PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats holding private workout with Tebow

Status
Not open for further replies.
saw this earlier..... i'll post it now since this thread will never die.

Tim Tebow-QB- Player Mar. 19 - 2:11 pm et

Mike Lombardi of the National Football Post is "hearing" that Florida QB Tim Tebow won't last past the second round of the draft.
Round two seems right, and we're betting Tebow is the third quarterback drafted behind Sam Bradford and Jimmy Clausen. It's worth noting that the Patriots have been connected to Tebow and have three second-round picks.
Source: National Football Post
Related: Patriots

If we use a 2 for Tebow I will be livid.:violent:

I do see him being a 2nd round selection by some team.

I agree. Lets use the first rounder on him just to be safe.

I'm late to this thread but whether the Pats are truly interested or not, it makes sense to show strong interest as teams will think that with so many 2nd round picks, BB might actually be inclined to pull the trigger

What better way to potenially maximize trade value of one of those 2nd rounders during the draft by someone who wants Tebow

In general I look at Tebow as a mid to late 2nd rounder draft pick making the Patriots a potential trading partner on draft day

I say we draft the beast! And then help him along as our future QB! :rocker:

I say we draft the beast! And then help him along as our future QB! :rocker:

he's not a beast, he was the biggest kid playing at that level, now he is going to play with bigger kids and he will get hurt and shown up.

The improvements he made on his pro day? they will disappear the second he puts on pads and feels the rush from a 27 year old who will crush him.

he's not a beast, he was the biggest kid playing at that level, now he is going to play with bigger kids and he will get hurt and shown up.

Couldn't one say that about everyone who was successful in college football?

Couldn't one say that about everyone who was successful in college football?

no because they had other attributes. His worst attributes are the ones that you absolutely need to play qb in the nfl, his best attributes apart from intangibles which are crucial in some players and meaningless in others are the ones that are going to be nullified at this level.

no because they had other attributes. His worst attributes are the ones that you absolutely need to play qb in the nfl, his best attributes apart from intangibles which are crucial in some players and meaningless in others are the ones that are going to be nullified at this level.

You really should get a job with a top team's FO because you obviously know better than the teams that drafted all of the highly touted busts through the years. Hindsight is always 20/20.

You really should get a job with a top team's FO because you obviously know better than the teams that drafted all of the highly touted busts through the years. Hindsight is always 20/20.

this is foresight and if all you have is sarcasm then save it. he has deficiencies in his game that are unacceptable and strengths that he wont be able to utilise to the same extent at this level, his days of rushing around like he was the second coming of mike vick are over.

Maybe under the tutelage of a team he can come good, but he has had a college upbringing of bad habits in terms of pro style and they are hard to break.

I dont see him as a beast, i see him a flyer but if you actually have anything of substance to address what Im saying then ...

I will say this: if BB has an extended conversation with Tebow, he WILL be a Patriot. Tebow is smart, athletic, and is a natural leader. He has firey emotion and passion for the game that is virutally unmatched by anybody available in the draft. If he's available where BB likes him, he's wearing a Flying Elvis. He is EXACTLY BB's type of player. Smart, versatile, and a leader... no matter what position he plays.

I'd rather waste a pick on Tebow than find out later on that we lost out on a good, useful player when we've had a pipeline to him for the past 2-3 years. BB comes to UF every year during spring practice. He knows what he's getting out of Tebow, and has for a few years now. If he wants him ,he'll get him.

Agreed.

I don't think Tebow makes it out of the second round (and has a good shot of going in the 1st) and I wouldn't be even slightly surprised if the Pat's take him with their late 2nd if he's still there.

this is foresight and if all you have is sarcasm then save it. he has deficiencies in his game that are unacceptable and strengths that he wont be able to utilise to the same extent at this level, his days of rushing around like he was the second coming of mike vick are over.

Maybe under the tutelage of a team he can come good, but he has had a college upbringing of bad habits in terms of pro style and they are hard to break.

I dont see him as a beast, i see him a flyer but if you actually have anything of substance to address what Im saying then ...

