PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pat's O vs KC D

Status
Not open for further replies.
When was the last time we ran effectively in the playoffs against a team that wasn't the colts?

This will all be on Brady's arm again

From Mike Reiss's sunday notes column.

I sat alongside Scarnecchia and one thing that stood out to me was when he was asked by an attendee if it’s realistic to expect a return to some of the more aggressive schemes the team was running earlier in the season when it was winning 10 games in a row. “Book it,” he said. “And sleep easy tonight.”

I think KC will do what the last few teams did to us. Play nickel and force us to run with 2 TE sets. Same gameplan which rex ryan employed in the Divisional loss. And KC's defensive coordinator is a rex ryan disciple .

I think KC will do what the last few teams did to us. Play nickel and force us to run with 2 TE sets. Same gameplan which rex ryan employed in the Divisional loss. And KC's defensive coordinator is a rex ryan disciple .

Which would be suicidal for KC if we really get everyone back. The only reason this worked in the last two weeks is because we went min/max on risk and played all vanilla on both sides. This week will be an all in situation with tons of scheming and wrinkles.

Don't think that KC can use anything from the tape of the last 2-3 games.

The OLD Edelman, yes. But Saturday's Edelman might be different. We just have to hope for the best.

I am sure we will be holding our collective breaths after he's tackled after his first catch gulp!

I think getting going early is key. I suspect they come out throwing in the first half and try to build up an early lead, and then switch to a pounding run game with Jackson in the second as they dare Smith to play catch up.

Is Houston still banged up? If he's not 100% and our o-line can hold up, I think their secondary is a liability (Smith always seems to give up big plays and Peters is a nice cb, but not a shutdown). Gronk is a nightmare for them, but with their D-line, I think he will be more on the line and utilized in the middle of the field rather than lining up on the outside. Big game for Edelman with a lot of quick early curls, drags.

as long as he doesn't waste plays on long throws to WR's, I'm ok with the rest now that Edelman is back

God, I swear McDaniels gets frustrated and screams "screw it, just throw it deep" into the mic. You see it coming a mile away and so does the defense.

Stork vs. Poe and Cannon vs. Hali are both going to be battles that we can't afford to get killed on.

With a healthy contingent of receivers, i wonder if we spread them out and play the matchups with a quick passing game like early season

You could get james white on a linebacker, amendola on your 3rd or 4th best cb.

It would be nice to see lafell have a nice game with edelman back. I wonder if Chandler will play a lil as well and contribute

It would be nice to see lafell have a nice game with edelman back. I wonder if Chandler will play a lil as well and contribute
To your point, he had a nice game against them last year in KC. One of his better outings and I believe he was targeted allot do to their coverage on everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST