PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots' Training Camp Day 3 (Sunday July 28)

On the flip side, those saying that there were mixed reports on Dobson aren't saying that he's terrible. It's more that they AREN'T saying "OMG< BEST WR EVER ! ", "HE'S A STUD!", "HE'S A LOCK!", that kind of thing.

It's not to sour or dampen the mood per se, rather, it comes across as trying to temper it a bit.

But not where this argument came from. Deus said that the press are having differing opinions on the play of certain players and he gave Dobson as an example. Except the opinions by the press on Dobson has been pretty universally glowing. That is my point.

I am and always have been a guy that believes training camp reviews really don't mean much. It is great to hear guys especially highly drafted rookies are playing really well early in camp. But that and about $5 will get you a cafe mocha-chino at Starbucks.

I never said Dobson is a stud or that he will even be good this year. All I have said is that the reports of him in camp thus far are universally glowing. But Chad Jackson had universally glowing reviews either during the OTAs/minicamp or early part of training camp (I can't remember for sure). So I admit it means very little.

You have not been here long enough to even know what Deus has said since the Patriots drafted Dobson and you clearly have not read what Deus has said in the past.

True. I have read what Deus has said in this thread though, which causes me to wonder just what in the world you all are pissing and moaning about.

True. I have read what Deus has said in this thread though, which causes me to wonder just what in the world you all are pissing and moaning about.

Do yourself a favor - shhhhhhhh because you don't know what you are talking about.

Re: Video: Patriots' Training Camp Day 3 (Sunday July 28)

Video from Patriots Camp 2013, Day 3.

I'll leave the commentary to those who know a little about football. I enjoy watching it, and hope you enjoy watching this.

Not really up to par with the quality of past years as the lighting was tough and the last 6 minutes was shot with my cell phone as my camera battery crapped out pretty early. Still, if you were wishing you were there today you might find a few minutes in this to be of interest.

This was very awesome, thanks for posting it. I'm gonna yourepeat it tomorrow while I'm at work just so it will feel like I'm at camp.

But not where this argument came from. Deus said that the press are having differing opinions on the play of certain players and he gave Dobson as an example. Except the opinions by the press on Dobson has been pretty universally glowing. That is my point.

I am and always have been a guy that believes training camp reviews really don't mean much. It is great to hear guys especially highly drafted rookies are playing really well early in camp. But that and about $5 will get you a cafe mocha-chino at Starbucks.

I never said Dobson is a stud or that he will even be good this year. All I have said is that the reports of him in camp thus far are universally glowing. But Chad Jackson had universally glowing reviews either during the OTAs/minicamp or early part of training camp (I can't remember for sure). So I admit it means very little.

Here's the outlandish comment that Deus made that started this little *****fest.

As is to be expected, we're getting inconsistent reports about individual players. That's great to see.

Now, let's go back and glance at what Deus read through in this thread before he made that statement. We will focus on Dobson even though Deus didn't specify him in his initial statement.

• Dobson is a decent blocker, likes contact
  • Dobson had a step on Dennard and underthrown by Mallett
  • Seven on seven Brady working to Amendola and Dobson
  • Dobson nice release off line Mallett connects
  • Dobson continues making plays ...deep dig from Mallett
  • Dobson burnt Ras I on this play
  • Dobson and Amendola have been good, but had some hiccups
  • Brady to Dobson, that kid is a player
  • Michael Jenkins, Kamar Aiken, Kyle Arrington impressed in CB-WR 1 on 1s. Dobson, Dowling... Not so much.
  • Practice over. Really getting an appreciation for Amendola and Dobson. Amendola so technical and sound. Dobson very smooth, always open
  • While Amendola and Dobson didn't have their best day, they are so smooth and make it look easy
  • Dobson couldn't get off the press in 1 on 1s. Struggled big time in that drill. Didn't have much of a wiggle at the line. Wasn't physical.
  • Talib said he’s been real impressed with Dobson and Thompkins’ ability to get off the line. “Either you have it or you don’t”

Looks to me like Deus was dead on in his assessment as there ARE conflicting reports there.

Do yourself a favor - shhhhhhhh because you don't know what you are talking about.

From what I've seen of your posts since I got here, you rarely, if ever, know what you are talking about, yet you don't let that stop you.

I'll leave the commentary to those who know a little about football. I enjoy watching it, and hope you enjoy watching this.

Not really up to par with the quality of past years as the lighting was tough and the last 6 minutes was shot with my cell phone as my camera battery crapped out pretty early. Still, if you were wishing you were there today you might find a few minutes in this to be of interest.

Great work Flyboy, this deserves multiple bumps. Went to my first TC today and definitely don't mind watching it again.

Again great work and much thanks

From what I've seen of your posts since I got here, you rarely, if ever, know what you are talking about, yet you don't let that stop you.

Then you are either clearly blind and/or don't know how to read.

Here's the outlandish comment that Deus made that started this little *****fest.

Now, let's go back and glance at what Deus read through in this thread before he made that statement. We will focus on Dobson even though Deus didn't specify him in his initial statement.

• Michael Jenkins, Kamar Aiken, Kyle Arrington impressed in CB-WR 1 on 1s. Dobson, Dowling... Not so much.
  • Practice over. Really getting an appreciation for Amendola and Dobson. Amendola so technical and sound. Dobson very smooth, always open
  • While Amendola and Dobson didn't have their best day, they are so smooth and make it look easy
  • Dobson couldn't get off the press in 1 on 1s. Struggled big time in that drill. Didn't have much of a wiggle at the line. Wasn't physical.
  • Talib said he’s been real impressed with Dobson and Thompkins’ ability to get off the line. “Either you have it or you don’t”

Looks to me like Deus was dead on in his assessment as there ARE conflicting reports there.

Looks like to me that Demos is a borderline idiot. Those statements are called observations. Not assessments. You do know what the difference is between observations and assessments, don't you?

I really think its a negative if Fells makes this roster, he is going to be 30 years old in the first month of the season and at his best he is a JAG. I want 2-3 of these players; Hoomanawanui (age 25), Ballard (age 25), Sudfeld (age 24), or Ford (age 23) to make up the depth chart behind Gronkowski.

My preference would be as listed below.

Gronkowski
Ballard
Sudfeld
Ford

I like 3 of the 4 listed.

I might want Hooman instead of Suds/Ford for the experience. Let the rookies battle it out for the 4th spot. With any luck one will make it onto the practice squad.

With Gronk possibly missing a few games at the beginning of the season, I wouldn't want Ballard to be the only veteran TE on the field. :)

Here is the quote I was replying to:

I was referring to the mixed reports about players on the field (i.e. Dobson)....

This is just his negativity because the Pats didn't sign Welker. Go look at the Aaron Dobson thread where he says that the Pats get an F for letting Welker go and that grade is final and no longer debatable even if we find out this year they were right to let him go because he hit the age wall like many other veterans the Pats have let go at the right time.

Even the reports you point to are weak arguments for mixed reports. So one report said Dobson was good, but had a few hiccups. How is that a mixed reviews? It is a positive review. What rookie WR in his first three days in training camp in a new system doesn't have a few hiccups.

Yet another one of the quotes you highlighted said Dobson didn't have his best day, but he is smooth and making it look easy. How is that a mixed review. So it was his worst day of his first three days, but still playing well. Another positive review.

And again, two of the other ones you highlighted spoke of the one drill we are talking about.

So you took two reviews that were fairly positive and spun it to a mixed review. Again, other than reports of that one drill in question. The reviews of Dobson have been near universally positive.

Mixed reviews would be some reports stating that Dobson is struggling while other say he is plsying well. Every report on him other than one drill clearly states he is playing well. They may not say there isn't room for improvement. But other than that one drill, no one has produced a single remotely negative review of the guy.

Looks like to me that Demos is a borderline idiot. Those statements are called observations. Not assessments. You do know what the difference is between observations and assessments, don't you?

And two of the mixed reviews he posted are actually positive reviews.

This is just his negativity because the Pats didn't sign Welker. Go look at the Aaron Dobson thread where he says that the Pats get an F for letting Welker go and that grade is final and no longer debatable even if we find out this year they were right to let him go because he hit the age wall like many other veterans the Pats have let go at the right time.

