PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats - Colts Divisional Round Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little worried that Brady's cold is actually the flu. I know a lot of people have caught the flu lately.

Be thankful this game is not in indy where the colts staff would have turned up the heat in the pats locker room....

A little worried that Brady's cold is actually the flu. I know a lot of people have caught the flu lately.

Agreed. Not good and I hope it's not one of those things going through the locker room.

Though he did play through 103 fever when they rolled over the Steelers in the AFCCG in 04/05.

And I'd say it's official Dobson is not playing. Walking boot on and not talking to reporters.

MikeReiss Mike Reiss
WR Aaron Dobson walks through locker room with a protective boot on left foot. Politely declines interview request.

broken bone in foot?

I'm not too optimistic that even another 1.5 weeks or even 3.5 weeks gets him back on the field and making hard cuts.

not like we will ever know what bone, what kind of break, or anything though.

From arrested 7 times to undrafted rookie to starting for the Patriots in the playoffs, will KT rise to the occasion?

How sweet if he pulled a James Starks in the postseason for us. :D

Well maybe Dobson will need foot surgery in off-season, I hope he chooses the same doctor that operate on Minitron earlier this year, he certainly installed a hot fix, JE11 didn't get injured this season and put up 1000 yards :rocker:

From arrested 7 times to undrafted rookie to starting for the Patriots in the playoffs, will KT rise to the occasion?

How sweet if he pulled a James Starks in the postseason for us. :D

Who is the least previously heralded/most previously unknown Patriot to come up huge in the postseason? (and other than Brady in 2001).

Vrabel with 2 Super Bowl touchdowns as a receiver would be up there. 14 receptions in 10 years, two in the Super Bowl. Not that he was unknown or a hack or anything.

Among role player / deep roster guys, I don't know. JR Redmond had only 13 catches all year but those 3 toward the end of the 2001 Super Bowl were incredibly clutch.

Who is the least previously heralded/most previously unknown Patriot to come up huge in the postseason? (and other than Brady in 2001).

Vrabel with 2 Super Bowl touchdowns as a receiver would be up there. 14 receptions in 10 years, two in the Super Bowl. Not that he was unknown or a hack or anything.

Among role player / deep roster guys, I don't know. JR Redmond had only 13 catches all year but those 3 toward the end of the 2001 Super Bowl were incredibly clutch.
I don't know if you want to put David Givens on that list. He was in his 2nd year in 2003 and did have 500+ yards and 6 TDs during the regular season but came up with 17 grabs and 2 TDs during that playoff run. Of course he was a starting WR, so...

I feel like Thompkins is going to have a big game somewhere in the playoffs. he certainly doesnt lack for confidence. made the game winning catch against the saints. made some clutch catches against denver.

he's pretty fast too. since it looks like dobson is a no-go hopefully he can provide that deep threat at the x-receiver spot

Jabar Gaffney in 2006. Had 11 catches and 1 TD in the 11 games he played in the regular season, and then 21 catches for 3 TDs (including that beautiful toe-tapper in the back of the end zone against the Colts) in the 3 games in the postseason. He went on to be a very good #3 WR for the rest of his time in New England, but he came out of nowhere in those playoffs.

Hank Poteat is another one from the Super Bowl years.

I feel like Thompkins is going to have a big game somewhere in the playoffs. he certainly doesnt lack for confidence. made the game winning catch against the saints. made some clutch catches against denver.

he's pretty fast too. since it looks like dobson is a no-go hopefully he can provide that deep threat at the x-receiver spot

I hope you're right, but he hasn't exactly looked great in beating his coverage too much this year, has he?

That's been one of the biggest knocks on him, outside from running terribly rounded and "un-sharp" routes, which is huge in this kind of system and chemistry with Brady as the timing is thrown off.

If he just replicated 1/2 of what Brandon Llyod did last season, we'd likely be fine. Unfortunately, that may be too much to ask from him. Let's hope he somehow earns Brady's trust this week in practice and is able to beat his man on the field, but I'm not holding my breath that it'll happen on the level that we'd need it to. Once again it looks like the lack of WR talent and diversity could hurt us at the biggest and most important time of the season. Of course Gronkowski being injured in the past 3 postseasons hasn't helped that cause any either...

I don't understand. Is he just out and out saying he wants the Pats to lose? Not that I care. I don't read or listen to him at all.

This is the 3rd yr in a row where he's pulled this tired act.

First it was vs DEN in 2011, then last year vs HOU in 2012 when "the Texans were going to get blown out and may as well not even show up," and now vs IND in 2013.

He is such a turd. His hatred for the Pats is no secret. Felger is nowhere near as bad.

i can guarantee he would be singing a different tune if every guy was healthy on D and we had gronk ect. What a turd

If every guy was healthy on D and they had Gronk, they'd be a different team. He may be overselling things, but the rational among us realize that this is an underpowered team, and that 12-4 is incredibly generous given all they had to fight through over the course of the season.

If every guy was healthy on D and they had Gronk, they'd be a different team. He may be overselling things, but the rational among us realize that this is an underpowered team, and that 12-4 is incredibly generous given all they had to fight through over the course of the season.

or maybe this is an improved team :rolleyes:

I can't be the only one that realized by losing the older veteran players the patriots have gotten faster and more youthful. This young defense had bail out a struggling offense most of the season.

That's not a knock on the injured players.

or maybe this is an improved team :rolleyes:

I can't be the only one that realized by losing the older veteran players the patriots have gotten faster and more youthful.

That's not a knock on the injured players.

:confused:

They've upgraded over the venerable Gronk, Dobson (assuming he can't go), Vollmer, Spikes and Mayo, have they? Amendola's injury is now magically 100% healed, too?

The only injuries where age of replacements is even remotely a factor are on the defensive line, to Wilfork and Kelly, and I don't think there's a human being on the planet who's high enough to claim the replacements there are better than the starters.

I agree; It's unfortunate we couldn't have this season: Gronk, a non-murderous AHern, Wilfork, Mayo, and either a healthy Amendola or Welker -- I think we'd have been 14-2 or 15-1 with the team we expected in training camp.

But in reality I've got mixed feelings about this season -- even if they lose to the Colts, I think they've overachieved this season; but the window for a Brady superbowl is closing, so we could really use either a lot of luck or our players all having 3 career games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes