PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots' Training Camp Day 3 (Sunday July 28)

You have not been here long enough to even know what Deus has said since the Patriots drafted Dobson and you clearly have not read what Deus has said in the past.

Blech90210, you started posting on April 4th, 2013.

You can stop acting like The Wise Old Veteran, now. ;)

Absolutely, but I was going off their Combine weigh-ins:

Gronk: 6'6 2/8" 258 lbs
Ballard: 6'6 1/8" 265 lbs

Now Gronk dwarfs him? :confused:

He dwarfs'm in Moral Stature. ;)

Chill out man. Grab yourself a bottle of vodka and watch Bo Derek parade around in a swimsuit for a little.

He did, but then Demosthenes came along and stole her away from him.

Thank you for the write up. Do you have anything on George Winn by any chance - there's no talk of him.

Hey manx, your binky has received no coverage, so I'll give it a go. :D

- Winn looks and runs like Jonathan Dwyer (idk if that's good or bad to you). He has that big, slight chunky look and that plodding forward motion with his legs. I imagine he could break a tackle or two or push the pile for a couple of yards like BJGE.
-Speed wise, he looks pretty slow. Ridley and Bolden aren't the fastest backs and they look noticeably quicker IMO. I'd say his speeds equal to Blount.
-The few times he got in the 11 on 11 drills he seemed to hit the right hole. Atleast he's decisive and not hesitating/dancing.

That's all I got. He'll be someone to watch in the 4th quarter of the preseason. It looks like he'll suffer from what BJGE did in 08 with 5 veterans above him (maroney, morris, faulk, jordan, evans) The PS seems like a good fit.

Hey manx, your binky has received no coverage, so I'll give it a go. :D

- Winn looks and runs like Jonathan Dwyer (idk if that's good or bad to you). He has that big, slight chunky look and that plodding forward motion with his legs. I imagine he could break a tackle or two or push the pile for a couple of yards like BJGE.
-Speed wise, he looks pretty slow. Ridley and Bolden aren't the fastest backs and they look noticeably quicker IMO. I'd say his speeds equal to Blount.
-The few times he got in the 11 on 11 drills he seemed to hit the right hole. Atleast he's decisive and not hesitating/dancing.

That's all I got. He'll be someone to watch in the 4th quarter of the preseason. It looks like he'll suffer from what BJGE did in 08 with 5 veterans above him (maroney, morris, faulk, jordan, evans) The PS seems like a good fit.

Thanks for that. If you look in his own thread, I compared him with BJGE so what you're saying ties in nicely with that. I think where Winn stands a chance of making the roster is that he offers, ball security, special teams, blitz pickup and all those other less glamorous fundamental things that RBs have to do. Certainly Blount struggles with some of those and I think it might come down to him v Bolden. But as you say, it's a longshot. Appreciate you taking the time.

Re: Video: Patriots' Training Camp Day 3 (Sunday July 28)

Video from Patriots Camp 2013, Day 3.

I'll leave the commentary to those who know a little about football. I enjoy watching it, and hope you enjoy watching this.

Not really up to par with the quality of past years as the lighting was tough and the last 6 minutes was shot with my cell phone as my camera battery crapped out pretty early. Still, if you were wishing you were there today you might find a few minutes in this to be of interest.

Thanks for posting it.

Patriots' Training Camp Day 3:

PatsFans message board chaos. :eek:

Patriots' Training Camp Day 3:

PatsFans message board chaos. :eek:

Well in the interest of POSITIVE REINFORCEMENT:

Thanks to flyboy and jmt and all those who provided some semblance of reasonable analysis - thoughts and observations on TC.

For the NEGATIVE vein:
As to those who seem to enjoy bringing sticks to the zoo to poke the animals through the cages - You DEMEAN the forum. Deus is who Deus is. Try to leave the animosity you brought from interaction w/ him from another thread in that thread. I didn't see anything he said that warranted this reaction (that is, that was offensive) -- it was all either valuable commentary or meaningless fill. REMEMBER You can skip his posts by 'ignoring', by scrolling down the page w/o reading, or reading and CHOOSING to NOT REPLY. Having to sort through 4 pages of HE SAID-SHE SAID because of your petty *?*-measuring contest to read the real commentary is just painful.

Interesting comment on Dowling. Especially since HE was the one Dobson couldn't beat off the line on the one on one drill. I'm almost 100% sure Dowling makes the team. One supposedly bad day doesn't mean he'll be cut.

As far as Dobson having trouble beating the press coverage, like Rob0729 said, it was one rep on one drill. I'm not too worried. Watch the Senior Bowl video from the practices, he's pretty damned good at beating press coverage with both moves and strength.

I'm not basing my projection on one bad day. I'm basing it on two bad years.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back