PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots-Seahawks Still Talking

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is there for the agent to grieve? that his client didn't live up to his contract and the nasty Pats refused to give him more money?

I don't want any Seattle receivers, they all drop the ball and none of them are in Troy Brown's reliability range.

Things can always work out and they can always kiss and make up.

Who knows how this will turn out. Alll BB said was that Brown is still a member of the Patriots. It doesn't mean they still won't make another offer or that a trade still won't happen.

MrBigglesWorth said:
how is getting a receiver who is productive a terrible scenario? you like caldwell better?

Having him miss half the season (and probably the whole thing, knowing Belichick) and undermining everything this team stands for and what has led them to such success.

you like caldwell better?

No, which is why I would want to get a probably less spectacular but reliable receiver who is not a distraction and can play for the entire year. Clearly you don't like Caldwell either so why would you want him being our #1 for at least half the year?

Last edited:
didnt minnesota trade moss for a first rounder and a player ? is branch worth the same ?

zippo59 said:
Having him miss half the season (and probably the whole thing, knowing Belichick) and undermining everything this team stands for and what has led them to such success.

No, which is why I would want to get a probably less spectacular but reliable receiver who is not a distraction and can play for the entire year. Clearly you don't like Caldwell either so why would you want him being our #1 for at least half the year?
the guy was crying on the sidelines at the end of the bronco game. if that doesn't speak for his love of the game i don't know what does. no matter who he plays for he won't tank it on the field. that's one thing i know for sure.

SVN said:
didnt minnesota trade moss for a first rounder and a player ? is branch worth the same ?
that was before the draft. a first rounder doesn't help til next year.

SVN said:
Moss was somebody who by his own admission only played when he wanted to play, whereas Branch, umm, ... never mind. :D

MrBigglesWorth said:
the guy was crying on the sidelines at the end of the bronco game. if that doesn't speak for his love of the game i don't know what does. no matter who he plays for he won't tank it on the field. that's one thing i know for sure.

The same thing can be said about Terrell Owens, but do you want him on this team?

I would love to get WR DJ Hackett and a #1 from Seattle for Branch and a 4th. I've been impressed with Hackett everytime I saw Seattle so far in the preseason. He's got good size & speed. I like Engram, but like someone said before, he's very similar to Troy Brown, and has a lot of mileage on him (this is his 11th season).

zippo59 said:
The same thing can be said about Terrell Owens, but do you want him on this team?
if you think deion and owens are cut from the same cloth that is your opinion. but i still believe in the guy. people are just panicking and as rick pitino said "the negativity in this town sucks"

PromisedLand said:
Please read post #2 in this thread.

Where in "post #2" does it give Engram's age? You got Deions age in thier but no Engram...you could have just typed the age if you knew it would have taken less time than writing what you did, it actually was a decent question.

MrBigglesWorth said:
if you think deion and owens are cut from the same cloth that is your opinion. but i still believe in the guy. people are just panicking and as rick pitino said "the negativity in this town sucks"

I've held out hope that this guy would come around in every step of the holdout, only to be constantly dissapointed. The guy has shown me nothing as to why I should keep believing in him so I'm not going to waste my time and energy hoping anymore.

that what the fellowship of the miserable said for 70 plus years, that's what people felt like when they were down 3-0 to the yanks. don't give up hope, it's still early.

"Whatever happens, it’s now clear the Patriots misread the market and it may cost them their No. 1 wide receiver."

This from the Thomase article.

I didn't feel that way. The other offers made ours look very competitive.

The only difference was they wanted us to rip up the last year of his contract.

Obviously that's not a fair comparison. Unless the Jets and Seattle want to renegotiate the last year of everyone on their teams still on their first contract.

I read the Pats offer averaged out to 6.25 mil a year. Seems like market value to me.

RayClay said:
"Whatever happens, it’s now clear the Patriots misread the market and it may cost them their No. 1 wide receiver."

This from the Thomase article.

I didn't feel that way. The other offers made ours look very competitive.

The offer reportedly will pay Branch $23M over the first 3 years. That is a considerable difference from the Pats offer.

Bobby Engram? No thanks. I mean, he's better than nothing, but he's a JAG at this point among NFL wide receivers. We'd just be taking him off of Seattle's books. I don't think he has much value in a trade discussion.

This sucks. WR is an over-rated position, but the Pats corps without Branch just isn't very good. Maybe it could be OK if Childress and Jackson beat the odds and are good this year, but ... hope is not a plan. And, I love Troy, but it's not 2001.

Although, looking on the bright side, if Branch goes to Seattle, my fantasy team is a monster (I got Branch with a late-round pick, and I picked Watson with my last pick of the draft to manage the risk). Ironically, every year in this decade either the Patriots have won the SB or I won my league ... so everyone root against me.

Odds are that he will get hurt anyway. How often does a guy hold out for the entire pre-season to only come back and blow out a knee or something that costs him either most or all of the season? Karma!

Last edited:
PromisedLand said:
Moss was somebody who by his own admission only played when he wanted to play, whereas Branch, umm, ... never mind. :D

It seems ugly, but it's just an a-hole agent.

Branch hasn't said anything so he can still say I let my agent handle it.

NE39 said:
The offer reportedly will pay Branch $23M over the first 3 years. That is a considerable difference from the Pats offer.
Yes, but it's not drastically different, and it could have come into play if there ever was A COUNTER OFFER.

It's hard to know what Branch/Chayut wanted when they wouldn't come to the table.

NE39 said:

Seattles? You know the bonuses, guaranteed money etc.?

If they want him they should step up to the plate and give us a #1 plus.

He's under contract you know.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes