PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats holding private workout with Tebow

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's saying he's above the rest of the team by wearing his TB12 hat

seriously? So, Bill wearing a hoodie with the initials BB is a bad thing, and can hurt the team? You do realize that Brady has missed a couple days of the first VOLUNTARY workouts,,,right? Wait till after the draft, and if he doesnt show up for the passing camp. Then come back, and b*tch about him.

He's saying he's above the rest of the team by wearing his TB12 hat, when he wears a Yankees hat he's saying he's a fan of the Yankees, big difference.

You probably shouldn't post when you're drunk.

Agree with you RodThePat some people just want to hate on Brady wishing that he was not with the Pats he is like a son to Kraft and will be a Pat till he retires

You're aware that that very same phrase was used, but about Bledsoe, just before he was benched and subsequently traded? :eek::eek::eek:

He's saying he's above the rest of the team by wearing his TB12 hat, when he wears a Yankees hat he's saying he's a fan of the Yankees, big difference.

There should be a vote, each day, on the dumbest comment posted.

Here's the hands down winner for yesterday.

"He's saying he's above the rest of the team by wearing his TB12 hat" - That's gold right there. Classic. :bricks:

Here's the bright side if the Pats take Tebow with one of their first 4-5 picks, I will seriously contemplate giving up on the Pats and stop posting on this site. This could definitely be the last straw for me.

This post epitomises why I LOVE draft time. Me, I know nada about any college players, but I get my jollies watching as draftnik nerds have Class A meltdowns as players they love don't get picked by BB or as too often these days happens, BB picks some stiff. Classic.

Last edited:
:rofl:
This post epitomises why I LOVE draft time. Me, I know nada about any college players, but I get my jollies watching as draftnik nerds have Class A meltdowns as players they love don't get picked by BB or as too often these days happens, BB picks some stiff. Classic.

:rofl::agree: I love your honesty and your bluntness. Count me in also. Do some of these "draftnik nerds" as you call them have any say in what BB does or who they want? LMAO!

:ditto:

I'll be extremely disappointed if we waste one of our second round picks on this guy.

Tebow was quoted as saying " If the Patriots draft me, I will show up for work, work hard, and be a leader, unlike your current quarterback."

What is untrue about what I wrote?

I'v never made any attempt to conceal that I don't like the direction Brady has been going in, after playing like he did this year I would hope that he'd be in Foxboro busting his behind to regain top form but he's not, I think we've already seen the best from him, even Eli Manning is training with his team right now.

I hope I'm wrong but he seems to be drifting more and more towards celebrity world and he certainly doesn't seem to have that fire driving him anymore. I can't blame someone for shifting their focus towards their family or other interests but if that's the case we shouldn't expect that we'll see anything close to 07 Brady again, which is why it's a good idea to look for a replacement.

Also, exactly what kind of leadership is he displaying by wearing that awful "TB12" hat? Old school Brady wouldn't have worn a hat glorifying himself, he would have worn a Patriots hat. I can't help but think that in the back of many player's heads they don't quite feel the same way about him.

Really?

Everytime I think I've seen the dumbest post that Patsfans has to offer, someone finds a way to re-set the bar.

You probably shouldn't post when you're drunk.

Tat gullll darn TIMN BRADDDY thin he bettyr the me??????? I throw sdda FOOSBALL!

I'm not as much as a draft nerd as I was in the past. But, to be honest, I don't know who most of these players are in this draft and haven't seen them play very much except for Florida players and USC players.
I don't care which players the Pats take as long as it fills their needs. Tim Tebow is not a need and as most people agree, he will be a horrible NFL QB. If the Pats take Tebow within their first 4 picks, I'm sure the move would tick off Brady. In fact, this move will tell me everything I need to know about the Pats plan, they don't want to win now and are planning on life without Tom Brady. This move will be the last straw for me and I'm sure me not posting here anymore would be a lot of people happy.

Last edited:
Matt Cassel barely played in college and became an NFL QB ... but many say Tebow cannot become an NFL QB.
I totally do not understand what point you are trying to make here. Yes, Cassel barely played in college and he became an NFL QB. Yes, almost every personnel man thinks Tebow will not be an NFL QB.

Okay. Is there anything more? What does that "but" mean in your sentence? The two statements aren't related in any way?

I'm not as much as a draft nerd as I was in the past. But, to be honest, I don't know who most of these players are in this draft and haven't seen them play very much except for Florida players and USC players.
I don't care which players the Pats take as long as it fills their needs. Tim Tebow is not a need and as most people agree, he will be a horrible NFL QB. If the Pats take Tebow within their first 4 picks, I'm sure the move would tick off Brady. In fact, this move will tell me everything I need to know about the Pats plan, they don't want to win now and are planning on life without Tom Brady. This move will be the last straw for me and I'm sure me not posting here anymore would be a lot of people happy.

Tebow will be a great NFL quarterback and he fills a need. If Tom's knee, shoulder, foot, finger, injuries reappear as he gets older we will have a quality replacement. Obviously we disagree on Tebow's ability to play QB, but Belichick has the final say and I think he knows more than I do on the subject.

Tebow will be a great NFL quarterback and he fills a need. If Tom's knee, shoulder, foot, finger, injuries reappear as he gets older we will have a quality replacement. Obviously we disagree on Tebow's ability to play QB, but Belichick has the final say and I think he knows more than I do on the subject.
A Brady replacement? Tebow is a gimmick, and could replace guys like McNabb, Vick, etc, but Brady? Bad idea. I think backups are better when they can step in and play should the QB go down. That means being able to use the same basic plays and playbook the starting QB does. So backups for Brady include a lot of guys but not Tebow. Or Pat White.

I understand the success Michael Bishop had here playing on third down for Bledsoe, and it is possible that Tebow could enjoy the same success as Bishop, but if the team wants a replacemetn for Brady, I think the team is better off looking for a replacement for Brady, not a complimentary piece. Tebow would be great as a gimmick QB, and if he could play TE one tenth as well as Edelman and Randal El played WR, he'll be fine

Here's the bright side if the Pats take Tebow with one of their first 4-5 picks, I will seriously contemplate giving up on the Pats and stop posting on this site. This could definitely be the last straw for me.
Wow. This is a tough call. Don't want Tebow, but you make a good case for rooting to draft him.

A Brady replacement? Tebow is a gimmick, and could replace guys like McNabb, Vick, etc, but Brady? Bad idea. I think backups are better when they can step in and play should the QB go down. That means being able to use the same basic plays and playbook the starting QB does. So backups for Brady include a lot of guys but not Tebow. Or Pat White.

I understand the success Michael Bishop had here playing on third down for Bledsoe, and it is possible that Tebow could enjoy the same success as Bishop, but if the team wants a replacemetn for Brady, I think the team is better off looking for a replacement for Brady, not a complimentary piece. Tebow would be great as a gimmick QB, and if he could play TE one tenth as well as Edelman and Randal El played WR, he'll be fine

Well we obviously disagree. I am happy to let Bill Belichick decide.

I'd rather draft Konz. Now that guy is a freak, could play TE, FB, or H-Back. I think Tebow is similar except he's not quite as athletic and he still thinks he's a QB. :)

I like Tebow's competitive attitude and his power of positive thinking though... Maybe we can hire him as a motivational speaker? :p

Heh
Relax, Bro. Pats are not gonna spend a 1 or 2 round pick on Tebow

Although I don't think we should use any of our first 4 picks on Tebow, if we do,he'll be a better asset to the team than what Brace will ever be for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back