PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots' Training Camp Day 3 (Sunday July 28)

And yet you show how you are turning into maverick2.0 has affected any sanity in your posts.

Yes, because it has been reported that Dobson has struggled in one drill is now mixed reports on the guy. Unless a rookie excels in every drill in his first three days of camp, we should already give his draft grade an F and there is no way to ever change that.

You misread my early post, added in a bunch of irrelevant crap, and got everything wrong. Now you're doubling down on the stupid.

Congrats.

Ok, sit down and take a deep breath because this is going to blow your mind:

Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they know nothing about a given topic.

There's no denying that Deus has a pretty solid football mind, agree with him or not. You're just coming off as petty at this point by saying otherwise.

Now hurry up and say that I love riding Deus' ****, because that's where you'll go next.

I only wish we could have the old Deus back.

Good comedy in this thread is really rounding it out as a great read. It is absolutely true that, other than reports of struggles (for any/all players), there are no reports of struggles and, other than the differing reports of players, there are no differing reports.

I see what you're saying - I was just looking for a witness/source that actually said "Dobson struggled in 1-on-1s."

I finally tracked it down: JMT57, in his rolling tweet wrap up, had this:

Dobson couldn't get off the press in 1 on 1s. Struggled big time in that drill. Didn't have much of a wiggle at the line. Wasn't physical.

And here's the source:
Doug Kyed, NESN

So, there you go. Not exactly a resounding chorus, but a report nonetheless. Something to keep an eye on.

(And yes, for the wise guys: We know it's only Day 3 and the first day of pads and it won't mean anything til they do it in a game. I think most of us get that.)

I see what you're saying - I was just looking for a witness/source that actually said "Dobson struggled in 1-on-1s."

I finally tracked it down: JMT57, in his rolling tweet wrap up, had this:

And here's the source:
Doug Kyed, NESN

So, there you go. Not exactly a resounding chorus, but a report nonetheless. Something to keep an eye on.

(And yes, for the wise guys: We know it's only Day 3 and the first day of pads and it won't mean anything til they do it in a game. I think most of us get that.)

Now if only I'd said it like that :)

My post hadn't been directed at you, at all. My apologies if you thought it was. I personally think it's great that you were looking for verification of something you hadn't personally seen before buying into it, and I wish more people would do that.

Is he missing fingers?

"Based on three days of camp, the top four performers at wide receiver have been Amendola, Boyce, Thompkins and Kamar Aiken. Josh Boyce is starting to come on. Michael Jenkins falling behind. Rookie Quintin Sims also shows some flashes and could be a candidate for practice squad. Amendola, meanwhile, has shown impressive technique as a route-runner and is clearly the most polished receiver on the field."

He said this right after his praise of Dobson...:confused:

Hah .. good catch. That's the sort of thing that has me unsure of him.

My post hadn't been directed at you, at all. My apologies if you thought it was. I personally think it's great that you were looking for verification of something you hadn't personally seen before buying into it, and I wish more people would do that.

No problem, I didn't take it that way. I know you're a gadfly against against intellectual laziness; and I think we all hope the coming season turns around your frustration over the off-season.

Thank you for the write up. Do you have anything on George Winn by any chance - there's no talk of him.

Sorry, but no. He's listed as #35 in the white jerseys, but I don't remember seeing him. Vereen and Ridley were the main attraction in the running drills, and Leon Washington was the main kick returner.

No problem, I didn't take it that way. I know you're a gadfly against against intellectual laziness; and I think we all hope the coming season turns around your frustration over the off-season.

From your lips (fingertips) to God's ears (eyes) on the bolded part, please!

While a lot of attention is being focused upon Dobson (and rightly so), it is very interesting to me that Thompkins is arguably outperforming every Wide Receiver not named Danny Amendola, yet is flying relatively under the radar.

He's another big bodied "X" type receiver. He is lighting it up in practice.. can't wait for the preseason to start so I can see what he's really all about.

Above all else, if Edelman wants to make this team, he needs to get on the field ASAP.

Seems to be fairly good news about our young receivers. Tebow can pass? I wonder what got into him?

Disappointed with Dowling so far. Him and Cunningham are beginning to look like wasted 2nd round opportunities. But particularly Dowling because with the #33 pick, that's nearly a first rounder. Beginning to think we should have traded back...

From your lips (fingertips) to God's ears (eyes) on the bolded part, please!

Remember that when you decide to post on how everything the Patriots did this off-season sucked.

Of course, your lemming buddies will follow along.

Let us know when you get to Foxborough to tell BB and Caserio what they did wrong and when you actually start saying something about what the Patriots need to do since you know are the Almighty Know-It-All when it comes to this roster.

Let me know if you want me to recall your post on how everything the Patriots did this off-season sucked. I will be happy to do so.

But particularly Dowling because with the #33 pick, that's nearly a first rounder. Beginning to think we should have traded back...

They wanted to and tried but couldn't get any fair trades. I know the Raiders wanted to trade up to grab Kaepernick but Al Davis didn't want to give up what the patriots asked for. I don't know the details. I just saw it on NFL.com a while ago one time. Kaepernick said he's happy with the way things ended up turning out.

