PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats [make offer to] Stallworth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Patsf sign Stallworth

That would REALLY end Rosenhaus' career.

If you tell the teams who are interested in your client that he has already SIGNED WITH ANOTHER TEAM, then they are going to try and sign their second choices, and stop trying to sign your client.
Saying he signed with the Pats would end his career, but saying the Pats offered a contract would not. Maybe they talked vague numbers and Rosenhaus led some journalists to believe that the Pats had made an offer. That would be what an agent would do.

WEEI is just reporting that Stallworth signed according to Comcast sports. 6 years 32 million.

ARGH! I'm watching NFL Network and they said he received an offer but is still meeting Tennessee tomorrow.

From Breer:

– Donte’ Stallworth’s trip to Foxboro is now complete and a deal is not expected tonight. League sources confirmed tonight that he’s heading to Tennessee and Miami over the next couple days, and the plan is to see the process through.

Stallworth reportedly would like to return to the Eagles, but is considering all options. He would bring a deep threat the team lacked last year — his 19.1-yard average rates more than 6 yards better than the best number posted by a Patriots receiver in ‘06 (Jabar Gaffney, 12.9).

Another attractive feature Stallworth brings is his ability to pick up a complex offense quickly, something he did under Andy Reid last fall.

yep, just confirmed on the NFL network as well. Pats have made an offer, buy Stallworth will still be meeting with the other teams

Sorry, wasn't trying to be tricky.

Yeah, not blaming you, I felt stupid for not reading properly more than anything :bricks:

It looks like it isn't going to happen tonight, anyway. Too bad. Hopefully it happens at all.

Prob ain't happening tonight, especially when hes got a visit to go see the team who paid Givens all that money next.

WEEI is just reporting that Stallworth signed according to Comcast sports. 6 years 32 million.

If that's what the actual offer was and he turned it down then I say to hell with him.

Schefter says a decision on Stallworth's future is expected on Friday after he visits Tennessee and Miami.

Last edited:

I think we can all start appreciating the type of guy A.D. is with the way he managed his situation as compared to the Rosenhaus/Stallworth combo.

I'd still like to know who lied to whom here: Comcast to us by saying they got confirmation from Rosenhaus' office, or; Rosenhaus' office to comcast.

Watching NFL Total Access and all they say is that he got a contract offer from the Pats but he will visit the Titans tomorrow and will make his decision by friday. Supposedly the Raiders are still trying to shop Moss to the Pats and Packers.

Well if the Pats let him leave without a contract, that tells me that they are trying to get him at low-risk and must be sticking to their guns on it. Good. If Stallworth wants, he can sign a big-time guaranteed contract with the likes of Tennessee. If he's a true competitor, he will accept the challenge to prove himself here.

I really don't like the idea of him stringing us along. It's the exact opposite of what Thomas did.

He wants One
dr_evil_1_small.jpg
Trillion dollars.

Comcast updated their page. Said Stallworth is not returning to the Eagles. Signed a deal with the Pats.

Well if the Pats let him leave without a contract, that tells me that they are trying to get him at low-risk and must be sticking to their guns on it. Good. If Stallworth wants, he can sign a big-time guaranteed contract with the likes of Tennessee. If he's a true competitor, he will accept the challenge to prove himself here.

If we are low balling him cause of his problems he would be smart to move onto someone who might actually pay him. Just because he is a competitor doesnt mean he should pass up a fortune. plus if he signs for less money he may want to return to the igles, while they arent in our league the igles are competitors especially in the nfc

Comcast said he left agreeing to a 6 year deal, 32 million.

6 years 32 mil is prettydarn good for a guy with recent injury problems who has only come into his own the past two years. still, Im only saying that because I wish he signed :rolleyes:

Comcast updated their page. Said Stallworth is not returning to the Eagles. Signed a deal with the Pats.

and this story continues to get more convoluted...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes