Not open for further replies.

danam404

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Per his twitter...

The man sure does like those vets.

this is getting ridiculous...

Twitter

"@mr_carter99 I am proud to announce that I will be playing for the New England Patriots for the 2011 season..."

This is a solid addition. Carter struggled as an OLB last year, but he had 11 sacks in 2009 as a DE.

He may beat out Anderson for a roster spot.

One hour after this tweet from Mike Reiss:

"@39Sakuraba Haven't heard anything along the lines of Andre Carter."

Sounds like that Sakuraba has some good sources...

So we have a handful of youngsters who need to show significant improvement from last year, with little camp to do so; and, a handful of vets who are one or two years off of very good seasons.

I like it. Completely unpredictable outcome. BB sees the opportunity this unusual league situation has created and is manufacturing a response.

11 sacks in 2009..

this is getting ridiculous...

He's another player that was messed up by Rat Face. BB is gonna find a 4-3 pass rusher yet.

we are really loading up .big time...to kills some quarterbacks....

:rocker::D

So we have a handful of youngsters who need to show significant improvement from last year, with little camp to do so; and, a handful of vets who are one or two years off of very good seasons.

I like it. Completely unpredictable outcome. BB sees the opportunity this unusual league situation has created and is manufacturing a response.

Yep, 90 players is a big playground, and the micro-FA period is bound to make players panicky that camps are in full swing without them. Kick every tire, Bill!

Are we sure the Emtman thing was just a joke..........?

I guess this is a sign to every single DLman on the team: work your butts off, because only half of you are sticking around.

Yep, 90 players is a big playground, and the micro-FA period is bound to make players panicky that camps are in full swing without them. Kick every tire, Bill!

It makes me wonder if there's a trade in the works; one or two of the young DL plus Merriweather and/or Tate. I just don't know what he'd be after, though. The elite "edge" pass rushers are either too specialized or too expensive or both. A RB doesn't make sense because we've got so much potential there. Another WR? Why? But I'm suspicious....

could this also be that haynesworth is not all that is cracked up to be????

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes