PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Sign Tim Tebow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course his performance contributed to their wins. Only a complete fool would claim otherwise.

And I'm not trolling at all. If you'd bothered actually reading what I've posted, you'd have seen that, given what I noted about his likelihood of long-term success.

So his performance contributed to the JETS losses last year? You can't have it both ways

i really feel like this is Kraft and BB and Mcdaniels doing Tebow a huge solid, being that first team to "take the risk" and get Tim over that huge error in judgement he made by choosing the jets over the jags last offseason.

I dont see him making the team, but i do see the patriots limiting his press time, and as a result showing the nfl that hes not the headache he was made out to be in jersey, so long as you have strong leadership in coaching, and ownership

isn't he 8-5 with one playoff win?

I'm not a hater - but has the bar sunk that low as to what constitutes a "tremendous success" in your assessment?

with a team 7-24 in previous 31 games (worst in NFL during that span) I wouldn't say it was tremendous but it certainly wasn't horrible

I give up. I am not making Pat's predictions any more as they always make me look like a fool. I hope it's only giving the guy a chance in camp to showcase himself to get signed elsewhere, but I fear it's not.

HYPOTHETICALLY, if Brady gets hurt then Mallet gets hurt is there another QB out there who could run this team? Look what BB did with Brady and Cassel. If Tebow can do anything like he's proven in the past albeit unconventional, BB will know how to utilize it.

In that scenario, call Testaverde. He's still gotta be on the right side of 50.

I might have to change my screen name now.

i really feel like this is Kraft and BB and Mcdaniels doing Tebow a huge solid, being that first team to "take the risk" and get Tim over that huge error in judgement he made by choosing the jets over the jags last offseason.

I dont see him making the team, but i do see the patriots limiting his press time, and as a result showing the nfl that hes not the headache he was made out to be in jersey, so long as you have strong leadership in coaching, and ownership
So you think the patriots are the nfl's department of social services? If NE wasted time on crap like that it would show.. they'd be playing like the jets every year.

I can only hope this is some type of insider BB practical joke on brady being replaced that we'll never hear about... It's the only thing that makes any sense, the guy has already proven himself the most worthless qb the nfl has ever seen so thats not it.

There are indeed UFAs available who could fill positions of need here, e.g.: Brandon Moore, Sheldon Brown,
Sedrick Ellis, Devery Henderson;
there is also useless flotsam already on the 90 who could be easily jettisoned to make room for them, e.g:
James Develin, Chris McDonald, Koutovides, Rivera, Kanorris Davis, Stephon Morris.
Signing Tebow to a make-good contract does not change the above situatiion in any way whatsoever.
Signing Tebow absolutely affects the organisation if for perception alone. There's a reason other playoff contenders aren't interested in Tim Tebow. He's just not that good and the Patriots are resorting to gimmick signings for whatever the reason may be.

I have read the entire thread and Deuce is the only one that really stands out from a positive perspective and nothing he has said even comes close to the two posts I pointed out.

*Edit: Calling Tebow a tremendous QB is close but not equal.... :)

I think his potential upside/versatility is worth a flyer. I would be all for an Abraham type signing as well, but I don't see a situation where the Tebow signing instantly excludes an Abraham type signing. And I don't think signing a bottom roster guy would impact the front office decision making process on a top 25 roster guy.

In addition, I believe BB likes what he has at DE/OLB. I also think Bequette is a guy many are over looking as well as Francis. To me WR is the biggest unknown on the team, which is why I threw that out there in my response.

I have been consistent with my stance on it throughout the post, but have a hard time ignoring ignorant comments from people acting like his signing is the end of the world.
I most certainly isn't the end of the world and the signing of Tebow may not amount to anything, I simply don't like the signing because I don't see a positional fit for him. In regards to Deus, he doesn't respond to people who demonstrate the inadequacies of his positions.

Love the signing! That little quirky Belichick spark hasn't been around for a few years now. Remember when Brady would catch a pass? A safety to get the ball back and win the game?

If anyone can play to his strengths it is Coach Belichick. Should be a great year.

so...just got in from a long hard rainy dreary day...what's new everybody????

I might have to change my screen name now.

You'll be fine. Just get one of these at the concession...

tebowing-pretzel.jpg

It's like drafting a rugby player or a wrestler. Even less downside since you aren't spending a draft pick. Unless guaranteed money was spent, I don't see the harm in a flyer on a 90th man and I see no reason for being either excited or upset.

the guy has already proven himself the most worthless qb the nfl has ever seen so thats not it.

I am fascinated by the responses from the detractors, the wild exaggerations and hyperbole , the statement above is a mad stretch but it proves that the people who hate him are more emotionally invested in hating him than his fans are in liking him.

It's like drafting a rugby player or a wrestler. Even less downside since you aren't spending a draft pick. Unless guaranteed money was spent, I don't see the harm in a flyer on a 90th man and I see no reason for being either excited or upset.

I like the Rodeo Guy move.

BB's collected strange moves remind me of that commercial where to drink a certain alcohol product, I don't know which, you have to prove yourself in some manly fashion... so there's athletes, and maybe a secret agent or an astronaut or something, etc. etc. etc. ... then the new guy is a rodeo clown. A very serious rodeo clown.

Ha ha ha ha this is the best thing that could have happened this offseason - Belichick will be enshrined in the hall of fame in 2014 for turning the 2nd worst quarterback and tackiest christian in the NFL into somebody who actually does something on the field other than fumble and throw incompletions. And the internet implosion is already well under way. Thank you Bill, the greatest troll in professional sport.

Well, we thought OCHOCINCO would create a media storm but that fire was put out quickly.

Are the jerseys in the pro shop yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back