PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots-Seahawks Still Talking

Status
Not open for further replies.
zippo59 said:
I really hope the Pats get another receiver out of this, even if not necessarily from the Seahawks (i.e. they take the picks they get a trade for a good solid WR)
ya they get a receiver who doesn't know the system and doesn't have the chemistry with brady. good idea

MrBigglesWorth said:
Let's not give up now people. I realize alot of people are angry, but I'd rather have him back for two reasons:

1. I'd want him for games 11-16 if he potentially did sit out till game 10, which would be foolish on his accounts. And I'd want him in the playoffs where you really need him.

2. You can franchise him next year. No one is going to pay two 1st rounders and if they do I'm sure the Pats will happily accept. We saw when Curtis Martin left the damage done. He had quite a career AS A JET.
What's he going to do next year? Sit out till game ten again and lose all those pay checks which will be substantially higher?

We just have the wait for the tantrum to be over with the agent and player and once they realize they can't win they will come to their senses.

The money looks about the same around 5.5-6 mill. It's all about the guaranteed money which we do not know.

You make a good point. This board is rampant with all sorts of speculation. It's a good thing none of us are in on this, because bridges most certainly would have been burned by now. For all we know, the Patriots will agree to void the last year of Branch's current contract, waive his fines, and sign him to a fairly lucrative one year guaranteed deal.

I don't like the posturing either, but let's not jump to conclusions.

MrBigglesWorth said:
Let's not give up now people. I realize alot of people are angry, but I'd rather have him back for two reasons:

1. I'd want him for games 11-16 if he potentially did sit out till game 10, which would be foolish on his accounts. And I'd want him in the playoffs where you really need him.

2. You can franchise him next year. No one is going to pay two 1st rounders and if they do I'm sure the Pats will happily accept. We saw when Curtis Martin left the damage done. He had quite a career AS A JET.
What's he going to do next year? Sit out till game ten again and lose all those pay checks which will be substantially higher?

We just have the wait for the tantrum to be over with the agent and player and once they realize they can't win they will come to their senses.

The money looks about the same around 5.5-6 mill. It's all about the guaranteed money which we do not know.

Love the enthusiaum but there comes a time to move on-
I think it's gotten too nasty to bring him back,Why have a disgruntled player?,
especially during a potential playoff rush?
He's under contract now-and yes he's underpaid but He signed the contract,and the Pats made a legitimate offer.
My personnel opinion, is it's his agent trying to save face that is screwing this all up.(He has his own intrerest's and not deion's in mind)
Sad it got to this but-"It is what it is",Time to move on in my opinion!

FWIW, just saw Mike Tannenbaum on TV in the Jets preseason game, and he was definitely talking like they were never even close on the Branch thing and that they are definitely not a player anymore.

My impression, but it was pretty clear...

PromisedLand said:
I don't see Branch returning to the Patriots. I think the situation has deteriorated past the point of no return; as they said on NFL Live, "It's getting ugly, folks".

I was one of the ones who figured this would work itself out and Branch would be back by week 1, but it's gone too far. I think the team resigned itself to getting the best deal it could for him when it gave him permission to seek a trade. I think they'll take the best deal on the table and that will be that. I hope Tomase's report that Seattle is willing to give their #1 is true, but I also hope we can somehow get a decent WR who can help us this year. If Seattle were to throw in Engram, even if we gave back a mid-round pick next year, I'd jump on that in a New York minute.
I'm not seeing how this is turning ugly. The Pats issued two statements. I don't see Deion doing situps in his driveway. Deion did one public interview which seemed optimistic and the agent is just being an idiot. I think the Pats should just maintain their silence and send a private message they are waiting for a counteroffer. Silently going about their business is the best remedy. The media is attempting to make this ugly. It's a Borges Virus.

Just a question to the board-
If Deion came back,How much would this hold out(as nasty as it has become).
effect his off the field contracts?
Dunkin Donuts,etc......????
In my opinion another source,That he'll lose because of the hold out.

HAMMERMILL said:
Just a question to the board-
If Deion came back,How much would this hold out(as nasty as it has become).
effect his off the field contracts?
Dunkin Donuts,etc......????
In my opinion another source,That he'll lose because of the hold out.
If you win everyone forgets your past misdeeds. And if you don't they still do. Look at Marv Albert.

MrBigglesWorth said:
ya they get a receiver who doesn't know the system and doesn't have the chemistry with brady. good idea

well the laternative would be that he would have no one to throw to. i think i'll take your option and allow time for the new receiver to learn the offense.

NEM said:
Sorry, not good enough. The Seahawks first round pick could be the 31st, after they lose the Super Bowl to us.... No thanks.

NEM, the pats always get great value in those draft positions.
I'd take it in a heart beat.

zippo59 said:
I really hope the Pats get another receiver out of this, even if not necessarily from the Seahawks (i.e. they take the picks they get a trade for a good solid WR)

Or a linebacker.

MrBigglesWorth said:
I'm not seeing how this is turning ugly. The Pats issued two statements. I don't see Deion doing situps in his driveway. Deion did one public interview which seemed optimistic and the agent is just being an idiot. I think the Pats should just maintain their silence and send a private message they are waiting for a counteroffer. Silently going about their business is the best remedy. The media is attempting to make this ugly. It's a Borges Virus.
:confused: The agent is filing a grievance. That's what you do when talks break down, not when the two sides are negotiating. It's ugly, man, it is UGLY.

zippo59 said:
well the laternative would be that he would have no one to throw to. i think i'll take your option and allow time for the new receiver to learn the offense.
The alternative is getting Deion back the second half of the season and we can specualte if Belichik would activate him.

PromisedLand said:
Please read post #2 in this thread.

I'm not sure what you're referring to. I've read that post several times and I can't see anything about Engram's age.

PromisedLand said:
:confused: The agent is filing a grievance. That's what you do when talks break down, not when the two sides are negotiating. It's ugly, man, it is UGLY.
it speaks of desperation. nobody likes to be ignored and the agent is being ignored so he's just trying to get a reaction. it won't work. he hasn't looked at past history.

MrBigglesWorth said:
The alternative is getting Deion back the second half of the season and we can specualte if Belichik would activate him.

Yeah and I think that would be a terrible scenario. Deal with it now and focus on the season.

zippo59 said:
Yeah and I think that would be a terrible scenario. Deal with it now and focus on the season.
how is getting a receiver who is productive a terrible scenario? you like caldwell better?

MrBigglesWorth said:
it speaks of desperation. nobody likes to be ignored and the agent is being ignored so he's just trying to get a reaction. it won't work. he hasn't looked at past history.
Desparation or not, it's still ugly. And it won't work.

PromisedLand said:
Desparation or not, it's still ugly. And it won't work.
i think you'll see deion playing in game one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back