PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats Pick david thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Tight end...another offensive pick...anyone surprised?

Last edited:
another TE - and he's a "Biggie" Welcome to Wendys

Another ******* Day 1 tight end? Thats the ONE thing I really hate about BB. What the hell use is this guy going to be to us? Make sure Fauria's old spot on the bench stays warm?

Is anyone else worried about the starting linebacker situation?

He's not the Wendy's guy; this is one of the MacKenzie brothers.

Seriously, this one is a real headscratcher when we have obviouls needs on defense.

Here's measurables from si.com:

David Thomas Grade: 3.64 Position: TE
Class: Sr
School: Texas
Conference: Big Twelve
Ht., Wt.: 6-3, 252
40 Time: 4.74
Selected by: New England Patriots
Round 3, pick 22 (86 overall)

patriots_100.gif
BIO: Three-year starter awarded All-Conference and All-Academic honors since his junior campaign. Led Texas in receiving as a senior with 50/613/5 after 25/430/5 the prior year.

POSITIVES: Athletic tight end who plays with a good degree of intelligence. Finds the open spot on the field and effectively uses his frame to shield away opponents. Has soft hands, makes the reception in stride and keeps the play in bounds. Possesses excellent field sense, gets past the sticks on third down and is always in tune with the quarterback. Gives effort as a blocker.

NEGATIVES: Rarely moves linebackers off the ball blocking. Not a consistent deep threat.

ANALYSIS: Lacking great upside, Thomas has been a consistent pass-catching threat who elevated his play the past three seasons. Should see significant playing time in third-down back/red-zone situations at the next level.

Not a fan of this pick but BB and SP know more than I.

WTF!?!?! A 239 lb TE.......................They always blow ass with their 3rd round picks. I think to them it must be a intentional good luck thing or something.

Does this mean farewell to Graham?

MrBigglesWorth said:

I am. What the hell? Vrabes reportedly has been lobbying to go outside again. Looks like he's going to have to suck it up.

There's a big party just about starting right now in the Banta-Cain household.

Perhaps BB needed to poke Borges with a stick to instigate some more fun in the Sunday paper.

Last edited:
Pro Football Weekly had him as a 4th or 5th rounder.

Thats it!!!! Day one has been a total and complete bust!!! What the F@@@!? Wasn't even the best value at his position on the board. I had him figured for the 5th round!~

With all of the live kitten eating animals out there, we pissed the best defensive day 1 in years completely away! Who are the Pats trying to become? The Dolts? The Rams?

Maybe I'll become a Bears fan.....naaah, though they are now my fav. NFC team. Animals on D and just enough offense to grind the opponents D to the ground while killing clock, before the D goes back out and scores some more points. My kinda team. Just like us in 01. Thats all I want back, is our 01 team.

harveyw said:
Not a fan of this pick but BB and SP know more than I.

Read this and you will change your mind - GREAT PICK!!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/draft/prospect?contentId=5526656

David Thomas Draft Profile
OVERVIEW

David Thomas is about to establish himself as one of college football's premier tight ends in 2005. The All-Big Twelve Conference first-team selection teamed with Bo Sciafe in 2004 to produce 51 catches for 778 yards and seven touchdowns. Thomas is blessed with impressive athletic ability, good power and exceptional quickness for the tight end position. He has performed at the traditional tight end slot, as an H-back, slot receiver and at the "Y" receiver position, in addition to excelling on the punt coverage unit..............

MrBigglesWorth said:

My take on it is this--which of these situations is more likely:

(A) Belichick and Pioli know what they're doing, or
(B) Belichick and Pioli ate a bunch of brownies mailed to them by Ricky Williams?

ctpatsfan77 said:
My take on it is this--which of these situations is more likely:

(A) Belichick and Pioli know what they're doing, or
(B) Belichick and Pioli ate a bunch of brownies mailed to them by Ricky Williams?
This is my post of the day! :rocker:

shirtsleeve said:
Thats it!!!! Day one has been a total and complete bust!!! What the F@@@!? Wasn't even the best value at his position on the board. I had him figured for the 5th round!~

With all of the live kitten eating animals out there, we pissed the best defensive day 1 in years completely away! Who are the Pats trying to become? The Dolts? The Rams?

Maybe I'll become a Bears fan.....naaah, though they are now my fav. NFC team. Animals on D and just enough offense to grind the opponents D to the ground while killing clock, before the D goes back out and scores some more points. My kinda team. Just like us in 01. Thats all I want back, is our 01 team.
Yeah the bears they are exciting...I tell you what you and any other bandwagoners can jump off now please

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News