Naturally Al Davis was ticked off when the 49ers nabbed him. :p

Edit: I found it here:
http://www.ninersnation.com/2013/6/3/4391012/oakland-raiders-colin-kaepernick-49ers-2011-nfl-draft

Both the 49ers are Raiders reportedly tried to deal with the Patriots, but New England wanted a second and a third to move up. The 49ers offered a pair of thirds and New England turned them down.

Last edited:
Ok, sit down and take a deep breath because this is going to blow your mind:

Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they know nothing about a given topic.

There's no denying that Deus has a pretty solid football mind, agree with him or not. You're just coming off as petty at this point by saying otherwise.

Now hurry up and say that I love riding Deus' ****, because that's where you'll go next.

Yea - the following is a sign of a "pretty solid football mind" from Deus the Know-It-All. He's ******* brilliant, I tell 'ya.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/1035688-wr-depth-chart-page2.html#post3495192

1.) Amendola
1.a) Amendola's injury replacement

2.) Wing
3.) Prayer
4.) Hope
5.) Dream

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/1035688-wr-depth-chart-page2.html#post3495192

While I'm sure that's part of it, I also have the "problem" of not liking any phase of the Patriots offseason, among other things:

FA retention - sucked
FA gains - sucked
Draft pick decisions - sucked
offseason issues - sucked
Kraft lying his his ass off - sucked
Gronk's transformation into crystal - sucked
Manning-led Broncos team seemingly improved - sucks
Top NFC contenders in Seattle and SF seemingly improving - sucked
Hell, even the logo change sucked

I'm sure something will eventually get me excited about the season, but it's just not there yet.

They wanted to and tried but couldn't get any fair trades. I know the Raiders wanted to trade up to grab Kaepernick but Al Davis didn't want to give up what the patriots asked for. I don't know the details. I just saw it on NFL.com a while ago one time. Kaepernick said he's happy with the way things ended up turning out.

Naturally Al Davis was ticked off when the 49ers nabbed him. :p

I call BS. Al Davies always gave up what the Patriots wanted :)

Actually, I thought it was the 49ers that tried to trade up by offering a 4th (I believe) whereas we wanted a following year pick (2nd rounder?)

Rico - his posts are the standard of intellectual laziness. See above. He is like one of those kids in high school who think that they are smarter than what his grades actually are. He walks around like he is an A/B student when he was actually a C student.

And it is obvious that he presents himself to be against "intellectual laziness" when the evidence of what he says in his posts is the epitome of "intellectual laziness" because he acts like he has an opinion which should hold some form of authority when in fact, he was one of those posters that should be taken with a grain of salt because of his lack of objectivity.

Great time this morning at Training Camp.

A few observations not already mentioned:

Kenbrell Thompkins and Quentin Sims caught my eye - two WRs over 6' who made some nice catches in the early throwing drills. Dobson, Boyce, Amendola all the real thing as others reported. This is a competitive group. Michael Jenkins looked slow.

Tebow looked awful until he uncorked a 40-yard TD pass on the last play of the practice. Big fan reaction. Belichick spent 3 or 4 minutes talking with Tebow after practice in what looked like instruction on what they want from him. Tebow then signed autographs for the kids along with Brady Gostkowski and four or five other guys.

Tommy Kelly is a monster. We were right behind the goal line series at the end of the practice, and Kelly - Wilfork in the middle was like a mountain range. There was a load of a human being wearing #69 - Anthony Rashad White, I think - who was in the goal line package on defense. Sort of a fatter Kyle Love. He "ran" a lap late in practice that resembled a Mars revolution of the Sun, only slower.

The offensive line looked like a well-choreographed unit in the 11-11 drills. Mankins was smacking guys around a bit like he missed being a pain in the ass. Nice to see. He was gassed at the end of practice. Like last season, the OL is a strength of this team until an injury strikes. Nice to see Cannon in with the starting five.

I went looking to concentrate on Dowling and he was hard to find - either on the other practice field with Tebow and the scrubs, or unremarkable with the starters. Dennard, Talib and Arrington looked good as a unit.

It was great to see Gronk in shorts on the sideline and involved. Hooman looked terrific to me today. Nice catches and faster than I thought.

Last, watching Belichick lumber around the practice field was like watching the alpha Lion on one of those PBS Nature shows. It is so obvious he's in charge. The assistant coaches and the players know where he is at all times. It's a feeling, really, but I don't worry about this team staying focused as the distractions from Hernandez, Dennard and the all-American Tebow circus flare up.

Great post. I just hope fnord doesn't say I'm "riding your richard".
My question is, is Edelperson walking around like Gronk? Is Armistead?

There was a load of a human being wearing #69 - Anthony Rashad White, I think - who was in the goal line package on defense. Sort of a fatter Kyle Love. He "ran" a lap late in practice that resembled a Mars revolution of the Sun, only slower.

Great write overall GH!

I was wondering on the subject of DT's if anyone has heard any rumors pertaining to John Drew? He seemed like a really interesting prospect, I know he had off the field problems.

Seems to be fairly good news about our young receivers. Tebow can pass? I wonder what got into him?

Disappointed with Dowling so far. Him and Cunningham are beginning to look like wasted 2nd round opportunities. But particularly Dowling because with the #33 pick, that's nearly a first rounder. Beginning to think we should have traded back...

He hasn't played football in nearly 2 years on a consistent basis, I think it would be fair to give him more than 1 day in pads to adjust, his OTA performances were held in high regard in the media. Lets wait and see where he is after the first preseason game.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back