PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots trade for TE Martellus Bennett!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of guys dont like blocking. The Patriots tend to look for team first players and Bennett is really a me first player. That doesn't make him a bad player or a bad signing but he would rather be the guy making the play then setting it up. But as long as he gets paid and makes some plays and wins he will be happy i think.

Yeah that's kinda the impression I get of him from what I can vaguely remember hearing, He'd rather be the guy getting the ball.

I watched every game Bennett played last year.

Before his injuries, he was seemingly the best player on the Bears offense, even showing improved consistency as a run blocker.

After the injuries...? He was clearly playing at far less than 100%, out of necessity more likely than not, because the Bears receiver corps was decimated by injuries.

However, concurrently, there were rumblings about his displeasure with his contract, which may have been partly due to his frustration with the injuries impacting his performance on the field, and/or may have been something coaching related.

All in all, if his body is healed, his mind is in the right place, and the locker room is in tip-top shape (as it almost always is in NE), Bennett could be a significant weapon for the Patriot offense both in the passing game and running game. We will doubtless see more 12 personnel from the Gronk/Prisoner days.

Let me welcome The Black Unicorn to the Patriots!
Now, Tommy Boy, welcome him to the EZ.

He's a big-time target...

A lot of guys dont like blocking. The Patriots tend to look for team first players and Bennett is really a me first player. That doesn't make him a bad player or a bad signing but he would rather be the guy making the play then setting it up. But as long as he gets paid and makes some plays and wins he will be happy i think.

Everything I'm reading about the guy's run/pass blocking has been positive.

Martellus Bennett's blocking, contributions on offense remain underrated | Chicago Football

He's not a big enough target.

What the hell is Florio smoking?

CdtLVVkWwAILG6o.jpg:large

Bears have been trying for months to trade him and we get him on the cheap..i wonder why not more takers?

Were some worried about the stuff in the locker room with the Bears near the end?

What the hell is Florio smoking?

All someone needs to do is look at 2011.

Gronk had the greatest year as a TE
Welker had 122 rec for 1500 yards (his best year)
Branch had 50 rec for 700 yards
murder had 80 catches 900 yards

Wish we could get his brother, too...I put Michael in the top five DL in the league.

Hehe, when he was drafted by the Cowboys, Martellius said: "Any quarterback that can get Jessica Simpson, I’ve got to play with him," about Romo...the guy's a complete meathead like Gronk (I say that with love).

Oops. Tommy better hide Giselle.

I think Martellius' wife is hotter

Last 2 days basically work out like this

Chandler Jones (7.9 mil) and a 4th

for

Bennett (5 mil)

Chris Long (2 mil)

Jon Cooper (2.3 mil)

2nd Round pick
You know, I'm still not entirely sold on Belichick coaching/GMing the team, but I think I'm really starting to come around. Still, if he could maybe somehow pull off a trade involving himself, for instance going to Jacksonville in exchange for Gus Bradley, I'd feel a little more comfortable with how this team's being run.

So I guess we got pick #185 and lost #127. 5 picks in Rd 6 now and 11 overall (SHOULD be 12 :mad: and no trading comp's 'til next year :mad:)
#61 (Cardinals)
#96 (Comp)
#185 (Bears)
#196 (Texans)
#208 (Comp)
#214 (Comp)
#221 (Comp)
#243 (Texans)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Back