PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriot's pull one out their...ear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill B.

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
A tale of two halfs. Patriots looked bad in the first half. Brady was off, the O-line could not pass protect and the defense could not stop the run. Once we stopped them on fourth down in the third, it was like a switch came on and they played like the Patriots.

Dillon and Maroney make quite an effective combo. I liked that we used Maroney in the third quarter so Dillon was fresh in the fourth when we needed to burn the clock. Watson made some clutch catches. I think we should see more off Faulk lined up as a receiver. He had a great catch for a TD.

You have to give the Bills a lot of credit. They came out aggressive and were very effective with their pass rush. They did kind of implode after the missed fourth down.

This should be a lesson for the Patriots and us fans. Never take a division opponent too lightly.

All true...very stressful game. I'll take the win though. Miami better look out next week against the Bills. it won't be a cake walk like Miami fans think.

The Bills defense is very talented. They have a lot of great players. Clements, Vincent, Spikes, Fletcher, Schobel, Whitner, McGhee, Triplett, Simpson, and others.

From here on out I won't think of any of our games as a cake walk!!

patsacolachick said:
From here on out I won't think of any of our games as a cake walk!!

You got that right. It's hard to believe it, but some self-styled football genius actually started a thread out here last month that said our schedule really didn't begin until Week Three because we were "only" facing the Bills and Jets in Weeks One and Two. And, after what I saw of Pennington's game-winning drive this afternoon, we'd better not be taking next week lightly.

Last edited:
Great points all, and it was also good to see Reche Caldwell come up with a couple of big catches. It's a start.:)

Reasons why I'm not worried after this performance:

1. It was week 1 and that is always the most unpredictable of weeks.

2. Buffalo has a new staff and the pats had very little to go on when game planning. They weren't going to show much in pre-season. The Pats clearly had no idea how fast this Bills team was up front on defense.

3. No Bruschi, Gabriel, Jackson. I think with two potentially explosive wr's, the offense will be much better. Bruschi helps strengthen the defense that really didn't play all that poorly when you look at points allowed, just 10. They played a little undisciplined early on, letting guys run wild on the edges and such.

Seriously, this was like 2 different games. If the Patriots play this year like they did in the first half, they'll win 5 or 6 games, tops. If they play like they came out in the second half, they'll win 13 or 14. I don't know if the opening half was just first game jitters working themselves out of what, but it was ugly. But the dominance along the lines in the second half bodes very well for the team. If the running game continues to pay big dividends, and the defensive line can dominate opponents and let the linebackers run free, this team will go very, very far.

I'll take 18 more just like it, :)..........I don't know if my heart can take 18 more like this though. I knew they would make halftime adjustments though, and they did, pitched a 12-0 second half shutout in the second half. I think we'll see a huge improvement from Brady next week, it's double trouble for the Jets, Brady always plays great after a rare poor game, and always plays well against the Jets. I don't have any connections with the Pats FO, so I have no idea if Jackson or Gabriel will be able to play, I certainly hope so. It should be interesting, a road division game. It'll be close, because the Pats never seem to play in blowouts. It's either a 3-7 point win, or a loss. I don't know if the Jets have a better run defense than the Bills, they better hope they do.

scott99 said:
I'll take 18 more just like it, :)..........I don't know if my heart can take 18 more like this though. I knew they would make halftime adjustments though, and they did, pitched a 12-0 second half shutout in the second half. I think we'll see a huge improvement from Brady next week, it's double trouble for the Jets, Brady always plays great after a rare poor game, and always plays well against the Jets. I don't have any connections with the Pats FO, so I have no idea if Jackson or Gabriel will be able to play, I certainly hope so. It should be interesting, a road division game. It'll be close, because the Pats never seem to play in blowouts. It's either a 3-7 point win, or a loss. I don't know if the Jets have a better run defense than the Bills, they better hope they do.
Speaking of that 12-0 shutout - it came after the coaching staff had 2 qtrs of information on the Bills' schemes....not too shabby. :)

Re: The AFCE is BACK !!

Off what I saw this day, the Bills now have a QB who is maturing in his third year. He WAS a first round pick and finally looked like it, afterall. They aren't there yet, but the foundation is layed for the Bills to be a lot tougher. They could be close to a .500 club.

I am amazed that Pennington is back, but he is a proven QB even with a rag arm. That will make the NY Jets a better club too. Neither club can be overlooked, and I predict that the Dolphins and Pats will have to fight for every division victory.

I also predict the Dolphins are NOT GOOD ENOUGH to sweep the Bills and Jets.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye