PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Release Dominique Easley

Status
Not open for further replies.
It gets tough to avoid religious wars when people start blaming religion for roster moves.

I'm simply saying that when things are turned political the thread is basically done. There's a place to discuss it and it takes a click to get there, not too much to ask imo.

Back on Topic, Jeff Howe posted an article in the Herald today. He has a quote from a "prominent leader" of the Patriots Locker-room. To me, it sounds like something Brady would say..

"“I loved Easley, especially his work ethic,” the player said. “I hope he gets a second chance. … He’s a great (guy) and teammate in my eyes.”
"Back on topic" on this board? Jesus, that's hilarious.

I'm simply saying that when things are turned political the thread is basically done. There's a place to discuss it and it takes a click to get there, not too much to ask imo.
definitely went off the rails. hopefully folks have calmed down and learned from it so it won't happen again.

This place is crackpot central. Get used to it.

just remember, takes one to know one. :)
I'm telling you, the Russkies, or some other nut bag entity put something in the water around here. Every night is like f###### Halloween...

You're going way overboard with one little mistake and totally misrepresenting the point I made from the beginning. I've said from the start and in other threads here that the draft is a crapshoot. That in itself says that the Pats are no different than anyone else. And having many more players drafted and out of the league now supports that the Pats are nothing special at drafting. And it is clearly not the reason for their success. Tom Brady is most responsible followed by the coaching of Bill Belichick. THAT is obviously wrong.
Fixed it for you.

All you have to do is look at what happened when Brady went down in the first quarter of the first game of the 2008 season, and how Matt Cassel's career trajectory went after he left the Patriots and Coach Belichick. QED.

I remember rehabbing next to him at the Andrews Institute back in late 2013. Dude *****ed over and over about having to do certain exercises.

Fixed it for you.

All you have to do is look at what happened when Brady went down in the first quarter of the first game of the 2008 season, and how Matt Cassel's career trajectory went after he left the Patriots and Coach Belichick. QED.

Cassel went 10-5 and made the pro bowl in 2010 without Belichick. The 2010 Chiefs like the 2008 Patriots beat a lot of bad teams.

Fixed it for you.

This is often an argument used by Brady haters. It's not a good one.

Cassel inherited arguably the greatest offense of all time and a team that went 16-0 (18-1 total) the previous year.

They went 11-5 in 2008 and missed the playoffs. That's a difference of 7 wins.

The 2008 schedule was extremely weak as well. Only 3 of those 11 wins came against teams above .500. (2 of them being division wins against the Jets and Dolphins)

They had the #1 weakest schedule going into that season and #8 weakest after the season ended to adjust for the final records.

Last edited:
This is often an argument used by Brady haters. It's not a good one.

Cassel inherited arguably the greatest offense of all time and a team that went 16-0 (18-1 total) the previous year.

That's a difference of 7 wins.

The 2008 schedule was extremely weak as well. Only 3 of those 11 wins came against teams above .500. (2 of them being division wins against the Jets and Dolphins)

They had the #1 weakest schedule going into that season and #8 weakest after the season ended to adjust for the final records.

They also scored about 10 pts less per game compared to 2007.

Willie Andrews would have been suspended if the Pats hadn't cut him.. But it's been awhile..

The point is that drugs really have not been an issue with NE players.

Chandler Jones zoning out was quite a shock.

Back on Topic, Jeff Howe posted an article in the Herald today. He has a quote from a "prominent leader" of the Patriots Locker-room. To me, it sounds like something Brady would say..

"“I loved Easley, especially his work ethic,” the player said. “I hope he gets a second chance. … He’s a great (guy) and teammate in my eyes.”

It certainly does resemble past comments that would be made by Tom Brady. DMcC would be another candidate, or Hightower as well.

Genuine question - in light of the Florida problems should we think differently about THE Ohio State players coming into the league going forward?
It wasn't until he came to OSU that I even noticed how much he pilfered rival recruits from outside areas. I don't know how he does it, but the dude is really good at bringing in top notch, 5 star national level talent.

So for me, if you're following Meyer's teams and potential NFL players, you're probably going to find slightly more top notch 5 star recruits (his current Buckeyes teams have been very high on the list lately) and talent, but also run the risk of dealing with some bad apples who haven't been "conditioned" to real life situations just yet due to his somewhat lax attitude. It's kind of like getting one over on your grandpa. He's just distracted by other things (In Meyers' case, winning) and seems to assume that you'll figure it out on your own.

I don't think it matters much, as Belichick hasn't seemed to be much of a fan of drafting OSU players in general. Aside from Ebner, I'm not sure that I can even think of anyone else who's been taken in the past 10 years. I'm sure there have been some, but they are few and far between, that's for sure.

Even with Urban Meyer gone there is just something wrong about Florida. I can't believe there hasn't been some massive piece of investigate journalism into his time at the school because I can't imagine all the seedy crap that was going on.

U of Miami are no angels either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back