PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats [make offer to] Stallworth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Patsf sign Stallworth

I don't see anything wrong with him listening to all offers before making a decision. If you were selling your house and your agent told you there were three buyers who were going to make an offer wouldn't you do the same?
When I bought my house I made an offer. If the owner wanted to wait for a better offer, I would withdrawn mine. If the owner cannot get anyone to match what I'm offering, if I am paying more than anyone else is willing to pay, then I am offering too much.

It is the same with NFL types. The best offer from a team is the one they offer a player so that the player won't go elsewhere. It would be their best offer, generally. The agent has to balance what they could get by signing with what they might get elsewhere.

Stallworth made a big deal about wanting to play for the Patriots. If he turns down $32 mill, then he was lying because he sure doen't want to play here very badly. He wants the most money.

Nothing wrong with going to the highest bidder, but be upfront. Don't say you want to play for this team or that team, and then turn down a competitive offer.

If the contract offer of 6 yr 32 is accurate, then he better get a boat load of money from Tenn...

Exactly. Holy cannoli that's a huge offer we made (if accurate) and he's seeking more? Wasn't he the one who only wanted a year,just to try and get back in the market? LOL now he's shopping himself at 32 mil for six? Who's his agent?

When I bought my house I made an offer. If the owner wanted to wait for a better offer, I would withdrawn mine. If the owner cannot get anyone to match what I'm offering, if I am paying more than anyone else is willing to pay, then I am offering too much.

It is the same with NFL types. The best offer from a team is the one they offer a player so that the player won't go elsewhere. It would be their best offer, generally. The agent has to balance what they could get by signing with what they might get elsewhere.

Stallworth made a big deal about wanting to play for the Patriots. If he turns down $32 mill, then he was lying because he sure doen't want to play here very badly. He wants the most money.

Nothing wrong with going to the highest bidder, but be upfront. Don't say you want to play for this team or that team, and then turn down a competitive offer.
OK, let's suppose you got all the offers the same day.

Look at another way. You go for a job interview. When you hear that the company is planning to interview several other candidates before making a decision, do you get miffed and withdraw your name from competition?

It's the same thing.

Exactly. Holy cannoli that's a huge offer we made (if accurate) and he's seeking more? Wasn't he the one who only wanted a year,just to try and get back in the market? LOL now he's shopping himself at 32 mil for six? Who's his agent?

Drew Rosenhouse.... Well if he wants to win with a great QB, he will come here, If he wants money and catch passes from a rising QB he will go to Tenn, if he wants to just get money and sit in the sun , he is going to miami... I still want him in New England...

It's not that huge an offer when you consider Drew Bennett signed for essentially the same amount.

I think I have it figured out. Rosenhaus didn't tell Comcast that Stallworth signed with the Pats, he said they signed with the Patsf. :p

the number 32 means nothing. it's all in the structure.. consider a 5 yr deal:

if it pays 1, 1, 1, 1, and 28, no player would take that, but its 5yr/32 (guaranteed cut after 4 though)

if it pays 28, 1, 1, 1, 1 no team would do it, and its 5/32 also

so just forget the number 32, it is meaningless by itself

I don't really understand any of this. If the Patriots wanted to make their offer of limited duration so that he could not visit other teams, they could have. If they were willing to leave the offer open, what's wrong exactly with the player accepting that?

If the Patriots have a number in mind at which they value the player, then they should offer it. If it was a well thought out offer, they shouldn't care in the least what the player does -- if he accepts great, if not, great. If they are trying to lowball or pay less than they think he can get elsewhere and are up for a game of chicken to avoid putting too much money on the table, then make the offer a take-it-or-leave-it now offer. They didn't do that. Nothing wrong with the player taking advantage of what's available to him. It's his career.

link doesn't work

Over 230 updates on Stallworth today and not one posting from Keegs on whether Donte had a bowel movement? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Comcast retracted the story...

Ya, it seems like the Raider's fans aren't too happy about not getting rid of Moss. Thanks for the link.

Drew Rosenhouse.... Well if he wants to win with a great QB, he will come here, If he wants money and catch passes from a rising QB he will go to Tenn, if he wants to just get money and sit in the sun , he is going to miami... I still want him in New England...

Tenn is going nowhere this year. This is what I hate about the lower teams-they take 1-2 talented players off the table yet they don't have the coaching or the completeness to go anywhere regardless of who they sign anyway.
Yes,I'm whining.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes