PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Training Camp- Monday August 22nd

I don't know about that one RW - I think Reiss is reaching a bit throwing Brown in the same lot as Bourne here.

Reiss typically doesn't reach though. I wonder if he saw something in practice to make him say that Brown hasn't been all in this summer...

Reiss typically doesn't reach though. I wonder if he saw something in practice to make him say that Brown hasn't been all in this summer...
All I ever hear about Brown in camp is that he's the GOAT of 1 on 1 drills.

I've heard from a few reporters (on podcasts and what not) that Brown is usually not a balls-to-the-wall in camp kind of guy. I guess he was the same in 2018 before having the best year of his career. So it wouldn't surprise me if Reiss saw a little lollygagging, then Brown being inactive, and kind of put 2 and 2 together. But I'm not worried about Brown until he misses regular season time. Dude is massive, I'd rather he didn't put more stress on those legs than he has to.

I don't know about that one RW - I think Reiss is reaching a bit throwing Brown in the same lot as Bourne here.
Maybe so. Problem is Brown has a bit of a track record of not going 100% all the time in practice thus leaving himself open to speculation.

Last edited:

Alright! glad they patched things up with Thornton on the bench for a while hopefully no set backs we will definitely need Bourne going forward.

Question what's the story on K Bourne??

I don't think anyone really knows what's going on. It feels like Bourne is in the doghouse a bit, but it's unclear if it's due to attitude, performance, or a bit of both. It just gets muddied further because the offense as a whole has had a rocky start, especially on the OL. So judging skill position players based on play from a patchwork front gets jumbled. Then throw in the fights with Carolina (which Bourne was a centerpiece of), and there's a lot to unpack.

The joint practices in LV will be illuminating in regards to Bourne. If he's taken his licks and comes back with renewed commitment and intensity, it'll be a great sign that they pushed the right buttons. If he continues to be an afterthought, there may be something deeper going on.

I didn't want to start a new thread because I'm so modest.;) But when does OT Yodny Cajuste gets his own thread. I think Cajuste is having a very good camp and getting better with repetitions he looks tough. You can see him mirroring DE's in pass protection he looks like he's ready to Start. Not taking a shot at the short often injured guy but I prefer Mount Brown and Y Cajuste manning the outsides.

I didn't want to start a new thread because I'm so modest.;) But when does OT Yodny Cajuste gets his own thread. I think Cajuste is having a very good camp and getting better with repetitions he looks tough. You can see him mirroring DE's in pass protection he looks like he's ready to Start. Not taking a shot at the short often injured guy but I prefer Mount Brown and Y Cajuste manning the outsides.
There's a thread about Yodny on the front page, PF2. :)

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back