PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots trade for TE Martellus Bennett!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it bad that i still from time to time watch that TD the psycho scored in the SB and i 'make it rain' as i watch just like he does?

I still watch Hernandez on occasion. As just a pure football fan he was fun to watch and also fascinating. Not many guys like him have ever been in the NFL with his skill set.

I see. I didn't know his contract wasn't guaranteed. If that's the case then yeah, he absolutely should take a smaller contract with more guaranteed money.

Yea thats the true leverage here for NE. He has nothing guaranteed.

Maybe the Pats offer a 2yr and guarantee the $5m. Who knows...

Anyone have any details on how he wore out his welcome in Chicago ? On the field he's certainly someone we'll love having.

Issues in locker room were the stories coming out of Chicago. But given how strong our locker room is. Hopefully isn't an issue. If it is..again didn't give up a lot for him and in last year of deal

He wanted to be the #1 guy i think and contract issues. But this year he will be playing for his next BIG deal so could give it his all which he should be doing so a plus IMO

I hear this guy doesn't like to run block.

Edit: I mean I heard he doesn't like to run block not that he isn't a competent run blocker.

Last edited:
Im happy to see the team having a plan and executing on it.
We tried to go after Marvin Jones so I would love to see the team target another trade im scared of this team going near a rookie receiver.
Bennet is a beast would love to see him and Gronk bond and dominate.
Definate upgrade over Scott Chandler. Need a run game to get the play action pass going again. Got another solid interior G, big TE, Solder back, Pss catching backs now we need a bruiser who can consistantly move the pile. Blount is so hot and cold it's frustrating.

dsnt.gif

His production dropped a bit (from his monster 90 catch season in 2014) last year even before he went to IR with a rib injury. It's noteworthy that he skipped voluntary workouts in the last offseason over contract disputes. Chicago seems to have a replacement for him, but seems like Bennett didnt want to play the TE 2 in Chicago. hiopefully that tune will change in NE.

Even if you don't want to be TE2 there is no shame being behind Gronk. IDK who could be mad about that. As long as he gets his snaps and looks which he will I think he should be happy.

I am a tad happy, just a tad. Pressure is building in the bulge.

Doesnt matter what he is worth. It matters what he can get.

It was the same deal with Moss and Dillon. The redid their deals and got market value when they performed here.

I'm confused. Are you saying he should take a 1 year deal worth less per year? Because he definitely will not do that.

Can't be any worse than Chandler was, I like the move a lot!!!! Gronk and Bennet in the redzone are going to be tough to stop!!!!

Wish we could get his brother, too...I put Michael in the top five DL in the league.

Hehe, when he was drafted by the Cowboys, Martellius said: "Any quarterback that can get Jessica Simpson, I’ve got to play with him," about Romo...the guy's a complete meathead like Gronk (I say that with love).

Oops. Tommy better hide Giselle.

Definate upgrade over Scott Chandler. Need a run game to get the play action pass going again. Got another solid interior G, big TE, Solder back, Pss catching backs now we need a bruiser who can consistantly move the pile. Blount is so hot and cold it's frustrating.

Develin back, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back