PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots trade for TE Martellus Bennett!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's gonna really really suck that all of this FA and offseason excitement is going to be completely ruined if Brady loses in court, which he likely will.

It's gonna really really suck that all of this FA and offseason excitement is going to be completely ruined if Brady loses in court, which he likely will.
Not going to get into the debate whether or not he serves games this year(he probably won't even if the judges rule against him). But with these weapons I bet even Jimmy could get us 2-2 or 3-1. And after that Brady will have a field day. The world will not end if tom misses the first four games.

Weird. It's the very first thing I look for.

I think he was joking/being sarcastic... but I've been known very frequently to be wrong lol

Competitiveness is definitely the last thing that I look for in a professional athlete.

Seriously though, I think your point's a good one, and fair to make. The Pats have proven willing to take chances on guys with some character concerns who sometimes fail to work out within their culture. Sometimes it pans out to the tune of Randy Moss or Corey Dillon, and sometimes you get Chad Ochocinco or Albert Haynesworth. It's a risk that the Pats are willing to take, and I generally agree with their philosophy, so I don't even necessarily see it as an organizational criticism to observe this fact. It's just something that warrants mentioning.

I'm guessing that the author used that term in an attempt to try and play nice. Of course, it's the Bears, so the possibility certainly exists that they actually don't look for extra competitive players. :)

Your assumptions are wrong. I was and still am trying to understand the basis for you saying he will block more here. If you don't want to answer fine.

What was the thinking process that was based on voicing this concern? Is that what you're asking? The fact that Bennett was seeing less snaps at certain times last season in blocking situations, that he's recently been used to being a major focal point of their offense, and has shown some signs of having an attitude problem. Human error? Faulty logic?

I'm doing my best here, bud.

It was more of an exercise in "thinking out loud" during a quick moment than it was hardcore, well thought analysis. I will certainly admit that. I've tried to point out how you've made good counter points to any concerns, and as I've noted--it's quite possible that it was a lapse in judgement to include a fear for additional blocking responsibilities. It was more of a general, all encompassing type of thought that Bennett may be expected to do things a bit differently here, both in practice and on gameday.

There were times when Bears fans were praising Rosario or Miller, and were down on Bennett. Some felt as though his head wasn't in the game and that he was taking plays off, hence the idea of some higher expectations here in Foxborough (which may include a stronger focus on blocking vs. what he's used to). That said, the truth of the matter is that I'm probably not well versed in all things "Bears" enough to make a well informed opinion, which is why I included the phrases "human error" and "faulty logic" in one of my previous responses to you.

If you'd like me to yell "uncle" I could do that. :)

Nothing more delicious than the tears of an Indy fan :D

Keep the faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back