Even the reports you point to are weak arguments for mixed reports. So one report said Dobson was good, but had a few hiccups. How is that a mixed reviews? It is a positive review.

Yet another one of the quotes you highlighted said Dobson didn't have his best day, but he is smooth and making it look easy. How is that a mixed review. So it was his worst day of his first three days, but still playing well. Another positive review.

And again, two of the other ones you highlighted spoke of the one drill we are talking about.

So you took two reviews that were fairly positive and spun it to a mixed review. Again, other than reports of that one drill in question. The reviews of Dobson have been near universally positive.

Rob - Demos doesn't even know what the difference is between an observation and assessment. This is par for the course with him. As far as I am concerned, if someone wrote two statements and they are different, then Demos would call it an assessment. He is a Tebow troll and fittingly so.

Ok, I am done hijacking this thread over the Dobson reviews. It is clear that the reviews of Dobson are almost universally positive. No need to argue this any farther. In all honesty, probably wasn't even worth arguing it in the first place.

Thanks for sharing the link it was good to see.

Rob - Demos doesn't even know what the difference is between an observation and assessment. This is par for the course with him. As far as I am concerned, if someone wrote two statements and they are different, then Demos would call it an assessment. He is a Tebow troll and fittingly so.

The definition of a Troll is someone saying outrageous things in order to get a rise out of people .

Please post one example of demos " trolling"

As usual this will be the part where you don't post an example .

This is the kind of posting from you that I've been talking about. Welker is an entirely separate issue from Dobson, yet you're trying to fuse them together. I wanted the team to draft a pair of WRs, for example, and I've got no problem with Dobson being one of them. As a matter of fact, if you were to slot the Patriots draft picks according to how I felt about them, Dobson would be the one I'm happiest about, and would be slotted at #1.

If I had been focusing on a WR I had an 'issue' with, it would have been Boyce, as I'd much rather the team had traded in order to get Wheaton.

As I said earlier, you misread my post and wrote a bunch of irrelevant nonsense.

Someone PM me on here when we are all ready to go torch and pitchfork mob justice on belichick103948109832410938.

And it seems to me that you make Forrest Gump look like a freaking Mensa member.

Case in point. You are harping on the difference between "observations" and "assessments", asking if I know the difference between the two. You take pains to point out that all those statements were "observations" asking if I know the difference between the two. The implication here is that I called those "observations" "assessments".

here's the only occurrence of me using the word assessment:

Holy smokes Batman. The only thing I referred to as an "assessment" was Deus's actual "assessment".

Looks like you screwed the pooch there cupcake. Perhaps you should stop trying to ASSESS my intelligence and instead focus on some basic reading comprehension.

You use the word troll for anyone you don't agree with . The definitional of a Troll is someone saying outrageous things in order to get a rise out of people .

Please post one example of demos " trolling"

As usual this will be the part where you shut up and don't post an example .

With pleasure -

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...d/10/1036213-sbb-s-tc-2013-day-2-a-page5.html

I'd love to know what kind of drugs you are on. You want to say that Flutie was a better Pro QB, I'd agree at this point. But to claim that Flutie was a better Heisman QB? Are you serious? - Tebow was not the better college quarterback and that was by a long shot.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...mallett-11-tebow-17-a-page20.html#post3488418

What you have done is spout a bunch of BS which you have been repeatedly called on by manx and others.

As for Mallet, what's to discuss at this point ? You saw him last year and haven't seen him since. You were happy with his development last year so there's no issue. You haven't seen him perform yet this year, so there's no way to really say how much he has improved.

Once camp rolls around, people, including me, will start talking about the other guys on the field once we start to see something from them.

Seriously, if you want to defuse the Tebow talk, stop trying to prove that he's the worst QB to ever play in the NFL and that there's absolutely no way he'll make the roster. Just hang out and see what happens.

And this is between all of the Obama, Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin and any other political conversations that he is a part of.

He is not here to discuss anything about the Patriots unless it is either involving Tebow or some topic where one of the "senior members of this board" is a part of of which he wants to make sure that he supports their supposed point of view.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back