PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Release Dominique Easley

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you would say that drafting Gronk at pick #42 was an inherently stupid thing to do, even though it worked out? We're talking about 13 spots in the draft.

I think the difference is Gronk has probably watched a game of football in his life, and didn't show up to training camp mauled by his own dog.

If you are going to take an injury risk high up in the draft, at least choose one who is also not an attitude risk.

To be fair here Easley's problems didn't seem to be unmanageable. I myself thought being around Wilfork, Mayo, Hightower,Nink would help him. I guess some guys are always going to walk to the beat of their own drum always, and that's not a bad thing ...... Just not a Belichick thing.

Yeah..not sure we will know..but if teammates were calling him a cancer...they must have know for a bit now.
Right, and probably tried to trade him and go no takers.

I wouldnt be surprised to see him be productive somewhere else think Bengals Broncos Ravens Seahawks since they were interested in him and were suppose to be dejected we drafted him.

This is the MCI we're talking about. I'm surprised he even knew Easley was a member of the Patriots.

I wonder if there was a conflict of interest between Kraft and Easley sponsoring Mac & Cheese?

Nevermind I'll Google it and let you know.

After hearing Easley was released ...

the only mystery was could the forum urinal hold all the piss that would follow.

Supposedly Ian purchased the server with a larger urinal ... for days like this.
What good would a pissing contest be if the server urinal gets clogged?

I wouldnt be surprised to see him be productive somewhere else think Bengals Broncos Ravens Seahawks since they were interested in him and were suppose to be dejected we drafted him.
I wouldn't expect him to last nearly long enough for most of those teams. PFF's pass rush efficiency stat is probably getting the analytics guys in Cleveland all excited, and they're #2 in waiver order. If Easley is as sought after as many expect, then he's going to be spending two years on a really bad team.

Interesting scoop from Volin. Sounds like it just wasn't going to work out. If he was enough of a pain in the ass for the Pats to kick him out the door after only two years then good riddance.

I remember last season when he sustained an injury that there were reports that he would be fine and not miss significant time then boom IR'd. I wonder if they just shelved him because they grew tired of his antics even if he would have been able to play later on in the year.

Not sure how much but according Breer the cost is alleviated or less severe. Which I guess means the Pats would take a 1.9 million cap hit instead of 3.6 million.

Alleviated in this case means reduced, not eliminated. His $1M salary for this season is guaranteed, so the Pats get out of that if he's claimed off waivers.

Apparently my picture of my 100 plus pound German Shepherd/Malamute (king shepherd, Google it) kissing my wife on the couch is too big to upload. Raising a dog right goes a long way towards not being mauled by your own dog...

Apparently my picture of my 100 plus pound German Shepherd/Malamute (king shepherd, Google it) kissing my wife on the couch is too big to upload. Raising a dog right goes a long way towards not being mauled by your own dog...

Agreed. No such thing as a bad dog, only poor owners/situations create those animals. Some breeds will lean towards certain personalities easier than others but they all still need to be pushed to that point. Animals are pretty simple.

Absolutely. I've had the pleasure of owning 3 German Shepards now, and acclimating them to "real life" situations has been key.

We have always had them around children, other dogs, in the car, at the park, etc. You could literally poke them in the eye, pull on their ears or tail, and they would just sit there like a lab. Very friendly. Protective in terms of barking, but I've never seen any hints of aggression in the slightest form.

I think people sometimes want certain breeds, but they also choose to be lazy at the same time. GSDs are working dogs. They are great when you take the time to train and care for them.

This moves to me says the Pats are going to double dip at DT in this loaded DT draft class and Easley just wasn't worth the time and effort anymore. Releasing him now 2 weeks before the the draft may entice a team that is looking for help in the interior pass rush to claim him with 2 years left on his rookie deal. Some team will claim him.

I just want to know when they knew he was an issue. I hope it was AFTER Hicks leftwant

Alleviated in this case means reduced, not eliminated. His $1M salary for this season is guaranteed, so the Pats get out of that if he's claimed off waivers.

So as of now his cap hit is a reportedly 3.6. If he played it would have been 1.9. So you think if he gets claimed it would be 1.0 Million?

That would be even better. I hope you're right.

If Volin's article is accurate, I love this move. No other team is this league would do it, embrace it. Maybe this will be the Kansas City game in the pre-season.

Well shouldn't they at least have tried to get something in return? Like trading for another player or getting another draft pick?

Last edited:
Probably the last Patriot fan on the planet to hear/read this news. I'm shocked, this guy could really get interior pressure. (when he played) with the loss of Hicks and Easley they just got a lot thinner at Dt. If BB gave Dowling and Crable such a long leash I've got to think something is up why he wouldn't give Easley 3 years. Injury or off field. Btw Volin and his unnamed sources are pretty lame.

Hopefully BB has some small school prospect locked in cuz this really is a shocker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back