times.

Florio doesn't need to know alot about football because a large part of his target audience don't either.

Kind of like Felger, Borges and the rest of the local media contrarians.. they make a living off of Patriots Bashing and many just follow along.

Carter didn't take to well to the new 3-4 defense last year, but previously the dude was a tremendous player. He put up some great numbers in the 4-3. He's always been in great shape, so this could really pay off.

Arguably, both he and Ellis did even better in a 4-3 defense.

I'm not one to say I love every single move the Pats ever do, but I really do like both the Ellis and Carter signings. Both are great locker room guys too, and both are intelligent. This could be quite a good defensive line. Some folks here don't like the age of the players signed, it's not like they are 37 or 38. Carter just turned 32 - a long way from long in the tooth.

Last edited:
The pats are just throwing poop against the walls to see what sticks

Odom would be a good pick-up if the Jets were playing in the 4-3. Odom isn't very good as a 3-4 OLB.

And Ellis, Carter, and Anderson are?:confused:

Last edited:
I totally forgot about Carter calling out Haynesworth in Washington. This isn't meant to say the two won't get along. I actually respect Carter for doing so.

I think it also shows BB isn't going to baby Haynesworth. He's going to do what's best for the team and expects Al to get on-board.

BostonHerald.com - Blogs: Rap Sheet» Blog Archive » If the past is any indication, Andre Carter is not afraid to call out teammate Albert Haynesworth

”He will need to work hard and prove himself by showing that he’s trustworthy and reliable in the scheme and as a teammate.”
“I haven’t experienced a player prioritizing his position on the field over working with the game,” Carter said last July. “It’s disappointing because Albert could fit in this scheme. All we can say is we wish him the best and we will see what happens in a month.”
“If he shows up he has to prove to us he is back for the organization,” Carter said, “and not all about him.”

It's a situation worth monitoring.

Last edited:
Kind of like Felger, Borges and the rest of the local media contrarians.. they make a living off of Patriots Bashing and many just follow along.

I'll be honest and say i'll never understand the contrarian 'local' media reporter.

I want unbiased reporting, sure, what I don't want is someone who seems to be rooting against my team or the HC who runs it.

Those guys are DB's - I don't think I know of another part of the States that suffers from such a long list of contrarian A-holes making a living on the doorstep of their local team.

I'll be honest and say i'll never understand the contrarian 'local' media reporter.

I want unbiased reporting, sure, what I don't want is someone who seems to be rooting against my team or the HC who runs it.

Those guys are DB's - I don't think I know of another part of the States that suffers from such a long list of contrarian A-holes making a living on the doorstep of their local team.

And, yet the ystill seem to have jobs. I'd be curious to see what the source fo their web hits. are they more locally generated to MA or are they getting hits from out of state and other teams that join in?

On the topic, I'm sure someone mentioned that it's getting that 2001-type feel (though really just along the front 7 or even 4) and I wouldn't mind seeing the same outcome (and for OTG's sake, maybe just skip the down 2002 year ;) ).

Competition should be great in camp and if I was a recently signed vet, I'd be busting my butt to impress.

Wow!! 10 cars

I totally forgot about Carter calling out Haynesworth in Washington. This isn't meant to say the two won't get along. I actually respect Carter for doing so.

I think it also shows BB isn't going to baby Haynesworth. He's going to do what's best for the team and expects Al to get on-board.

BostonHerald.com - Blogs: Rap Sheet» Blog Archive » If the past is any indication, Andre Carter is not afraid to call out teammate Albert Haynesworth

Interesting piece from Bleacher Report in July on how Andre Carter would be a good fit in New England.

NFL Free Agent Rumors: Andre Carter a Fine Fit for New England Patriots Defense | Bleacher Report

From the article,
"If Carter falls through, New England could opt instead for veteran defensive end Matt Roth, whom the Pats have already worked out, along with Raheem Brock, Quentin Moses and Shaun Ellis, and who has past experience playing under Hoodie disciples Eric Mangini and Nick Saban."

Pretty accurate prediction...

Hmm...let's work on that shopping analogy. I wouldn't call it a Walmart, where the prices are cheap and you get exactly what you pay for. It's more like buying a mixed lot at an antiques auction. You know some of it will be junk, but it only takes 1 or 2 pieces polishing up to silver or gold to make the whole thing a heck of a bargain.

And this year, more than any other, is an opportunity to buy in bulk.

Ah, I get it, it's kind of "BB does Antiques Roadshow."

Carter and Ellis do provide locker room presence for the youngsters, to balance any BS that might slip out of Big Albert.

Carter worth having around just for his arms. :)

Attachments

• carter4-5591.jpg
    carter4-5591.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 501

Florio is not a Pats hater. He's just a football fan that hit the big time with his "Blog" - He's a lawyer by trade and call it like he sees it.

He's been very supportive and very critical, He plays to the audience, Like any good entertainer will - Don't lose sight of that, as Bill would say - It is what it is.

I kinda like that these two are now here together, after having shared that miserable Washington experience, having handled their individual situations differently as they did. Hopefully, they'll lean on one another to a degree, share the perspective of appreciation for a team MILES away from what they just dealt with.

Florio is not a Pats hater. He's just a football fan that hit the big time with his "Blog" - He's a lawyer by trade and call it like he sees it.

He's been very supportive and very critical, He plays to the audience, Like any good entertainer will - Don't lose sight of that, as Bill would say - It is what it is.

I think if you read the post of mine that you quoted you'll find that we are saying the exact same thing ;)

The man sure does like those vets.

Very true. BB does seem to like veteran, former high round draft choices, who have a year or two left. These are players that can contribute right away.

is Albert injured starting the year on PUP?

I like signing and we should carry two extra linemen over a Tate and Morris imo

Curran speculated that Haynesworth is receiving offseason knee maintenance, FWIW. He said on Comcast Sports Sunday that Haynesworth has some knee procedure/injection every offseason and that with the lockout, he had to wait until now. Seemed like not a real cause for concern.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand