PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Training Camp- Tuesday August 16th

Ty Montgomery is gone.

Stock up: Ty Montgomery​

It's not often that Bill Belichick uses the word "wonderful" to describe one of his players, but that's how he chose to describe his experience with Montgomery thus far.

"Ty’s been a wonderful kid to have around," Belichick said. "He’s a very smart, multi-skilled, multi-talented player. Offensively and in the kicking game, I think he’s shown the ability to be competitive in a lot of different areas. We’ll see how it all plays out, but I’m glad we have him.

"Great to work with him, and I look forward to working with him throughout the course of the year on the team in multiple roles. I think there’s a lot of different things he can do. We’ll have to figure out how that’s going to play out, and how to combine him with other players on the field, who else that is and so forth. But it’s nice to be able to work with him."

Yes, yes this is exactly how BB talks about a guy in training camp. "I look forward to working with him throughout the course of the year."

That's far too much info right when we want to know it for it to be true.

Thornton the way he's performing could potentially be a #2 on this squad sky's the limit. :cool:
Assuming his game survives contact with the enemy, he could very easily be that elusive 1, and he can do it on a few home run balls a game--not that he limits himself to that type of role. Really impressed. Parker or Meyers can lead the team in bread-and-butter and medium-explosive plays respectively, but the upside for Thornton has me pre-season starry-eyed.

Say what you want about BB not being able to draft receivers, when he hits he hits. I think that describes TyquanlenolPMGoToBedB**** <- today's nickname, directed at opposing defenses of course.

Another question. How is Cole strange performing ? is it commensurate for his draft position or is it above average.. any comparisons with guards drafted after strange in 2nd or 3rd round?

Another question. How is Cole strange performing ? is it commensurate for his draft position or is it above average.. any comparisons with guards drafted after strange in 2nd or 3rd round?
LOL Are you uninterested in comparisons with the OL taken before him?

LOL Are you uninterested in comparisons with the OL taken before him?
Ok . Let's do both.. with dax hill and karlaftis looking really good, did we over invest in Cole strange ? If strange is performing close to Zion or Kenyon green.

It's still early but Thornton has been killing it in camp, so is Marcus Jones . Nothing is being heard about strange . It's not negative but seems muted .

Last edited:
Malcolm Butler done for the year definitely hurts

Odd conclusion to draw IMO, for two reasons:

1. Going on IR is no longer guaranteed to be season ending, right?

2. Are we sure Butler is going to be a meaningful contributor? Seems Mills, Jones, Jones are all ahead of him, and Mitchell is even or ahead. By the end of the season I wouldn’t be surprised if Jack Jones has passed him on the depth chart, so barring injuries, Butler was looking, at best, to be the team’s 4th or 5th CB; he could ultimately be as low as their 6th, on the merit of others.

Odd conclusion to draw IMO, for two reasons:

1. Going on IR is no longer guaranteed to be season ending, right?
Only players who are on the roster on/after final cutdowns are eligible to return during the year. If Butler went on IR during camp, he can’t return unless via an injury settlement where he would be released.

The first round guards are all projected starters, although Kenyon Green has mostly been hurt so far. The five guards taken in the second and third are not projected starters. Spencer Burford, the 49ers’ 4th round pick, is the only projected starting guard taken outside the first round.

I'll be sad not to see Butler out there this year for old times' sake. Here's hoping Shaun Wade steps up. He's really the guy they need, since a lot of their corners are on the smaller side besides him.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back