PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots-Seahawks Still Talking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey if the Seahawks are aggressively purusing Branch at this point I'll take the picks and run. The Pats can try to make a trade for a WR later.

I agree that Engram has about zero trade value.

And anybody the Pats bring in would have to struggle to learn the system anyways.

Pats offense looks fine without Branch. Not great but fine, they have strengths in their running game and a glut of talented tight ends.

Pats have been pretty good at finding value in the late 1st round, most likely because their system is different from other teams but in general their 1st round picks have been successful legit 1st round talents.

VJCPatriot said:
Hey if the Seahawks are aggressively purusing Branch at this point I'll take the picks and run. The Pats can try to make a trade for a WR later.
If the Seahawks offered their #1, it would be done if I were Belioli. D O N E DONE.

PlattsFan said:
Geez, can't a guy have a two sentence digression around here? It's just a personal throw-away statement at the end of a post ... relax.

As for the main point, production isn't the best barometer to follow, and, even so, 20% is a pretty substantial difference, considering the differences in the situations. Bobby Engram's production was his best by a good amount since the 90s, and it still falls in that 750-800 yard range which is what average receivers can get in a year in the right situation if things break their way. He had a pretty good number of catches, but he is what he is, an aging receiver who had a good year but can't stretch a defense. Going by his recent history, he's more likely to get 600 yards than 770. Like I said, he's better than nothing, but he's just a run-of-the-mill WR right now. He'd be a body to fill out the 5 WRs, but he wouldn't add much to the team.
Do you have a better idea how to replace Branch's production THIS year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back