There are tons of examples of people who "experts" said would never succeed in the NFL and others who were hailed as the 2nd coming who never amounted to anything, like I said, hindsight is 20/20.

As far as Tebow goes, we will only know for sure after we can look back but my money is on him. You can speculate all you want but all you are doing is speculating, don't talk as though you know for a fact because you dont.

I'm down here in the middle of "Gater" country and although I get completely sick of it....I have to say....This kid Tebow is for real.

He is a football player of special qualities....the most of which is, heart.

I, for one, would love to see him in a patriot uniform....He's like a Welker...Not necessarily the fastest, biggest, strongest guy out there, but has all the qualities to be a success...wherever and whatever position he ends up playing.

Pats could use a few more talented players who also have heart, particularly on D. Missing Bruschi, Vrabes and my man Harrison.

I don't know....this reeks of zero return on investment

its the nfl.......how many jeezus moment will there be before he gets into a slapping fight with nick kaczur

I'm down here in the middle of "Gater" country and although I get completely sick of it....I have to say....This kid Tebow is for real.

He is a football player of special qualities....the most of which is, heart.
I, for one, would love to see him in a patriot uniform....He's like a Welker...Not necessarily the fastest, biggest, strongest guy out there, but has all the qualities to be a success...wherever and whatever position he ends up playing.

Actually I think Tebow IS very fast, big and strong. Didn't he wow people at the combine? And he looks like a linebacker or TE. The only question is whether he falls far enough in the draft for BB to take him as a conversion project. BB might use a 4th or lower, but that ain't gonna happen, Tebow will be gone by then.

I agree that the Pats need more guys in the Welker mode, motivational-wise. But Tebow needs to (Please be quiet - edited) about all the abortion stuff. How often do you see rookies come into the league who are so vocal about their religions/political beliefs? Answer: never. (Dungy as a coach comes to mind). Some people like Tebow's outspokeness about his beliefs, however BB might beg to differ, asking what is more important to Tebow, football or using his NFL status to advance a non-football agenda and position himself to be a future celebrity outside of football.

Actually I think Tebow IS very fast, big and strong. Didn't he wow people at the combine? And he looks like a linebacker or TE. The only question is whether he falls far enough in the draft for BB to take him as a conversion project. BB might use a 4th or lower, but that ain't gonna happen, Tebow will be gone by then.

I agree that the Pats need more guys in the Welker mode, motivational-wise. But Tebow needs to (Please be quiet - edited) about all the abortion stuff. How often do you see rookies come into the league who are so vocal about their religions/political beliefs? Answer: never. (Dungy as a coach comes to mind). Some people like Tebow's outspokeness about his beliefs, however BB might beg to differ, asking what is more important to Tebow, football or using his NFL status to advance a non-football agenda and position himself to be a future celebrity outside of football.

Tebow may go to the Redskins with the fourth pick of the second round. I think if the Pats wanted him, they would have to use their first round pick to get him. That seems extremely unlikely to me.

He's like a Welker...Not necessarily the fastest, biggest, strongest guy out there, but has all the qualities to be a success...wherever and whatever position he ends up playing.
Welker is a very special player. Guys like him don't come along very often. To compare a probable second or third round pick to an undrafted guy who fought for everything he had is ludicrous. Tebow has done nothing to compare himself to Welker. All Tebow has done is look good at the Combine, and not all that good at that. Lots of hype, little substance.

Welker isn't Welker because he has heart. That's Bam Childress. Welker is Welker because he can get open against anyone and is the best slot receiver in the NFL.

If you need to compare Tebow to a Pat, compare him to Dan Klecko, a mid-round pick with tremendous heart, very coachable, high motor, played multiple positions, etc etc. And couldn't make it on the qualities you ascribe to Tebow.

The problem is that it isn't enough to be well-rounded and be able to play a lot of positions okay. You have to play one very well to make it in the NFL, particularly for a high round pick.

wasnt Tebow almost an abortion case himself? Or was he just an accident?

i DON'T REMEMBER which

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference