PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots trying to convince Wilfork to restructure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Vince has a lot of pride. I fear that he would rather play for 3 million per year for another team than accommodate the Patriots in any way whatsoever.

I doubt that. That'd be sad. But u may be correct.

Big Vince has a lot of pride. I fear that he would rather play for 3 million per year for another team than accommodate the Patriots in any way whatsoever.

There's a whole lot of territory between "It's $11.6m, and I'm not agreeing to even the slightest change" and "Here, Vince, you'll take this lump of **** contract and like it."

There's a whole lot of territory between "It's $11.6m, and I'm not agreeing to even the slightest change" and "Here, Vince, you'll take this lump of **** contract and like it."

I suspect that the latter may be taking place.

@RapSheet: #Patriots have yet to broach the topic of a new deal for Vince Wilfork, who has an $11.6M cap charge. Makes sense to do so in coming days

Ian's response to a twitter user claiming that they already did:

.@RapSheet: @jonofbruce nope

@RapSheet: @John_Carpenter1 I was told those talks have not happened yet

Anybody here follow Bianca Wilfork on twitter?
Inside scoop possibilities!

We have $15M of cap room and can restructure Mankins for $3M more. We don't need the space at the moment.

Perhaps the team is waiting a bit in order to better evaluate Wilfork and PERHAPS also see what's out there in the DT market. An acquisition would put the team in much better shape in any negotiations with Wilfork.

I just don't see the team carrying the $8M of Wilfork's salary into camp.

While this is also true with regard to Kelly, the team can afford to wait until August to make any decisions or negotiations. The money is relatively small.

Re: Patriots trying to convince mWilfork to restructure

Make him an offer he can't refuse. Sign or get cut. Probably won't be ready to play next year anyeay. Too fat and injured. A year of recouping while on as a coach would be ideal. No cap space spent and no roster spot taken. If he recovers and there's room then put him on mid season.

Make him an offer he can't refuse. Sign or get cut. Probably won't be ready to play next year anyeay. Too fat and injured. A year of recouping while on as a coach would be ideal. No cap space spent and no roster spot taken. If he recovers and there's room then put him on mid season.

You really have no clue whatsoever of the realities of NFL player market and contracts, do you?

You really have no clue whatsoever of the realities of NFL player market and contracts, do you?

400 pound guys on one leg aren't worth much. That's what I know. You know differently huh?

Well, there's one less DT on the market.

Adam Schefter is reporting Red Bryant has reached a 4 year deal with the Jaguars.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter

will be interesting to see the #s

Vince may be willing to extend his contract 3 more years at 8 million per year, all guaranteed. Then, his base salary for 2014 can be guaranteed and spread out over 4 years.

Well, there's one less DT on the market.

Adam Schefter is reporting Red Bryant has reached a 4 year deal with the Jaguars.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter

will be interesting to see the #s

*DE

He was tried out at DT for awhile and was pretty much a bust. He only really plays one position (LDE) and he's primarily a run stuffer.

Vince may be willing to extend his contract 3 more years at 8 million per year, all guaranteed. Then, his base salary for 2014 can be guaranteed and spread out over 4 years.

Why would New England do that?

*DE

He was tried out at DT for awhile and was pretty much a bust. He only really plays one position (LDE) and he's primarily a run stuffer.

Why would New England do that?

This is probably what Wilfork expects and would agree to.

That would be the dumbest move ever by guaranteeing 24 million dollars to a 32 year old defensive tackle coming off a major injury who didn't even seem like himself prior to the injury.

You need to get a clue

Miguel is the man! Conratulations on getting cited by Tom E. Curran. Have you met Mary Paoletti?

Miguel has the option to invoke his 5th amendment rights on that question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday