PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre-Game Thread- Colts @ Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashley

Banned
Reaction score
Coming off a win against the Jets, this is a winnable game against the Colts. I haven't seen them play this year, but know they just switched to Ehlinger at QB last week. Their offense is led by Jonathan Taylor and Michael Pittman and defensively then have Bukner and our old friend Stephon Gilmore. Another opportunity to shut down a young qb with a struggling offense.

Hopefully, we'll get back some of our injured players including Barmore, Dugger and Andrews. Our line is going to have to play better, it was a bad performance against the Jets. Would be nice to get a win over an AFC competitor.

Let's discuss!!!!

Gilmore got badly beaten for Washington's winning TD. The other guy just wanted it more. We are usually the kind of team who give inexperienced QBs a hard time. I'd expect this to be the same against Indy. Really a must win if we harbour any sort of realistic playoff chances.

Belichick vs. a second year QB in his second start should mean the defense should have a great game. Granted they still have to worry about Jonathan Taylor which could be the great equalizer. Although Taylor hasn't been the dominant threat this year he was last year even before he got injured.

BTW, this is the knock on Parker. He has a problem staying healthy. Hopefully, he will be back on Sunday. But with his track record, I am not betting on it.

A game we should win but you can't be confident given the way Mac is playing against a good defense.

BTW, this is the knock on Parker. He has a problem staying healthy. Hopefully, he will be back on Sunday. But with his track record, I am not betting on it.
I also think this is another reason why we won't see Agholor or Bourne traded before the deadline. I like our depth at wr now, but all it takes is one or two injuries and we're looking very thin at that position.

Ehlinger seemed pretty competent and has good presence. He's not going to wilt like Wilson.
That said, it seems Taylor is gimpy with that ankle. But Colts WR's are a threat.
It's going to take a solid game on both sides for us. Can we keep Rham grinding, and start to spread the ball in the pass game?
Mac hasn't won at home since last January, this one could really get us over the hump.

I thought Mac wasn't great yesterday, thought the O-line did him no favors though, we need him to play better going forward. BB thought he did a "nice job".

We really need this game for a chance stay above .500 for the season.
I still think our best shot is 9-8 this year.
There's no chance we beat BUF x2, @MIN, CIN - I think that's a sure 4 losses.
If we sneak into the wildcard that's great, but it'll be another 1 and done.

I also think this is another reason why we won't see Agholor or Bourne traded before the deadline. I like our depth at wr now, but all it takes is one or two injuries and we're looking very thin at that position.

Agholor could go if they can find a suitor just because his skills are redundant to Thornton. If Parker is out next week, I would assume Bourne would get most of his reps.

Lets not pump the tires on the Indianapolis defense - they've gotten fat on Houston, Jacksonville twice, Denver, Washington (backup qb), and Tennessee twice. These are all bottom half of the NFL ppg offenses. The Pats should be able to muster more than a touchdown and a handful of field goals at home on Sunday. This SHOULD be a "get it right" game for the offense. They need to get this offense functioning like an NFL offense that can score touchdowns and not make Nick Folk set the NFL field goal attempt record. Seventeen offensive touchdowns through 8 games is not going to cut it in the 2022 NFL. It sounds contradictory because Jones is an INT waiting to happen, but they need to be more aggressive inside the 20s. .

Last edited by a moderator:
Bourne have been disappointing even before the injury I'm slowly giving up.

Bourne have been disappointing even before the injury I'm slowly giving up.

Bourne isn't being given the opportunities. When he is actually on the field and targeted, he performs. Bourne has caught 11 of his 15 targets this year. The problem is you cannot catch the ball if you are not on the field or being phased out of the offense. Another example of the poor coaching by Patricia.

Bourne isn't being given the opportunities. When he is actually on the field and targeted, he performs. Bourne has caught 11 of his 15 targets this year. The problem is you cannot catch the ball if you are not on the field or being phased out of the offense. Another example of the poor coaching by Patricia.
Rob I'm not fan of Patricia period but he doesn't have the football in his hands to distribute it about. I can see with my naked eyes that Mac doesn't see the field very well witch equates to him missing open Targets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back