PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Release Dominique Easley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't expect him to last nearly long enough for most of those teams. PFF's pass rush efficiency stat is probably getting the analytics guys in Cleveland all excited, and they're #2 in waiver order. If Easley is as sought after as many expect, then he's going to be spending two years on a really bad team.
It will be interesting to see if DE can pass a medical. If he does then it makes the concerns about his off-field attitude more significant.

After reading Volin's article, I'm still surprised they cut him now. They could have kept him on the 90 man roster, see how things work out during training camp, and still have tried to trade him for something. I feel like there must be something more there.
I'm thinking that the concerns about his attitude and his coachability are enough to get him sent packing.

Considering the issues with the dogs, I'm wondering if he was involved in dog fighting which could explain this sudden move. Just speculating.
Interesting. Surely the specter of another Micheal Vick would be too much for the team to deal with.

I'm giving the team the benefit of doubt in that case.
Glad to read this. Some people are so wrapped up in the whole aura of the draft. It's just a lottery ticket, it's not cash in the bank.

Seymour was traded and no one ever kissed and told.. fast forward to Easley, there has to be more to this story and we may never know the details..
Indeed. All we really have so far is some old news from his college days and one anonymous quote from a player who may have left the team any time over the last two years. We may never hear another word.

Sorry if this was already said havnt gone through the pages yet, but i wonder if easley was the unnamed patriots with tray walker, or he was just a bad locker room guy

One thing's for sure--and that is that DT just moved up a couple of notches in terms of potential needs/wants, however one may put it.

I don't think DT moved up at all. From everything we are hearing, this has been an ongoing problem, and the team hasn't seen him do the things he needed to do in order to start to have a real impact and earn more snaps. So he probably wasn't part of their plans in any significant way, and in fact may have known they were going to do this for quite some time.

i wonder if easley was the unnamed patriots with tray walker
Nothing has come along that says so, or even suggests so. The unnamed player remains unnamed.

he was just a bad locker room guy
We have a few anonymous quotes saying he had an arrogant attitude and would not follow the team's medical guidance.

Those new reports about character questions certainly put his statement that he likes the movie Chucky because "he's just a prankster" into a new light...

I wonder, was it possible to find out about his character concern simply through the interview process and a bit of research into his background at college? If the answer is positive, then the decision to draft him by Belichick/Lombardi/whoever supported the pick is pretty much indefensible. You don't draft a player with injury and character concerns in the first round. No matter how talented he is.
I don't know why the Patriots have a scouting department. They collect information during the football
season and make their recommendations. BB ignores them at draft time and goes by what Urban Meyer,
Josh McDaniel's brother, and Lombardi think. After the Easley experience, BB will still use high picks
for his own binkies and other players with series injuries.

I don't think DT moved up at all. From everything we are hearing, this has been an ongoing problem, and the team hasn't seen him do the things he needed to do in order to start to have a real impact and earn more snaps. So he probably wasn't part of their plans in any significant way, and in fact may have known they were going to do this for quite some time.
I hope to hell DT is a high priority if only for the fact that this position is the strength of the draft.
They might get a good DT instead of an average player at another position.

It's simple Deus. You can't have it both ways with risk. That's why it's called risk.
You probably shouldn't waste your time arguing with a child in an adult's body. There's a good reason why he's proud to admit that he's the most ignored member on the site.

I don't know why the Patriots have a scouting department. They collect information during the football
season and make their recommendations. BB ignores them at draft time and goes by what Urban Meyer,
Josh McDaniel's brother, and Lombardi think. After the Easley experience, BB will still use high picks

Source that said the scouts were against drafting Easley?

What a load,of sh.t.

Belichick has kept this team at the top of the heap for 15 years despite picking as the bottom of every round every year.

What I find interesting is that Easley is cut, everyone is bewildered as to why, then Suddenly these reports about him seeking alternative treatment, possible dog fighting, and locker room cancer appear. Yet no one had heard any of these things prior to him being cut. You can only ASSUme that the same people who kept all these issues quiet (the Patriots) are the same people now spreading these rumors. Which would make you think that the Pat's were OK with these things when they were hoping he could play.

Easley was a bad pick, and BB just shipped one of his best picks off for a late second round pick and a bigger bust than Easley. The Pat's are in trouble, first round picks are so valuable not only for the talent that they bring, but the fact that you can control them at a reasonable price for five years. So effectively the Pat's are without a first round pick for both 2016 and 2014, this will have a serious negative effect on the Pat's was Brady finishes up his career.

Yea. The GM sucks and the coach can't reach the players and get the most out of the groceries.

If you go back and read the threads after the beat down by KC in 2014 and you will find the exact same people absolutely trashing Belichick and all they have done since then it's win another SB and go to another AFCCG despite being devastated by injuries. And this coming season they are the favorites to win it all, yet somehow Belichick sucks. They are frontrunning crybaby losers who have absolutely no credibility whatsoever, and if Ian wants to unlock the threads from that time I will be more than happy to bump them up and prove it beyond any doubt.

What I find interesting is that Easley is cut, everyone is bewildered as to why, then Suddenly these reports about him seeking alternative treatment, possible dog fighting, and locker room cancer appear. Yet no one had heard any of these things prior to him being cut. You can only ASSUme that the same people who kept all these issues quiet (the Patriots) are the same people now spreading these rumors. Which would make you think that the Pat's were OK with these things when they were hoping he could play.

Easley was a bad pick, and BB just shipped one of his best picks off for a late second round pick and a bigger bust than Easley. The Pat's are in trouble, first round picks are so valuable not only for the talent that they bring, but the fact that you can control them at a reasonable price for five years. So effectively the Pat's are without a first round pick for both 2016 and 2014, this will have a serious negative effect on the Pat's was Brady finishes up his career.

The Patriots are in so much trouble that they are favored to win it all. Un****ingbelievable.

Just some info from a caller on Dennis and Callahan this morning:

Someone called in this morning and said he had been in Las Vegas (around the time of Super Bowl 49) and Easley was there. They were doing some kind of tour (sorry didn't hear what exactly, I think it was an atv tour or something). He said Easley was questioned as to why he wasn't at the Super Bowl, and he said he didn't even like football; he only did it for the money. He also said he didn't care who won the Super Bowl. The guy went on to say that Easley was an arrogant jerk and ruined the tour for everyone because he wouldn't follow the tour guide's instructions and kept slowing/delaying the tour because of his behavior.

I just thought it was interesting and thought I'd pass it along. The call was in the first hour of D & C, I think around 6:50am.

I hope to hell DT is a high priority if only for the fact that this position is the strength of the draft.
They might get a good DT instead of an average player at another position.

I agree. I just don't think the Easley release changes the Pats draft priorities, because every indication is that they weren't counting on him for much next year and beyond anyway.

With all due respect , his locker room problems were public knowledge around draft time. Many people knew about his character risks, his health issues just dominated the headlines. To be very fair to BB, his 'character issues' did seem manageable. Just seemed more immature than actually troubled. It wasn't like he was a guy tied with gang activity , drug activity...he was just an annoying brat. With wilfork, Mayo, hightower ,TB12 on the team... I myself would have thought he would have seen the light.

Damn idiot Easley. The moron probably was released because he eventually is headed to jail for whatever. Pisses me off as a fan and disgusts me as a person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back