PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats holding private workout with Tebow

Status
Not open for further replies.
tebow says the prayer incident never happened. apparently someone is trying to drive down his stock.

Tebow denies Wonderlic incident | ProFootballTalk.com

Florio:

"Though I'm usually even more skeptical when someone tells me multiple times in a seven-minute conversation that he always tells the truth, when Tebow said it I believed it."

While Tebow's intelligence and charm can't be denied, this kind of gets to the crux of the problem I have with Tebow: The guy thinks he has it all figured out after just finishing his senior year in college. I know these types and I was one of them too at one point.

Guys that are always needing to tell people how great they are and believe they are infallable often end up being the biggest D-bags on the face of the earth. A guy like LdT comes to mind. :rolleyes:

It's a freaking joke that Tebow won't (Please be quiet - edited) about his religious agenda and if he thinks most NFL players [as opposed to malleable college undergrads] are going to be receptive to his attempts to make them question their own belief systems, he's very sadly mistaken.

Florio:

"Though I'm usually even more skeptical when someone tells me multiple times in a seven-minute conversation that he always tells the truth, when Tebow said it I believed it."

While Tebow's intelligence and charm can't be denied, this kind of gets to the crux of the problem I have with Tebow: The guy thinks he has it all figured out after just finishing his senior year in college. I know these types and I was one of them too at one point.

Guys that are always needing to tell people how great they are and believe they are infallable often end up being the biggest D-bags on the face of the earth. A guy like LdT comes to mind. :rolleyes:

It's a freaking joke that Tebow won't (Please be quiet - edited) about his religious agenda and if he thinks most NFL players [as opposed to malleable college undergrads] are going to be receptive to his attempts to make them question their own belief systems, he's very sadly mistaken.

Have you missed all the prayer sessions at midfield that players get together for? The reality is that, while people like yourself get offended at those who oppose vice and bad behavior while promoting a more wholesome lifestyle instead, there's an enormous chunk of the American population who get offended at those who pimp vice and bad behavior, and like seeing a more wholesome person/group/show/etc... on their tv screen and in their lives.

Have you missed all the prayer sessions at midfield that players get together for? The reality is that, while people like yourself get offended at those who oppose vice and bad behavior while promoting a more wholesome lifestyle instead, there's an enormous chunk of the American population who get offended at those who pimp vice and bad behavior, and like seeing a more wholesome person/group/show/etc... on their tv screen and in their lives.

Oh, the nerve of such peeps...

[Have you missed all the prayer sessions at midfield that players get together for? The reality is that, while people like yourself get offended at those who oppose vice and bad behavior while promoting a more wholesome lifestyle instead, there's an enormous chunk of the American population who get offended at those who pimp vice and bad behavior, and like seeing a more wholesome person/group/show/etc... on their tv screen and in their lives.

You're a real piece of work Deus--you've just confirmed it (for the millionth time). Are you really so delusional that you think that not liking people who think that their beliefs are unshakably correct and try to convert everyone to those beliefs is the same as not liking people who oppose criminality and moral bankruptcy? Classic case of religious xenophobia. I would have expected much better from you because you're obviously not a stupid person.

You're a real piece of work Deus--you've just confirmed it (for the millionth time). Are you really so delusional that you think that not liking people who think that their beliefs are unshakably correct and try to convert everyone to those beliefs is the same as not liking people who oppose criminality and moral bankruptcy? Classic case of religious xenophobia. I would have expected much better from you because you're obviously not a stupid person.

No he didn't say anything like that. You are the delusional one and come across as though you immensely dislike anybody that has strong religious beliefs.

Personally I'm not religious but I don't hold any grudge against anybody that does and they are as entitled as you or I to talk about their beliefs to others and indeed try to convince them that their beliefs are right.

This is a message board, people here hold different views on many, many things and mainly in football.

What you say about Tebow is ridiculous too, I admire the man for his determination to get better and I am perfectly fine with him talking about his religion if he chooses to do that. I don't have to listen to it if I don't want to but I won't cast him down for having strong religious beliefs, he is entitled to them. I don't see how you can say he will become a 'D-bag' either, he has never come across as anything but a straight up guy anytime I've seen him interviewed.

Maybe you have had problems in your own life that we don't know about but that post at the top of this page is just a shambles.

No he didn't say anything like that. You are the delusional one and come across as though you immensely dislike anybody that has strong religious beliefs.

Personally I'm not religious but I don't hold any grudge against anybody that does and they are as entitled as you or I to talk about their beliefs to others and indeed try to convince them that their beliefs are right.

This is a message board, people here hold different views on many, many things and mainly in football.

What you say about Tebow is ridiculous too, I admire the man for his determination to get better and I am perfectly fine with him talking about his religion if he chooses to do that. I don't have to listen to it if I don't want to but I won't cast him down for having strong religious beliefs, he is entitled to them. I don't see how you can say he will become a 'D-bag' either, he has never come across as anything but a straight up guy anytime I've seen him interviewed.

Maybe you have had problems in your own life that we don't know about but that post at the top of this page is just a shambles.

No, never had one single problem in my life. I've never felt the need to question anything--it's been pure bliss. I've never felt the need nor had the occasion to question any beliefs that I might have held as a kid or while going to college. :rolleyes:

For the record, I am a religious person and was raised in a Christian family. I'm NOT bashing religion or Christianity. I am bashing the idea that one's personal beliefs are always the right ones and therefore everyone who doesn't feel exactly the same is necessarily wrong.

My god some of you people are simply staggeringly myopic.

in the land of the blind the cyclops is king

The guy thinks he has it all figured out after just finishing his senior year in college. I know these types and I was one of them too at one point.

That's called "projection", you're not telling us anything about Tebow but rather about yourself.

My comments had nothing to do with "religious xenophobia", and everything to do with responding to the specifics in your post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft