PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats outscore 10 NFL teams if Gost leaves the ball on the tee

Status
Not open for further replies.

JGaffney

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
From poster bostonfred on the footballguys forum in the "I don't get all the love for the Patriots" thread:

------
The Patriots have punted five times this season through four games. That's insane, but we all know about that already. How about this, though: in 30 possessions, they have four turnovers, one missed field goal, one failed snap on a field goal, five completed field goals, and 19 touchdowns. In other words, they're converting 63% of their POSSESSIONS into touchdowns. 23 teams in the NFL are converting fewer than 63% of their RED ZONE OPPORTUNITIES into touchdowns. They're converting 80% of their POSSESSIONS into points, which would beat ten teams' ability to score in the red zone.

Let me drive that home for a minute: if the Patriots were up against one of the bottom ten teams in the NFL, you could have them each start every possession at the Patriots 20, and the Patriots would still be favored.

------

OK, that's a pretty good point ya got there!

This doesn't win the Superbowl, but it's fun to juggle the stats while waiting for the next game. Hats off to Belli and the boys for making this a fun season to watch for the first 4 games!

Last edited:
I'll bet against you. Who's in?

I'll grant you, that was a pretty amazing stat, and a pretty astute post by bostonfred.

Doesn't mean I have to like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes